Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

*Bob Richards*

First Halpern and now the guy with the funny name.

Massive upheaval.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Good, I hope they are clearing cap space at this point. He is not going to play with Hamrlik and Gilroy easily ahead of him. They shouldn't play him at forward either. Too many young players who should get shots.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Anyone else think they gotta be up to something?

Little strange to just toss away two guys out of nowhere.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
maybe McIlrath to be given a look...:yo: i hope this happens. with Bickel being on waivers maybe...

I was thinking the same thing. I know Bickel wasn't loved in these parts, but with him and Haley off the squad a soft team is getting softer by the minute.

Punxrocknyc19*

I was thinking the same thing. I know Bickel wasn't loved in these parts, but with him and Haley off the squad a soft team is getting softer by the minute.

i bet Haley will be back. he didnt look too bad when he was here.. i wont mind seeing Ferriero back as well. thought he did a decent job. better than Boyle and brings alot of speed. something Rangers lack.

Punxrocknyc19*

Bickel was ehh.. at least he always stuck up for teammates. i respect that. i wish some of our leaders would do that.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
First Halpern and now the guy with the funny name.

Massive upheaval.

Halpern and Bickel is a massive upheaval?

Maybe in Rangerland, but....

Anyone else think they gotta be up to something?

Little strange to just toss away two guys out of nowhere.

Out of nowhere? We have played some really ****** hockey lately, lost to Florida at home, this is way overdue in my eyes.

*Bob Richards*

I do like Stu. He acknowledge his role and did what he had to do. He was probably the least talented hockey player most of us have seen, but he got way too much hate for a guy that sees maybe 4-5 minutes of ice time.

Halpern and Bickel is a massive upheaval?

Maybe in Rangerland, but....

I was being facetious, damn you. :rant:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't know but if Halpern barely got claimed. I REALLY doubt that someone claims Bickel. The guy is worthless...

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not suspecting he'll get claimed, it's just odd I think. Had they done it yesterday, he could've cleared today rather than waiting for Monday at noon (someone correct me if I'm wrong there).

If Bickel was on a one-year deal I could see a team claiming him. Versatile in the sense that he can play forward or D and can drop the gloves and handle his own. A few teams I'm sure wouldn't mind having a guy like that around as an emergency kind of player.

With another year left on his contract though? Don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad