Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
i bet Haley will be back. he didnt look too bad when he was here.. i wont mind seeing Ferriero back as well. thought he did a decent job. better than Boyle and brings alot of speed. something Rangers lack.

Yeah, Haley and Ferriero were ok. But at some point we need to figure out the team wide lack of offensive production.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
good, this team is sending the message, a shakeup is coming

lets pray Bickel is picked up by a team wanting toughness. He is cheap and can play D and F........am I selling him ?:laugh:

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

lets pray Bickel is picked up by a team wanting toughness. He is cheap and can play D and F........am I selling him ?:laugh:

"play" is a strong word. I would say more like "can be written down on roster sheet at play time."

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
They certainly do seem to be clearing contracts.

Of course, the other point that is possible that none of us have really discussed: the Rangers have a history of letting guys go when those guys no longer want to be a part of the organization. So, it's possible one or both guys requested to be waived to see if they'd catch on elsewhere (and their agents may well have had indications to this effect from other teams).

Or both of these moves could be for contract clearing. Or they both could have been because they legitimately want(ed) to send the guys down to play in HFD (doesn't make sense in the Halpern case IMO). Or it could be some combination of the above.

Either way, glad to see Bickel gone. Torts used him too much (and then used him poorly) when he was available to him.

Now take Boyle away from him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

And that message is???

"Oh ****, if Halpern and Bickel can go, who is safe?!"

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

Of course, the other point that is possible that none of us have really discussed: the Rangers have a history of letting guys go when those guys no longer want to be a part of the organization. So, it's possible one or both guys requested to be waived to see if they'd catch on elsewhere (and their agents may well have had indications to this effect from other teams).

Or both of these moves could be for contract clearing. Or they both could have been because they legitimately want(ed) to send the guys down to play in HFD (doesn't make sense in the Halpern case IMO). Or it could be some combination of the above.

Either way, glad to see Bickel gone. Torts used him too much (and then used him poorly) when he was available to him.

I can imagine Torts getting hysterical screaming "Where's my jam??!?"

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Id like to think theyre up to something for a real shakeup, but its past noon and we havent heard if Halpern has been picked up, and Im pretty sure there will be no interest in Bickel - so, while they might be trying to clear contracts, I dont know if its going so well.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Id like to think theyre up to something for a real shakeup, but its past noon and we havent heard if Halpern has been picked up, and Im pretty sure there will be no interest in Bickel - so, while they might be trying to clear contracts, I dont know if its going so well.

Halpern to Montreal officially

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
2 years ago i warned this board that Torts would make this team a mess with no toughness at all.. Bickel is a guy i know sucked and did nothing at all to help the rangers but he stood up for his team and did anything need to be a Ranger. The Rangers are by far the softest team i have ever seen since i started watching them in the early 1970's.. Torts is a sham and a phony and now good luck with Krieder /miller and others playing without a policemen in a conferance with Carkner/Boulton/Thornton/Lucic/Prust/Orr/Fraser/ and tons more. a F'ing disgrace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad