Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
''As of right now Radulov and Markov are still Montreal Canadiens so everyone just relax!''

@417

;)
Really don't get why you're posting that now lol

Is that an actual quote I made?

Either way...it's not like this place hasn't been in complete hysteria for the last 6 months.

So let the madness continue I guess

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Bergevin needs to have some confidence in the young guys and stop signing done players like Hemsky and Streit. That's my main criticism.

But, Streit experiment is done after 2 games, in the end, if they choose the young guy (Mete) it's alright. Now.... what about Hemsky ?

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Bergevin needs to have some confidence in the young guys and stop signing done players like Hemsky and Streit. That's my main criticism.

But, Streit experiment is done after 2 games, in the end, if they choose the young guy (Mete) it's alright. Now.... what about Hemsky ?
Of course it's alright, Streit's cap hit will be buried in the minors, it's like he never existed. As for Hemsky, I believe he can offer something, but if he can't, it's up to a young guy to earn his spot and then they can bury Hemsky with Streit.

Streit was a pointless signing but hey, it happens. Montreal needs it's draft picks to start stepping it up

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Really don't get why you're posting that now lol

Is that an actual quote I made?

Either way...it's not like this place hasn't been in complete hysteria for the last 6 months.

So let the madness continue I guess

Because it's funny lol.

And yeah that's a pretty direct quote. When people were freaking out about the possibility of losing Radulov/Markov you were saying that ''right now, they're Montreal Canadiens'' like...2 days before free agency opened.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
low risk, won't count on the cap, Molson his losing is money, that all

If thats all you need to consider............... why not sign Iggy , Doan or Jagr...........or Chelios? :laugh:

low risk, wont count on cap, Molson losing money thats all.

Hey give me a shot ! " low risk"

some guys would justify ANYTHING MB does................Bargain Bin could bring back Scrivens and it would be a good move. Hey why not Soup? :laugh:

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I told you why Bergevin signed Hemsky over Jagr, It's because Hemsky can still skate! Jagr doesn't fit in what they're trying to build here.

There's a coach in place you know? Bergevin is not making these decisions on his own.

:laugh::laugh: LOL

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pure Hail Mary. Streit, Hemsky, 8.5 Million in cap room -- all evoke the absence of diligence and planning or worse, incompetence..
This is so bang on.............I have been saying all along, our GM is in over his head...he plans for nothing, other than what he is to wear! Brutal foresight...

Reactions: PaulD

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Only 4 more hours until we know if Streit cleared. The suspense is killing me.

ku3vM5.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because it's funny lol.

And yeah that's a pretty direct quote. When people were freaking out about the possibility of losing Radulov/Markov you were saying that ''right now, they're Montreal Canadiens'' like...2 days before free agency opened.
Ok...and?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
low risk, won't count on the cap, Molson his losing is money, that all
"Low risk"...

Maybe from a money standpoint. From a hockey standpoint though there's a huge risk in signing crappy players. When you do that you wind up like us, a team short on skill. Stop nickel and diming. We have 8 mil in cap space and we can't afford Jaromir Jagr? We can't risk a few million on a guy who's going to be infinitely better than what we got?

At least Jagr would've been okay as a poor man's replacement for Radulov for a season. At least you know he'll do 40-60 points for you. THAT would've been low risk.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
"Low risk"...

Maybe from a money standpoint. From a hockey standpoint though there's a huge risk in signing crappy players. When you do that you wind up like us, a team short on skill. Stop nickel and diming. We have 8 mil in cap space and we can't afford Jaromir Jagr? We can't risk a few million on a guy who's going to be infinitely better than what we got?

At least Jagr would've been okay as a poor man's replacement for Radulov for a season. At least you know he'll do 40-60 points for you. THAT would've been low risk.

And if Jagr doesn't do much, at least we still got a player who can move merchandise. Doesn't help the team, but I would get it from a marketing standpoint. All that being said, yeah, Jagr is a better option than the others.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And if Jagr doesn't do much, at least we still got a player who can move merchandise. Doesn't help the team, but I would get it from a marketing standpoint. All that being said, yeah, Jagr is a better option than the others.
At least you're getting a guy who could maybe pass on some teachings to younger guys. Wish we'd gotten him in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad