Post-Game Talk: Streak over Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Perfetti just going through a stretch where he's a bit snake bit. He keeps the positive play up the goals and points will start coming again.

Bottom 6 needs to score a goal more than once every 10 games

still can’t believe they had little Perfetan as the net front presence on the PP

Yup, get Perfetti on the hb where he belongs. Get Mark into the bumper.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm going to echo what everyone is saying, 11 and 7 just doesn't work. Our coach was running different line combos every other shift. How can you expect any line to be cohesive and get a flow if they are different every second shift?

Either up and trade tree or get him out of the lineup, he's not good enough.

Didn't think we played bad at all after the first 10 minutes but just didn't take our chances tonight. Going to be nights like tonight throughout the year.

Special teams need to really improve.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What is the rationale for 7 D EVER in a game?
Is there some strategy for using it against certain teams that I’m missing? Or was AJF banged up at the last minute? Some other thing maybe?
It may work if your 7th defensemen is a good player, maybe, but Stanley isn't better than having 4 lines playing together and getting cohesive like @surixon has said. You had Scheifele basically playing center on two lines and all that's going to do is tire Scheifele out, probably affected our PP because of that as well. I don't understand the thinking at all.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It may work if your 7th defensemen is a good player, maybe, but Stanley isn't better than having 4 lines playing together and getting cohesive like @surixon has said. You had Scheifele basically playing center on two lines and all that's going to do is tire Scheifele out, probably affected our PP because of that as well. I don't understand the thinking at all.

Especially on a b2b night. You'd think you'd want more even ice time to keep players fresh.

Reactions: Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i know the LA crew has gotten a lot of hype. and rightfully so notably w/ Iafallo to start the year, & the potential Vilardi offered given the 21-22 season.

but he's goalless in his last 17
kupari hasn't scored all year now hurt
vilardi tough to evaluate b/c he's been hurt too

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Brossoit and JoMo almost won us a point or two We’re firing on only 5 of 6 top forward cylinders right now. We have to figure out a new firing order. KFC come home, we all miss you.
Here’s a twist: “You can’t teach Chemistry”.
But with any luck the guys will discover a little more..

Reactions: Jets 31

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I'm going to echo what everyone is saying, 11 and 7 just doesn't work. Our coach was running different line combos every other shift. How can you expect any line to be cohesive and get a flow if they are different every second shift?

Either up and trade tree or get him out of the lineup, he's not good enough.

Didn't think we played bad at all after the first 10 minutes but just didn't take our chances tonight. Going to be nights like tonight throughout the year.

Special teams need to really improve.
Re the bolded, the only thing that makes sense is that Chevy is trying to showcase him, particularly against weaker teams, in the hope of salvaging something in trade. Penny-wise, pound foolish, if it costs us games.

I expect him to be gone in the next month, certainly by the time Ville is back.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Don't like 11/7. DeMelo and Stanley were bad. I liked Chisolm over Stan. Capo is dominating in the AHL, I'd rather he play on the right side, he's probably more effective than Chisolm or Stan.

When is Kupari back?

Why not give Lambo a look in the top 6 and pp.

Reactions: JetsFan815

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Re the bolded, the only thing that makes sense is that Chevy is trying to showcase him, particularly against weaker teams, in the hope of salvaging something in trade. Penny-wise, pound foolish, if it costs us games.

I expect him to be gone in the next month, certainly by the time Ville is back.
you really think it's still show-case for trade? he's in his 7th year post draft, 100+ nhl gp.... i think teams know who & what he is. if it was a newly drafted prospect for instance w/ not a lot of nhl gp i can buy that. but 1-2 games against weaker teams doesn't do much to sway an opinion at this point, imo.

maybe teams are trolling chevy and co. to get Stanley in the lineup to ice weaker a team :laugh: :sarcasm:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
i know the LA crew has gotten a lot of hype. and rightfully so notably w/ Iafallo to start the year, & the potential Vilardi offered given the 21-22 season.

but he's goalless in his last 17
kupari hasn't scored all year now hurt
vilardi tough to evaluate b/c he's been hurt too
PLD is playing like a mid 3rd line C. 5 goals.

Jomo Schmidt
Dillon Pionk
Samberg DeMelo

Chisolm as the 7
Get rid of Stanley and have Capo as the emergency call

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
There is now way the NHL should have back to back games. It's too crazy. Flying out late to another city. Playing less than 24 hours later. That is brutal

Reactions: robertocarlos

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Don't like 11/7. DeMelo and Stanley were bad. I liked Chisolm over Stan. Capo is dominating in the AHL, I'd rather he play on the right side, he's probably more effective than Chisolm or Stan.

When is Kupari back?

Why not give Lambo a look in the top 6 and pp.

Doesn't it seem like a searing indictment of whatever is going on with the Moose that Chevy looks up and down their roster to fill an injury gap, and ends up saying "you know what, I think I'll just put Logan Stanley in as the 7th defenseman"???

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
PLD is playing like a mid 3rd line C. 5 goals.
yeah i know PLD hasn't done well. however i am talking about the Jets and what our players are doing. i don't care what PLD is or isn't doing, his goal-scoring/stats don't add or have any bearing on this team anymore.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
you really think it's still show-case for trade? he's in his 7th year post draft, 100+ nhl gp.... i think teams know who & what he is. if it was a newly drafted prospect for instance w/ not a lot of nhl gp i can buy that. but 1-2 games against weaker teams doesn't do much to sway an opinion at this point, imo.

maybe teams are trolling chevy and co. to get Stanley in the lineup to ice weaker a team :laugh: :sarcasm:
I like that alternative theory because it's more palatable than thinking the Jets still think he's gonna justify his draft pedigree.

Still, I'm going to stand by my prediction that at least 1 GM out of 32 still believes you c-a-n-'t
t-e-a-c-h--r-e--a--c---h

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That PP is going to haunt as the season goes along that was a very winnable game especially with the goaltending LB gave us at the start. They need to connect on one of those PP

For the love of god stop with the 11F/7D thing. Just takes any cohesiveness out of the team. Call up someone or make a deal or waive one of those already

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I like that alternative theory because it's more palatable than thinking the Jets still think he's gonna justify his draft pedigree.

Still, I'm going to stand by my prediction that at least 1 GM out of 32 still believes you c-a-n-'t
t-e-a-c-h--r-e--a--c---h
oh yeah i am not saying there wont be a gm that does trade for him. just not sure if i fully buy a team is calling chevy to put him in the line-up. i also dunno if the Jets necessarily want to trade him.

Reactions: scelaton

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Another slow start but we managed to more than make up for the poor start after the first 10 minutes.
We can break this game down to the tiny details of what went wrong, who played bad, and where we could have been better,
But in the end, when you outshoot your opponent (37 shots) and are given 5 opportunities with the man advantage, you need to score more than a single goal.

IMO, I find it hard to blame the D effort under these circumstances - it looks like it might be our scoring that was the issue - unless the plan is to win 1 - 0 most nights.

I didn't like the decision to play 11/7 either - but we managed to get a pile of shots on net and seems to have plenty of offense zone time (along with the PP's) - and then you could also consider the number of times we missed the net or over played opportunities (too many passes or playmaking choices).
Did we really lose this game because of the 11/7 or a breakdown on the PK? Might have been part of it but IMO, not the major factor.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The PP and lines need to be deployed differently with Connor out.

On 5 on 5 I'd switch Perfetti and Ehlers. We are going to need 40 goal Scheifele with KC out, so play him with the best pure passer on the team. Perfetti also needs someone who can finish his chances.

Put Fly back with Name and let him drive that second scoring line.

I'd also consider breaking up the third and may e moving Nino up unto the top 6 as the third line hasn't been accomishing much for a while now.

On the PP they need to play players to their strengths then just putting all our skilled players out there and going with the hodge podge we have.

I have no idea why they still think Perfetti is the best option for the bumper spot. He needs to be touching the puck and making things happen with his vision and qb skills. Put him in Scheifele's spot. Have Mark go to the goal line/second screen option, get Nino in as a LS bumper player and put Ehlers in the KC spot. You now have three LS one time options for Cole as well as a dangerous down low player in Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad