Post-Game Talk: Streak over Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
When was the last time scheif or ehlers scored from the wing on a one-timer? Everything relies entirely from the point shot for any hope of a goal and we don’t have guys that can get quality shots through.

And is it just me or does Vilardi never have his stick on the ice in the slot

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Can anyone confirm this? if true it's possibly the reason the Jets went 11- 7 and should be calling up someone from the Moose when they get back. Offensively AJF does nothing. Probably going 11-7 again against the Kings tomorrow night.

Reactions: hn777 and DharmaBum

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
1702448716082.png

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There's some really good positives to take from this game :

1) Brossoit was great ( we have a solid backup)

2) We basically dominated the 2nd and 3rd period.

3) We are really holding the opposition to 3 or less goals often.

4) We didn't quit, and kept on pressing til the end.

5) Where we have to improve -- Scheifele has to shoot more, and Ehlers, Perfetti, have to score more, making up for Connor missing. We had 5 power plays -- zero goals. This "has to improve."

6) Their goalie was good, Morrissey hit the post, and this game could have went either way. On to LA -- to take on PLD -- Ces't bon !!!

May be time to call up Lambert or Chibrikov, and generate some scoring.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Can anyone confirm this? if true it's possibly the reason the Jets went 11- 7 and should be calling up someone from the Moose when they get back. Offensively AJF does nothing. Probably going 11-7 again against the Kings tomorrow night.

Bruh is we are worried about AJF being claimed then this franchise has reached a new level of missing the forest for the trees... who cares if he gets claimed, there are players like him on the waiver wire every day. I doubt this is the reason, probably Bones just galaxy braining.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

5) Where we have to improve -- Scheifele has to shoot more, and Ehlers, Perfetti, have to score more, making up for Connor missing.

6) Their goalie was good, Morrissey hit the post, and this game could have went either way. On to LA -- to take on PLD -- Ces't bon !!!

Bottom 6 needs to score a goal more than once every 10 games

still can’t believe they had little Perfetan as the net front presence on the PP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Bruh is we are worried about AJF being claimed then this franchise has reached a new level of missing the forest for the trees... who cares if he gets claimed, there are players like him on the waiver wire every day. I doubt this is the reason, probably Bones just galaxy braining.
I could care less if AJF gets claimed but there was no reason to play 7 D against the Sharks.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
The Jets wasted a fabulous performance by Broissant.

We need to practice hitting the net.

We need to stop putting the smallest guy on the team in front of the net on the powerless play.
Haha powerless play. But yeah, that's not the right spot for Perfetti.

That being said, not hitting the net seems to be something that comes and goes. Sometimes a goalie is hot, sometimes your stick is not. Felt like there was a lot of quality chances, at least late in the game.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bottom 6 needs to score a goal more than once every 10 games

still can’t believe they had little Perfetan as the net front presence on the PP
As Russia's leader Putin says -- on Perfetan - "we speet out like fly." Yes, Cole is too small a body in front of the net. You need Nino, or Villardi, or Scheif there.

Reactions: sipowicz

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg

You know, I don't know how exactly this would affect the Jets player retention or the whole roster composition thing, but who cares if we lose AJF? I don't hate him as a player, but he's also pretty replaceable in the lineup. It doesn't seem to me that it is something we should be fretting over.

Hell, if y'all want some pretty dude to look at, I'll post a selfie in every GDT.
8swfVF6.gif

Reactions: bustamente

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Not the result that we wanted, but it wasn't Brossoit's fault, he had a heckuva game. As stated in the GDT, you can't score if you don't hit the net. Geez... Anyway, I give this game three sharks out of five...

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Not only has the Prediction Contest thread been posted for the game against the Los Angeles Kings, but I have also posted the GDT as well, so go have a look and sing along...

giphy.gif

See you guys later tonight, I hope...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Our shitty-ass special teams are probably the one thing keeping us from being a top-echelon team. PP needs work especially now without Connor.

Looking forward to getting Heinola back. Stanley will be traded soon but that was a horrible turnover that cost us dearly on the Sharks second goal.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

5) Where we have to improve -- Scheifele has to shoot more, and Ehlers, Perfetti, have to score more, making up for Connor missing. We had 5 power plays -- zero goals. This "has to improve."

Well said !

Reactions: AlaskaJet and GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I fell asleep for the third but the game plan was not great...

Stan is bowness Beaulieu... and the Jets are paying for it - wouldn't be surprised if they waive Chisholm soon

Ehlers drives play but he never did fix his accuracy

Jets third line is faltering - and 11-7 kills the flow...

Get Samberg on the right side with jomo - and demelo down to support our third pairing

Deepest team we have had in a long time... and suddenly it seems like we have no depth without KFC

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
11-7 just doesn't work, Axle isn't going to be a difference maker but it will allow 4 lines to be played and not overplay our top guys . Now if the 7th defensemen was good that might be a different story but Stanley isn't. Gotta figure out the PP as well. I'm wondering if Scheifele hurt his hand in that fight against the Ducks and he can't shoot the puck very well right now. Brossoit played well again and that's good.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They're just saving HFJets from hearing "we lost AJF for NOTHING" for the next 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad