GDT: Stranger Things - Devils vs. Kings - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought Zacha was fine in the 2C role tonight. Not perfect but a step in the right direction.

Put Mojo and Palms at his wings and you might have something good.

We already know our top line is fantastic. A Boyle run 4th line is pretty good too. Especially with how Noesen is playing.

Not much room for Stafford or Hayes, but with our injury luck good to keep them around for now.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yup, didn’t even notice the skate getting caught at first. Really ****ty situation but hopefully it turns out well.

I landed on my leg similar to how he did when I was skateboarding a few years back, heard a pop in my knee and I was limping right after that and for a few weeks later as well. Couldn't bend my knee to sit properly for a while either. Totally sucked.

I'm hoping he's okay and doesn't miss too much time and that it doesn't make him less explosive like his knee injury did last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it's more than fair to say that this was the best played game of the season?

It was pretty perfect.

Hoping for Hall to be fine.

I would say so. Definitely our best possession game. Easily the least amount of shots given up all year.

Best defensive game too. We gave them no room to cross our blue line. It was honestly really impressive.

Vats didn’t score but i thought he played a really strong game. Him and Moore were actually excellent tonight.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Win vs mtl and dallas will right the ship for the last two clunkers we threw up against cbj and the rags

We should be in first if we pull that off. This really depends if Hall can go for those games.

If we can barely win when Hall plays but doesn’t score, i wouldn’t be too confident with no Hall.

Getting Mojo back would help though. I’m not expecting Palms until the Ducks game.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As stated, best game of the season. Worried about Hall looking for good news. I support Zajac 100%. I can't understand what is going on with Zacha.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I thought he played well for sure

With him its more the head than anything else. He has pretty good tools and needs more confidence. Confidence comes from feeling the trust of the coaches, so they just need to let him play and also live with his mistakes. They do this with Severson game after game and just have to do the same with Zacha. Benching people is not the right answer for young players like Zacha.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
With him its more the head than anything else. He has pretty good tools and needs more confidence. Confidence comes from feeling the trust of the coaches, so they just need to let him play and also live with his mistakes. They do this with Severson game after game and just have to do the same with Zacha. Benching people is not the right answer for young players like Zacha.

He played a decent amount of mins with about 30 seconds each on both the PP and PK. Nice zone entry to Butcher who then went to Bratt before he set up Hall for the goal. Zacha just needs to play without worrying if he’s going to get benched. I wish his leash was along as Woods is although if he played as hard as Wood does on a nightly basis we wouldn’t be even talking about this.

Reactions: NJ07102

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Speaking of that, Severson is a total train wreck out there. Somethings gotta give at some point with him.

Yeah, every game he makes these totally brainless plays. He was good for a while, but returned to doing this a few games back. It's really hard to understand why he keeps doing this over and over again.

Oh, and after being pretty hard on Vatanen so far... he was really good last night.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Didn’t feel like it. Especially after that brain dead turnover to the reanimated corpse of Dustin brown.

He got crossed up with Moore coming out of the box. It could happen to any defenseman. Some people on this board talk about every turnover he makes so damn much that I swear it's all they're looking for with him.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Does anyone have a good comparable to Bratt as far as playing style? I can't think of any. I'm excited for what he can become. He's so slick and exciting with the puck but so sound everywhere else too. I don't really see any holes in his game so far. His projection is skyrocketing.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Does anyone have a good comparable to Bratt as far as playing style? I can't think of any. I'm excited for what he can become. He's so slick and exciting with the puck but so sound everywhere else too. I don't really see any holes in his game so far. His projection is skyrocketing.

Honestly, he kind of reminds me of Elias. Maybe not necessarily in playing style, but that same kind of very smart, very responsible style of game. He can set guys up, he can score. He can play all situations.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany

Gretzky light. Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad