GDT: Stranger Things - Devils vs. Kings - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
:) I want to rewatch that game just to listen to the Kings announcers sound bummed (i get both Kings & Ducks on Local DirecTV) Is it similiar in NJ, do you get both Devils & Ranger/Isles games on Cable/Satelite ?

Reactions: Dialamo

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
:) I want to rewatch that game just to listen to the Kings announcers sound bummed (i get both Kings & Ducks on Local DirecTV) Is it similiar in NJ, do you get both Devils & Ranger/Isles games on Cable/Satelite ?
Some people in the central of the state can opt to get all the metro area teams and Philly if they're willing to pay for it.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Some people in the central of the state can opt to get all the metro area teams and Philly if they're willing to pay for it.
Was watching the replay of the Devils/Kings game on the Kings feed, they spent so much time talking about Kopitar while they are losing & his stats & calling him the MVP already lol even though he's only 8th in points per game.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Was watching the replay of the Devils/Kings game on the Kings feed, they spent so much time talking about Kopitar while they are losing & his stats & calling him the MVP already lol even though he's only 8th in points per game.
I always watch the opposing teams highlights of the game to see how they call things. Far from the worst out there.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I have DirecTV now so I dont know if it's still the case with cable, but living in Hunterdon County, in addition to Rangers, Devils, Islanders, we used to get the Flyers too.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
got to justify that 10 mil a year somehow lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some of us in Florida are unlucky enough to get Steve Goldstein and Denis Potvin with the Panthers broadcast, even though I’m over 4 hours away from them. :facepalm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it was Jim Fox sometime in the middle of last year, who said you could make a good case for Peter Budaj being the MVP. :facepalm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Denis potvin is quite possibly the dumbest sports color commentator I’ve ever heard.
I used to like him back in the day, when he did games for ESPN. Usually it was only during the playoffs.

He’s really lost his mind over the last decade.

And Goldstein is such a homer, he probably still thinks they’re making the playoffs. I haven’t read his Twitter in a while, but I wonder if he’s still dispersing the kool aid to the fan base, over their current and rudderless direction.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I used to like him back in the day, when he did games for ESPN. Usually it was only during the playoffs.

He’s really lost his mind over the last decade.

And Goldstein is such a homer, he probably still thinks they’re making the playoffs. I haven’t read his Twitter in a while, but I wonder if he’s still dispersing the kool aid to the fan base, over their current and rudderless direction.

I liked Potvin back during his first stint with the Panthers with Rimer on play-by-play. Since then he seems to have gone full on crazy old uncle, although he doesn't have the charm like our very own crazy old uncle Chico does.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I liked Potvin back during his first stint with the Panthers with Rimer on play-by-play. Since then he seems to have gone full on crazy old uncle, although he doesn't have the charm like our very own crazy old uncle Chico does.
Man, that's going back to the 90's. I had center ice from like 96-onward, but I didn't watch the Panthers much back then. Rimer and Potvin might have still been there through the early 00's. I think Potvin was there from their inception in 93 until 2009 or so. Then he went to Sports Net and did the Sens for 4 or 5 years, until they brought him back. Supposedly, Yormark (remember that jabroni that had the spat with the Devils fans on twitter during the 2012 playoffs?) decided not to bring him back, because he was too expensive. Then when he left, Potvin was brought back again. I guess he had always maintained a residence in Florida, then wanted to come back when he was able to.

I can't remember if Rimer is the Blue Jackets PBP guy since they've been in the league, or if he came around the mid 00's. I know Rimer has been with the CBJ since at least 2005-2006. Dave Strader briefly did Panthers games in the mid 00's or so, with Denis Potvin. Then they brought this homer Goldstein in, no later than 07-08.

Potvin is similar to Chico, as in both of them have those senior moments. Their former teammate Butch Goring is much the same. I have those moments and I'm not anywhere near as old as them, so I understand. Potvin has just become really bitter and delusional in his older years, where Chico isn't at all like that.

Goldstein might be the second worst PBP guy now with Steggy retired from PBP. That Colorado guy is the worst. He's obnoxious as f***. Goldstein is so annoying, and has corny catchphrases like ''The Andyman can!'' and ''The Booth! The Booth! The Booth is on fire!''. And when he starts singing ''HUUBY DOOBY DOO!'' after a Huberdeau goal, it's reminiscent of the Dumb And Dumber scene where Harry and Lloyd are singing mocking bird in the gasman's face when they're riding in the van.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Rimer wasn't the Jackets original announcer. I think that guy moved on to cover college sports somewhere.

Florida'a crew really is the worst now that Steigerf*** and Errey aren't together. Although Arizona isn't far behind. Tyson Nash might be the most annoying and useless color guy in the league.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad