Confirmed Trade: [STL/WPG] Paul Stastny (50% retained) for Erik Foley, 2018 1st round, 2020 conditional 4th round

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Stastny is a credit to any team he goes to. We are worse off without him, but this is a retool year, and changes had to be made. I'll definitely be rooting for Winnipeg over Nashville.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Why do fans find a need to **** on their former players after every trade?

Because every fanbase has a lot of posters on here, many with different opinions and levels of maturity. You'll get good and bad with each of them, though I don't think the post you quoted was as bad as you're making it out to be.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Man, Winnipeg is stacked at forward. Just a scary team up front. I still like Nashville better, but the Jets have a legitimate shot to bring Canada that long-awaited Cup.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jets are now the favourite in the West. They'll only get better once Lowry and Trouba return.

The 4th line of Copp-Lowry-Armia will play hard minutes against opposing teams top lines which means easier match ups for the 3 legitimate scoring lines centered by Scheifele, Little and Stastny.

Chevy just gave his team the best chance to win now. I hope the players are as excstatic and the Jets fanship.

Love the move!

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Kind of surprised the blues making this trade when they are competing with the jets.
They really weren't. The Blues have really regressed after their fast start and have been manhandled by a lot of teams since December. They have played below .500 hockey since December 12. This team gave DA no confidence in their play as of late, so Army just cashed it in to get ready for the offseason and draft. The team is bewildered and has no answers as to what ails it. I suspect the Blues, sitting at 72 points currently, don't break 82 points this year. I also don't expect any of our prospects to come up either and start their clocks. This team is what it is for the rest of the year. One good offensive line of Schwartz/Schenn/Tarasenko, and after that, nothing. If you want to beat the Blues, just shut that line down. I expect a lot of shutouts to 2 goal games, which is pretty much what they've been doing for the last month. Let this settle in, the Blues have not come back this year from a 2 goal deficit. We'll just sit here and wait while Chicago catches and passes us!

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This isn’t the Blues year. They just acquired more assets and will save their bullets for another day. Love the return.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Stastny obviously never lived up to his salary but I did not realize 40 point centres are going for 1st round picks these days.

Well there is a 50 point center making 10.5 million per season these days.

Strange times.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Stastny obviously never lived up to his salary but I did not realize 40 point centres are going for 1st round picks these days.
Stastny has more points at the TDL than Hanzal had all last year, and Hanzal got a 1st+. Rick Nash is pacing for less points than Stastny currently has and also returned a 1st.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
40 points at the 3/4 pole?

He's on pace for 52, which isn't bad but he hasn't cracked 50 in 4 years. Good depth piece if Schiefele gets hurt.

Stastny has more points at the TDL than Hanzal had all last year, and Hanzal got a 1st+. Rick Nash is pacing for less points than Stastny currently has and also returned a 1st.

Its the typical deadline overpaymemt I suppose.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This isn’t the Blues year. They just acquired more assets and will save their bullets for another day. Love the return.
Been like that for a while now for STL. It's either been their goaltending for lack of quality at the C position it seems for the past decade.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
He's on pace for 52, which isn't bad but he hasn't cracked 50 in 4 years. Good depth piece if Schiefele gets hurt.

Its the typical deadline overpaymemt I suppose.
Good middle 6 C regardless. Let's see how his point total ends up with some very talented wingers and positive match ups. Besides his overall game is really a plus.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Been like that for a while now for STL. It's either been their goaltending for lack of quality at the C position it seems for the past decade.

Yes it has. Blues fans are excited about their prospects in Thomas, Kyrou, Thomason, Kostin, Walman and also have Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Schenn, Edmundson, Parayko and Fabbri in their primes. The future isn’t bleak at all.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Hope Foley turns out to be a decent bottom 6 player. He looks good from the videos I saw. Really like the Soshnikov kid they just got from Toronto too.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
As a Jets fan I would have preferred to move them Dano, Petan Foley. Foley is the most likely to have a full NHL career IMO.

Foley may be a more valuable piece for STL, but he didn’t have a place in Winnipeg IMO. Although, the same can be said for Dano and Petan (personally I would like to hold on to Petan)

Reactions: Snowman

Jan 21, 2018
Man, Winnipeg is stacked at forward. Just a scary team up front. I still like Nashville better, but the Jets have a legitimate shot to bring Canada that long-awaited Cup.

This team did not deserve Laine with the talent on this roster, but still glad they got him over Edmonton. I wonder what would have happened if Laine went to the Oilers and Puljujarvi went to Winnipeg.

I bet Puljujarvi would be a star right now and Laine would be considered a bust...

Reactions: larmex99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad