Confirmed Trade: [STL/PHI] Kevin Hayes (50% retained) for 2024 6th round pick

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
50% retained and can't get better than a 6th. I know it's Kevin Hayes, but that's the best they could get?
Hayes sucks. He had a little hot streak clinging onto to coattails. Im sure the gms around the league know what hayes is, a 6th being the result. you cant come into a team like hayes did with all the swagger he had despite chuck and others buying into it. Then play the way he did with zero heart and zero motor. look at his point totals the last 25-40 games of the season. With all do respect ill take a 6th to get him out of the locker room.

Reactions: Larry44

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
We needed a #3 C to round out the forward group. Where would you spend it? Tell me what you could get for 3.5 mil that would be better than Hayes. 85 pts in 129 games the last 2 years.

Nick Foligno just got 4 mil.

Don't be butthurt about this.
chill bro. a person isn't "butthurt" just because they say a player sucks. i'm glad Hayes is gone. have fun with him.

Reactions: Larry44

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
how does that differ from what I said? Because you‘ve named one tornado?
Because it is in the state and the state is known to get many F3s+ per year. Look at Colorado, they get a ton of tornadoes each and every year, but the highest it has gotten was like an F4 in the 1960s (just one). Missouri gets F5s bruv.

You do know that Joplin is like 300 miles from STL....
If it can happen there, it can happen in St. Louis. Don't think you lot are immune or have optimism bias problems.

• Haha
Reactions: The Electrician

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Because it is the state and the state is known to get many F3s+ per year. Look at Colorado, they get a ton of tornadoes each and every year, but the highest it has gotten was like an F4 in the 1960s (just one). Missouri gets F5s bruv.

If it can happen there, it can happen in St. Louis. Don't think you lot are immune or have optimism bias problems.

I said the odds are extremely low. You have a better chance of dying in a car crash than I do of getting hit by a tornado.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Which one? Both are pretty bad, but in Philly you can at least travel close to something relevant or interesting. There's a reason why people in the Midwest call Missouri "Miseri."

I don't think NHL players choose where to settle down based on the same criteria tourists use. I bet pretty much every NHL market has very nice places to live in. I'm not gonna compare St. Louis to Philadelphia but there must be a reason that Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Gretzky, and many other ex Blues still spend a lot of time in the STL area.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Which one? Both are pretty bad, but in Philly you can at least travel close to something relevant or interesting. There's a reason why people in the Midwest call Missouri "Miseri."
a) well over half the state pronounces it "missour-uh" so get your facts straight
b) why not just spell it out properly, misery?

Reactions: The Electrician

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Because it is in the state and the state is known to get many F3s+ per year. Look at Colorado, they get a ton of tornadoes each and every year, but the highest it has gotten was like an F4 in the 1960s (just one). Missouri gets F5s bruv.

California gets earthquakes and wildfires. Florida gets hurricanes. Upstate New York gets blizzards.

Gee, it's almost like weather exists everywhere. And weather can be unforgiving. Do you have anymore anti-St. Louis rhetoric you want out of your system? I'm sure whatever you have to say will be enlightening and well thought out.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You started this idiocy by straight up saying, "imagine not waiving your NTC to stay in St. Louis".
It's true though, he didn't want to go to Philly because they're rebuilding. If you say he was going to then get swapped to the Lightning, do you think he would still not have waived his NTC to stay in St. Louis? Players like all-around summer weather in tax-free havens, he would've waived it.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Holy shit the amount of thread derailment because "hur dur y he wan stay n stluiz" comments has really been something...

As for Hayes, in Weekes' original tweet he said "there could be another component to the deal." Has anything else materialized in regards to that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad