Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Leafs | Wednesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
A-320273-1148221019.jpeg.jpg

Does Harry Chapin not look like a certain Leaf?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I heard Dallas hasn't scored a 5v5 goal in 3 games. It's hard to believe how great they are defensively and how terrible they are offensively

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So once again, Leivo impresses with his 8 minutes of ice time... picked up a really nice assist... then gets benched the next game?

I'm all for rotating players, but let someone else sit this one out. Give Marleau a rest or something like that.
This player can do no right it seems.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Dallas is playing us on the second half of a back to back and their 3rd game in 4 nights on a road trip while the leafs are rested. Should be no excuses to not skate them into the ground.

This does seem like a trap game though

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Trap game is this season's version of "I have a bad feeling about this game"

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I don’t understand babs decisions. Leivo impressed in the little time he played and yet he puts Moore back on that line again?? If he puts Martin I can understand because Dallas is a physical scrappy team but Moore..?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dallas is playing us on the second half of a back to back and their 3rd game in 4 nights on a road trip while the leafs are rested. Should be no excuses to not skate them into the ground.

This does seem like a trap game though
What makes it a "trap game"?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The fact that we should win this. I guess its not really a trap game because Dallas is a decent team, but you know what i mean lol
I always thought the accepted definition of a "trap game" is one that's easy to look past as there is an important game coming right after.
Looking at the schedule, I suppose they could be looking past this one to Buffalo the next night.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don’t understand babs decisions. Leivo impressed in the little time he played and yet he puts Moore back on that line again?? If he puts Martin I can understand because Dallas is a physical scrappy team but Moore..?
moore is a fiesty guy and can actually skate

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I really don't think spinorama Moore skates for the leafs again unless theres another injury. Hope I'm right and Leivo draws in until AM34 returns.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So once again, Leivo impresses with his 8 minutes of ice time... picked up a really nice assist... then gets benched the next game?

I'm all for rotating players, but let someone else sit this one out. Give Marleau a rest or something like that.

This player can do no right it seems.

Leivo practiced as a d-man before Saturday’s game and still played.

Babcock said not to read into the 4th line. Hasn’t decided who is playing the 4LW spot yet.

I’d wager it will be Leivo

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Yeah they got 3 power play goals in the last 3 games, but that's all their offense. Pretty crazy stuff from a team with that offensive talent
They dont have much offensive talent besides the big 3. They're a completely different team from 2 seasons ago.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I hope next year once some of the UFA's go Leivo gets more of a full time shot, that being said, where would he possibly fit on this lineup once Auston is back right now? I don't see any room unfortunately.

Easy, he takes Browns spot and our second PP unit likely gets better

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yes, let's also take Ron Hainsey out for Marincin.

Marincin is a +30 or something in 20 something games played with the Marlies and plays on top pairing there; so......

May not be a bad thing. Also he was very solid with Rielly as a top pairing in our tanking year so he has done it at NHL level before.

He also wasn’t that bad for us in the playoffs against the caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->