Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Leafs | Wednesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marincin is a +30 or something in 20 something games played with the Marlies and plays on top pairing there; so......

May not be a bad thing. Also he was very solid with Rielly as a top pairing in our tanking year so he has done it at NHL level before.

He also wasn’t that bad for us in the playoffs against the caps
Marcincin is like Ben Smith. Good in the AHL level, can't play in the NHL. he's not equipped for the speed and skill

Reactions: La Masse

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marcincin is like Ben Smith. Good in the AHL level, can't play in the NHL. he's not equipped for the speed and skill

Chara is also slow and has always been slow but his reach and positioning always helps defensive side of the game.

Marincin can be something similar. I still have hope for him

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
I don’t understand babs decisions. Leivo impressed in the little time he played and yet he puts Moore back on that line again?? If he puts Martin I can understand because Dallas is a physical scrappy team but Moore..?

You talking about a coach that is trying to show the G.M. who's boss....Your talking about a man with a Ego that is playing head games with players constantly...Lots of Pain coming

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Why are earth are people pining for Marincin?

Stats be damned, hes the worst defenseman Ive watched for more then 30 games in the past twenty years.

Hes AWFUL

So was Gardiner but he came around. Not saying Marincin is gonna be elite; just saying I still have hope that he will be a serviceable NHL D-man

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Stats be damned, hes the worst defenseman Ive watched for more then 30 games in the past twenty years.

Hes AWFUL

There's no way he's worse than guys like Lebda, Exelby, or a broken down Komisarek.

His mistakes are horribly glaring and I would never play him in a single playoff game because he can't handle pressure, but he makes it hard for the other team to gain the zone and can PK well enough. He'd be playing decent minutes if he was on a bottom-feeder right now, and he'd probably have returned a 3rd or so at the deadline for them.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
There's no way he's worse than guys like Lebda, Exelby, or a broken down Komisarek.

His mistakes are horribly glaring and I would never play him in a single playoff game because he can't handle pressure, but he makes it hard for the other team to gain the zone and can PK well enough. He'd be playing decent minutes if he was on a bottom-feeder right now, and he'd probably have returned a 3rd or so at the deadline for them.

We traded a 4th for him and hes taken himself from an NHL player to the AHL. Why is he worth more now?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Chara is 6’9 and Marincin is 6’5

Marincin can still develop hopefully. It’s not like he is sucking in the AHL.

As i said I still have hope for him
Marincin is a big guy, but Chara is the biggest. 4 inches is a pretty big difference. Marincin also doesn't use his size to intimidate the opposition like Chara does. Nor is he even close to as good with the puck as Chara

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marincin is a big guy, but Chara is the biggest. 4 inches is a pretty big difference. Marincin also doesn't use his size to intimidate the opposition like Chara does. Nor is he even close to as good with the puck as Chara

Apparently you equate "hope someone becomes better" to "someone is already better"

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Apparently you equate "hope someone becomes better" to "someone is already better"
sure but he's already 26 years old and has already been passed on our LHD depth chart by Dermott and Borgman this year. he's trending the wrong way and there's no NHL spot on the horizon for him here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
sure but he's already 26 years old and has already been passed on our LHD depth chart by Dermott and Borgman this year. he's trending the wrong way and there's no NHL spot on the horizon for him here

We need a stay at home defenseman who can clear the crease and is good at shot suppression. If it isn't Marincin then we gotta find one so PMDs can do their thing

Zaitsev, Gardiner, Rielly, Dermott are all decent PMDs but when it comes to clearing the crease or playing the body hard on the boards all (Dermott is excused for being a kid) are not strong enough.

Soon Liljegren would be in NHL another great PMD but doesn't play body well (at least from what I have seen).

Lindstrom was really good not because he was mean but because he was not only a PMD but was really good at playing body on the boards (and of course elite hockey IQ).

Karlsson is Lindstrom without the defensive awareness and elite defensive IQ

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We need a stay at home defenseman who can clear the crease and is good at shot suppression. If it isn't Marincin then we gotta find one so PMDs can do their thing

Zaitsev, Gardiner, Rielly, Dermott are all decent PMDs but when it comes to clearing the crease or playing the body hard on the boards all (Dermott is excused for being a kid) are not strong enough.

Soon Liljegren would be in NHL another great PMD but doesn't play body well (at least from what I have seen).

Lindstrom was really good not because he was mean but because he was not only a PMD but was really good at playing body on the boards (and of course elite hockey IQ).

Karlsson is Lindstrom without the defensive awareness and elite defensive IQ
Dermott and Borgman are better at clearing the crease and shot suppression. Marincin is as soft as it gets and is terrible at clearing the crease. he's also way too inept to get the puck out, which is crucial for us. Dermott is way stronger than you're giving him credit for

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Hes AWFUL
Hard to think of one worse.
What's the connection to the Game thread? He hasn't been recalled I hope?

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
You talking about a coach that is trying to show the G.M. who's boss....Your talking about a man with a Ego that is playing head games with players constantly...Lots of Pain coming
If you think Babcock's plan this season is "showing the GM whos boss", well thats actually kind of funny to think about lmao. If thats truly his plan coincidently it has his team in the playoffs. Maybe i should try that philosophy with my boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad