Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Leafs | Wednesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah it'll probably be the same pairs as last time only Rosen in for Dermott.

What's weird to me is that they're going with Rosen over Borgman

Borgman is much better. I don't see the need for a trial period when we're competing for home ice. I don't think Rosen is NHL caliber yet
Since it was Borgman who beat out Rosen for a spot on the Leafs roster that is surprising that he was not called back up. Although since this is an emergency basis recall it means they can only be up and play so many games compared to a regular AHL call up. So maybe Dermott can still play tomorrow and it means we need to wait about that.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Since it was Borgman who beat out Rosen for a spot on the Leafs roster that is surprising that he was not called back up. Although since this is an emergency basis recall it means they can only be up and play so many games compared to a regular AHL call up. So maybe Dermott can still play tomorrow and it means we need to wait about that.

I expect that Borgman is on the Marlies spending every game developing his Penalty Killing skills so that he can be an effective replacement for Polak next year. That's not something he would be able to do on the Leafs.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
This is Polak's replacement next year:

inanimate-carbon-rod-001.jpg

j/k - he's been ok lately

The rod may actually be President :sarcasm:

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events