Post-Game Talk: Stars Beat Dallas

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Much faster game than isles game and Willy and Matty really highlighted their skill when there is more room on ice to perform on PP .. Stars were on 2nd of back to back on road with backup tender and were there to be taken .. but give Leafs their dues they took advantage and were better team most of night .. still this type of game won't occur in playoffs unless we face Tampa again .. and although we all love Brodie and Gio as TO kids they are both washed .. Gio's lack of foot speed to keep up to play cost us 2nd and 3rd goals against .. and Brodie has lost a step or two and could not get up close enough to shooter on 4th goal against for da block .. but he is playing too much on a top pairing and he breaks down badly late in games .. but bottom line you can't completely screen tender like that .. I had a bullseye view of shot and goal from my blues and I could not see puck either .. it either hit Sammy or it was a goal .. he was positioned square .. bottom line that should have been a 4-1 win but our D turned it into a 5-4 win .. no one cares in regular season but in playoffs no one scores 5 like that on 5 skilled goals in 1 game .. Tre hurry up and FIX this D core

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Matthews and Marner have been really good since the All Star break, dominant two games.
I expect another big night Saturday at home in Ottawa.
I have thought all 4 have been pretty good.

Nylander and Tavares should have had multiple points against the Islanders. Bertuzzi too, but that seems like it just won't happen.

Yeah, it is pretty simple.
So if they make the third round and end up losing, all will be well?

Reactions: ACC1224

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Exactly we don’t have secondary scoring guys, so why expect it? We have the primary guys that theoretically would provide all the scoring we need, the rest are there to provide toughness. Sure we are trying to get it out of Guys like Robertson but as soon as he gets 15 or 20 he will be gone. We can’t afford secondary scoring on top of everything else.

We can’t? Damn I could have sworn we’re paying Domi and Bertuzzi almost 10 mil to score but I guess it’s actually for their shutdown defense and elite physicality.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Still really liked Jamie Ben’s bully brand hockey out there. Every time he’s close to a guy he just looks like he’s going to take up space and pick on a guy.

He reminds me of modern day Owen Nolan. That's his game. That's how he creates spaces for himself.

Reactions: rumman

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I have thought all 4 have been pretty good.

Nylander and Tavares should have had multiple points against the Islanders. Bertuzzi too, but that seems like it just won't happen.

So if they make the third round and end up losing, all will be well?
If they get to the ECF and lose it would be acceptable to me. It would show progress. It would, presumably show progress in Matthews, Marner and Nylander's playoff game.

We are in no danger of winning a Cup. I felt the only year that was remotely possible was the Canadian division year.

I will take an ECF defeat at this point, absolutely.

Previous management has done so much damage that I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Brad can make that happen this year.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I thought the top 4 forwards played well, and realistically, several from the Marlies probably could have done well on their lines.

Reaves as a 7 minute per game player is about it.
Domi, completely underwhelmed. Too bad I was expecting much, much more.
Bertuzzi, seems to not have an ability to complete a task. He actually scored 30 one year ...

? - Matthews - marner
? - Tavares - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Holmberg (Jarnkrok)
? - Kampf - ?

Some developing assets and/or depth, Knies, Steeves, Tverberg, McMann, Robertson, Gregor

IR - Jarnkrok, Kampf - into line-up when healthy

1707412135926.png

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I thought the top 4 forwards played well, and realistically, several from the Marlies probably could have done well on their lines.

Reaves as a 7 minute per game player is about it.
Domi, completely underwhelmed. Too bad I was expecting much, much more.
Bertuzzi, seems to not have an ability to complete a task. He actually scored 30 one year ...

? - Matthews - marner
? - Tavares - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Holmberg (Jarnkrok)
? - Kampf - ?

Some developing assets and/or depth, Knies, Steeves, Tverberg, McMann, Robertson, Gregor

IR - Jarnkrok, Kampf - into line-up when healthy

View attachment 816377
Wow. Nylander was 2nd in ice time for forwards SH last night.

I am not sure that is tge way to go

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If they get to the ECF and lose it would be acceptable to me. It would show progress. It would, presumably show progress in Matthews, Manrer and Nylander's playoff game.

We are in no danger of winning a Cup. I felt the only year that was remotely possible was the Canadian division year.

I will take an ECF defeat at this point, absolutely.

Previous management has done so much damage thylat I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Brad can make that happen this year.
This is the lowest expectations I have had since the Washington series, so I would agree with you.

An ECF appearance would be great.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Haven't seen much of that toughness from Bertuzzi. Does the guy ever win a puck battle? His sweeping stick checks just don't cut it. On pace to score about 10-12 goals, 40 points. For a guy that makes $5.5 million and in hopes of parlaying this season into the big pay day, it's no where near good enough. No toughness, no secondary scoring no nothing. He either plays out of his mind in the PO (If we make the PO) or this surely is the one and only season he plays as a Leaf. Domi too although I think Domi has been marginally better than Bert. Both major disappointments.

This team has too many deficiencies for BT to make trade deadline deals. See if a reliable D or 2 can be had without giving up too much, but I wouldn't even bother. Roll the dice see if the team can get hot at the right time and have their own Cinderella run.

Only thing worse than Bertuzzi has been Treliving. Hope it changes and I can recant

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I see this as an investment into the future.
If he can play center on the PK, he can play center at ES when Tavares recedes into 3rd. line or winger role.
Good points.

Had not thought about that

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Haven't seen much of that toughness from Bertuzzi. Does the guy ever win a puck battle? His sweeping stick checks just don't cut it. On pace to score about 10-12 goals, 40 points. For a guy that makes $5.5 million and in hopes of parlaying this season into the big pay day, it's no where near good enough. No toughness, no secondary scoring no nothing. He either plays out of his mind in the PO (If we make the PO) or this surely is the one and only season he plays as a Leaf. Domi too although I think Domi has been marginally better than Bert. Both major disappointments.

This team has too many deficiencies for BT to make trade deadline deals. See if a reliable D or 2 can be had without giving up too much, but I wouldn't even bother. Roll the dice see if the team can get hot at the right time and have their own Cinderella run.

Only thing worse than Bertuzzi has been Treliving. Hope it changes and I can recant

I'd have no problem is they make a hockey trade during the TD, when many teams are making personnel changes.

Be very disappointed if they rent anyone.

And if a team must have a 1st. round pick, I'd insist on a pick coming back.
What is the value difference between a 1st. around 20th. and a 2nd. around 40th?

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I'd have no problem is they make a hockey trade during the TD, when many teams are making personnel changes.

Be very disappointed if they rent anyone.

And if a team must have a 1st. round pick, I'd insist on a pick coming back.
What is the value difference between a 1st. around 20th. and a 2nd. around 40th?
Agreed NO RENTALS

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I sincerely hope we don’t pick anybody up and save our picks. We are back to draft shmaft…. Go all in what 6 years straight now. Just spinning our tires. William, Marner, kadri, Mathews, Rielly, all came through the draft. Man you’d think it was some top secret formula on how to obtain top players

Reactions: OddyOh

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Wow Brodie is a machine out there!

A Bert Kreisher kind of machine, sadly.

We need a 3rd line centre with more bite and is great from not just both sides of the ice but both ends, I like Domi I really do, but I think I like him better on the lw in a more offensive situation, 2LW possibly?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00