Post-Game Talk: Stars Beat Dallas

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I sincerely hope we don’t pick anybody up and save our picks. We are back to draft shmaft…. Go all in what 6 years straight now. Just spinning our tires. William, Marner, kadri, Mathews, Rielly, all came through the draft. Man you’d think it was some top secret formula on how to obtain top players
They won't be picking that high it in the draft where you find those players.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They won't be picking that high it in the draft where you find those players.
So there are very good players even lower in the 1st round, Hyman went in the 5th round. If you aren’t in you can’t win, as the saying goes.

Already no 2nds, draft shmaft, that’s what this place is

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So there are very good players even lower in the 1st round, Hyman went in the 5th round. If you aren’t in you can’t win, as the saying goes.

Already no 2nds, draft shmaft, that’s what this place is
Yep the old GM loved to throw away his picks. I'd wait for it to happen before blaming the new guy for doing it, regardless they won't be picking any of those sure bet you listed earlier.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yep the old GM loved to throw away his picks. I'd wait for it to happen before blaming the new guy for doing it, regardless they won't be picking any of those sure bet you listed earlier.
How do you know, we probably pick around 16 this year and already no 2nd or 3rd and no 1st or 2nd next year. They’d all be crap anyway I guess. Lol

Edit to add: why would any team trade a player that could help us for a useless draft pick?

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
How do you know, we probably pick around 16 this year and already no 2nd or 3rd and no 1st or 2nd next year. They’d all be crap anyway I guess. Lol
History, shows it rarely happens. When have you ever heard of a guy going 16 guaranteed to be a top line player? They may become one but they aren't one heading into the draft.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
History, shows it rarely happens. When have you ever heard of a guy going 16 guaranteed to be a top line player? They may become one but they aren't one heading into the draft.
Well if that is correct, why would any team trade a useful player to us for our useless draft pick?

Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Wow. Nylander was 2nd in ice time for forwards SH last night.

I am not sure that is tge way to go
They're using him there more and more and he's been doing fine, and with Kampf and Jarnkrok both out, what are the choices? Last two games he's taken most of the faceoffs on the PK and won 6 of 8.

I know it's a small sample size, but of the six players with more than one SH faceoff this year, he has easily the best % (63.6 - nobody else over 50).

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Joe Sakic went 18th. Defenders often drop because they take longer to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad