Post-Game Talk: Stars Beat Dallas

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The no depth scoring imo is on Keefe and Treliving. The way this team is set up, depth players literally have no defined role. They are unimportant. Keefe plays Domi, Robertson, Gregor, McMann, ect 8 mins a night. What the hell can they do?

We need a 3rd line Center badly. They move Knies out of the top 6 and out Domi with Matthews and Marner.
Exactly we don’t have secondary scoring guys, so why expect it? We have the primary guys that theoretically would provide all the scoring we need, the rest are there to provide toughness. Sure we are trying to get it out of Guys like Robertson but as soon as he gets 15 or 20 he will be gone. We can’t afford secondary scoring on top of everything else.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
all stars week off really make jt like a new guy. Was the best player monday and again a other pretty solid game tonight

for people here saying his carreer was pratically done like 3 day ago...

I said it at the beginning of the year and got a few scoffs at the time - if you just pay attention, there's a pattern, Tavares does this every year. He starts off hot, has a couple of months in the middle where everyone is questioning whether or not he can still play (including the media) and then goes on a heater post all-star and ends up playing as one of our best forwards leading into the playoffs. I'd be surprised if it's not the same this season.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
@MisterT so this teams not making it you said?

LETS GO LEAFS
Wow, @Coffee. Call Olivia Chow's office and start planning the parade route after beating a Dallas team playing the second game of a road back-to-back.

That championship goaltending and defense was on full display.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The no depth scoring imo is on Keefe and Treliving. The way this team is set up, depth players literally have no defined role. They are unimportant. Keefe plays Domi, Robertson, Gregor, McMann, ect 8 mins a night. What the hell can they do?

We need a 3rd line Center badly. They move Knies out of the top 6 and out Domi with Matthews and Marner.
OMG yes. Though IMO it's Domi to 2C and JT to the wing.

I don't think "depth scoring" is an issue that is solved with "better/more offensive players in the bottom 6", it's solved with "better more defined and cohesive bottom 6". ~45 goals from the 3rd line, 25 from the 4th is all we need, as long as
-they can keep up that rate in the playoffs
-they don't need to be sheltered to do it
-they make up the majority of the pk
-if they don't score they're wearing the other team down and finishing in the other teams end more often than not.

A group that's delivering that will get their goals through playing well, and playing more, and that group can be made up of good cheap two-way players, not to mention the knock on effects of softening the top 6's usage, allowing us to come out rested guns blazing after successful pk's etc

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
The Gio penalty shot call wasn’t even in the highlights. Anyone got the clip I missed it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah I thought that was a weak call on Gio. In the playoffs that's not even a penalty. Should have been 2 mins at most last night and the ref gave them a goal to let them back in the game.
I thought it was the right call, they seem to call these things more frequently the past few years.

How did the player get so open? they never showed a good highlight.
Who was the other defenseman on the ice?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm afraid he'll be allowed to walk ala Schenn last summer !!! I truly hope he wants to stay and his ask is reasonable.
Why would the Leafs just let him walk? Makes no sense.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Why would the Leafs just let him walk? Makes no sense.
Did it make sense to let Schenn walk ??? If he asks too much, I think Brad might let him go elsewhere. We shall see in 4 months or so.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Schenn was a UFA so he could do whatever he liked.
UFA <> RFA
Also...how do we know that the Leafs just decided, no we don't want Schenn...They likely sat down and tried to iron something out, but look at the deal he got from Nashville - it wasn't in the Leafs budget and/or the Leafs maybe weren't comfortable with a 3 year deal. So many more variables than "just let him walk".

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
The concern trolling in the media when the core score goals is f***ing infuriating.

Literally what they must do to live up their contracts.
THIS 100%. They are a 1/3 of the forward lineup and are paid to be the scorers. That plus, like what other people mentioned, the support players getting maybe 10 minutes a game with no pp time. Bertuzzi really the only one to really gripe about as he gets top 6 minutes but then again no pp time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00