Post-Game Talk: Stars Beat Dallas

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah Ya'know what? Enough evidence. Sammy is not our guy. I had zero confidence in the lead at 5-3.

That crap won't fly in the playoffs.
It won't matter. Samsonov won't see the ice in the playoffs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ugly but it's a win. This D core stinks and the minutes usage from Keefe/Van Ryan isn't helping.
22 mins for Benoit speaks of bad coaching

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So much awful tonight, esp. considering Dallas was on the 2nd of a B2B and had a sub .900 backup in net, but good that the Leafs overcame their same old issues (sloppy play, bad clearing attempts, turnovers, no depth scoring, etc) & found a way to win. Showed some bite too.

This game though should not go anywhere towards convincing Treliving he has to go all-in this trade deadline, or even half-in. I hope.

Reactions: wingman75

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It's hard to overstate how important this was for this game. Wedgewood is a decent NHL backup, but he is not Oettinger-level by any stretch.- This was just good fortune for Toronto.
To be fair we have been on the wrong end of garbage goaltending. It was ugly but it’s a win in the end

Reactions: BallardEra

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If they make it and no guarantee they will
There is no realistic circumstance under which this team doesn't make the playoffs. They will finish top 3 in the division because Tampa and Detroit are just not good enough to win on a sustained basis (Tampa can't seem to win on the road much at all).

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Ugly but it's a win. This D core stinks and the minutes usage from Keefe/Van Ryan isn't helping.
22 mins for Benoit speaks of bad coaching
Same reason Holl was getting 20+ mins for the last 3 seasons for us. We don't have the personnel.

Trust me I don't like Keefe either but what's he supposed to do? Gio simply can't play more than 15 a night anymore and Lilly is what he is, a really good bottom pairing dman.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Great bounce back after the penalty shot, seems like they saw what was coming if they folded another game and got their act together.
Never put it past these guys to show up just enough to keep their best pal Keefer around.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
To be fair we have been on the wrong end of garbage goaltending. It was ugly but it’s a win in the end
Which is exactly why I predicted it would be an ugly win. They all count. I'm not sure the game against Ottawa will be a clinic either.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I guess as long as they can score 5 goals per game we have a chance to win.
Sure would be nice to have some real defence and goaltending
Stars have scored the third most goals in the league. I get your point but a little perspective tonight is needed. They didn’t need to do that against the jets in either game or Seattle

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Same reason Holl was getting 20+ mins for the last 3 seasons for us. We don't have the personnel.

Trust me I don't like Keefe either but what's he supposed to do? Gio simply can't play more than 15 a night anymore and Lilly is what he is, a really good bottom pairing dman.

gio should not be playing regularly anymore. bring up lagesson he was solid and serviceable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad