Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis Blues in the SENS Den, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
He got banged up against Toronto by Komarov. They hoped the week off would be enough but when he skated yesterday he decided he didn't feel ready.
Ah yes I forgot about that hit on the boards. I've been so out of sens land that I had forgot how dirty that was. Should have been a charging or boarding penalty.

Too bad for Page. Hopefully it's not a concussion

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I laughed and then cried...wtf is with the minimal pre-skate after this break?
They practiced yesterday , and pre-skated today... the issue is no practice on Tuesday.
The by week allows NHL teams 5 days without practice. The Sens had a 7 day break. the longest break on a by week in the NHL

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Ah yes I forgot about that hit on the boards. I've been so out of sens land that I had forgot how dirty that was. Should have been a charging or boarding penalty.

Yeah I don't think it is a head issue, at least it didn't seem to be by his reaction but obviously that's a pretty imperfect form of diagnosis lol. I think it's probably just bad bruising or something but that would be a pretty long time to be out if it's just aches and pains.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The way he went into the boards I would think more shoulder / ac joint

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
First minute wraparound goal by Tarasenko

Point shot goal from Pietrangelo on the PP from a two-many-men penalty

Mandatory 2nd period collapse

6-2 Blues

Have a look at where the Blues PP ranks this year. Toronto went 1 for 3 or something on our PP last game. What's that? Its a 5-3 for the Blues? Ok well guaranteed fail then.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Have a look at where the Blues PP ranks this year. Toronto went 1 for 3 or something on our PP last game. What's that? Its a 5-3 for the Blues? Ok well guaranteed fail then.
Our PK is a mess when Pageau plays
Imagine witout him...
Im not worried about youR PP as much as our PK

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Our 1st game back after the bye. Hoping we keep up the great work we've done thus far in 2018 vs. a very good Blues team. Should be a fun game.

Reactions: pzeeman

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
They practiced yesterday , and pre-skated today... the issue is no practice on Tuesday.
The by week allows NHL teams 5 days without practice. The Sens had a 7 day break. the longest break on a by week in the NHL

It may play into the so many scheduled days off thing in the CBA but the coach coming out and suggesting this will be a throw away game because they don't have legs had me confused....maybe come back a day or two earlier and squeeze in a practice or two, Tuesday would have made sense. Rest has not been a weapon for most of our old tired legs in fact it seems its more of deterrent.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That one practice last night after 7 days off should really have them well prepared for this one.

I thought it was interesting when they did it last year after their bye week, but it certainly didn't seem to hinder them at all. There was a lot of talk how teams were looking sluggish out of the bye week last year, but It looked like Ottawa was ready when they came out of their 5 day break vs a red hot Washington team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I thought it was interesting when they did it last year after their bye week, but it certainly didn't seem to hinder them at all. There was a lot of talk how teams were looking sluggish out of the bye week last year, but It looked like Ottawa was ready when they came out of their 5 day break vs a red hot Washington team.

But it's been 8 days since their last game, that's a very long gap. One practice the night before seems like a bad idea. They might have a lot of energy but I'm guessing the Blues will have their way in our zone all night. Plus, this isn't last year's team. We are mostly bad and lack of practice can't possibly make us any better.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Then finish in 10th and pick 11th and give that pick to Colorado. That would be the ultimate Sens way to go.
Yeah gotta love our boys! Just look at my avatar. Don't you just wanna give that guy a big hug?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Time for another great playoff push!
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad