All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
2 days to g0 :popcorn:

STL0118-CTC-SensEventImages-1200x500.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That would be fine by me, let them put to use what they learned in the NHL in the AHL.

They can come back once they've taken the next step or more injuries happen.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This might be the worst scheduling I've ever seen in sport. No idea how all of this was approved both by the NHL, and the team itself. Tons of much-too-long breaks, and then the largest number of back-to-backs in the league. How is this acceptable?

Maybe if they want decent attendance, they shouldn't go to the beach for 8 days in the dead of winter and then cram all the games together? I mean, they literally have another 4 days off coming up a week after our first game back from the bye week for crying out loud.

Pure incompetence.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
This might be the worst scheduling I've ever seen in sport. No idea how all of this was approved both by the NHL, and the team itself. Tons of much-too-long breaks, and then the largest number of back-to-backs in the league. How is this acceptable?

Maybe if they want decent attendance, they shouldn't go to the beach for 8 days in the dead of winter and then cram all the games together? I mean, they literally have another 4 days off coming up a week after our first game back from the bye week for crying out loud.

Pure incompetence.

This year their schedule alone could be argued to be mostly responsible for their poor season. Any elite athlete will tell you how important rhythm, timing, and repetitiveness are to being successful as a top level athlete....hard to pin any of those things down with any consistency when your schedule is such a mess.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Pure incompetence.

Each NHL team gives the NHL schedule maker a list of "available dates" that their arena is available for their franchise to host games. The schedule maker does the best he/she can to accommodate requests made by all teams, such as more or less home games at particular points in the season to avoid conflicts with other pro or college sports ............. but in the end, each team basically have to take what they're given.

The CBA has "mandated" breaks at Christmas, and this relatively new "Bye Week" that the NHLPA negotiated.

It's not like the Senators, or any other team, can decline what is ultimately given them, for their schedule ........... so it's not like the Senators "approved " their schedule, as you seem to believe, perhaps to just have one more thing to blame them for.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Pure incompetence.

Nothing to base it on but the flow/tempo of the season for this fan has been almost non existent, seems like its 3 games in 4 nights then off a week, repeat! With the clown show we have seen, wouldn't surprise me at all that the team wanted it this way and are very happy with it.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I wonder if Boro plays. Funny that he didn't go to Bville for conditioning .

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well say good bye to white and chlapik for a little bit. And they both looked good in that last game too

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Each NHL team gives the NHL schedule maker a list of "available dates" that their arena is available for their franchise to host games. The schedule maker does the best he/she can to accommodate requests made by all teams, such as more or less home games at particular points in the season to avoid conflicts with other pro or college sports ............. but in the end, each team basically have to take what they're given.

The CBA has "mandated" breaks at Christmas, and this relatively new "Bye Week" that the NHLPA negotiated.

It's not like the Senators, or any other team, can decline what is ultimately given them, for their schedule ........... so it's not like the Senators "approved " their schedule, as you seem to believe, perhaps to just have one more thing to blame them for.
Well these other teams have started playing before us. Which is odd. And we got like two weeks off for Sweden. I think there is some sort of approval from both sides

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well say good bye to white and chlapik for a little bit. And they both looked good in that last game too
Yup Sens are healthy at this point for tomorrow... Garrioch interviewed in the intermission of the Belleville game .. says he doesn't think its in the plan to call guys up until after the TDL... He wasn't sure if Chabot was here to stay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->