Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis Blues in the SENS Den, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is like night and day watching both the Knights and the Sens.

The Knights are always competitive even when they are losing. They fight hard to win puck battles, they forecheck like crazy and they never give up.

The Sens on the other hand. Well i don't know what the f*** they are doing anymore. It is like nobody gives a shit anymore and this includes the captain.

We need to clean house. New gm, new owner, new coach. Sadly, only two of these have a chance at happening.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It is like night and day watching both the Knights and the Sens.

The Knights are always competitive even when they are losing. They fight hard to win puck battles, they forecheck like crazy and they never give up.

The Sens on the other hand. Well i don't know what the **** they are doing anymore. It is like nobody gives a **** anymore and this includes the captain.

We need to clean house. New gm, new owner, new coach. Sadly, only two of these have a chance at happening.

Knights work hard, they’re younger than us and faster than us. They’re also getting good goaltending.

Funny how McPhee was considered such a bad GM, but now everyone thinks he’s the bees knees. Gallant doing a great job.

Great story.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They'd agree if there was no RFA period.

One of the main reasons UFAs make so much money is that players remain underpaid in their prime years.

You want shorter contracts? Then stop underpaying us when we are at our best.

Then the dominos start to fall and BAM, lockout.

If there was no RFA period, chances are we'd have a 10-14 team league. It's not necessarily a case of players being underpaid, but a handful or super rich teams that can obliterate the market if there are no controls.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Coaching was a joke yesterday
Too many men
5vs5 with Empty net
No forecheck
Turtling back to get hemmed in the Dzone

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You can't claim the coaching sucks and then want the rookies to be leaned on more heavily by said coach. Let them get a taste and learn the NHL game, and not be relied on to play heavy minutes on a sinking ship in a system that will very likely be gone next year.

This team is managing two different beasts right now, properly developing the blue chip rookies we have, while sheltering them from the **** show of a team we're seeing right now. A few more losses and Dorion will be able to argue a lost season to EM, and change will come.
He does suck but if his mandate is to win games why not do the most simplest thing and change how you run things on the ice? He isn't a good coach but I doubt he's an idiot.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Knights work hard, they’re younger than us and faster than us. They’re also getting good goaltending.

Funny how McPhee was considered such a bad GM, but now everyone thinks he’s the bees knees. Gallant doing a great job.

Great story.
Well that’s it. Faster. Also they send more than 1/2 a forechecker in.

Reactions: Alex1234

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The moment I heard Oduya was back in the lineup skating was when Chabot would get bounced from the top pairing.

What has Oduya done to earn such minutes other than breathing longer than Chabot? If Boucher is still around next year I doubt any free agents would want to come here to play under this guy

Results oriented league led by a sports psychology major whose in love with history.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Coaching was a joke yesterday
No forecheck

They were quite aggressive on the forecheck most of the night and have been for the past couple of weeks . A part of the problem is that it becomes hard to establish a forecheck when your constantly getting outworked in your own zone and and have to change once you gain the red line.

He is inching closer towards "idiot" each and every day.

Let me guess, day off today? Need to focus on our game tomorrow night.

Is he an idiot compared to you and I or to other coaches?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why would you schedule a day off immediately after the mandated off week? Seems like a pretty odd decision either way, hard to get your rhythm with these extended breaks.

From what I've heard, the Coaching staff and the Team Leaders meet at the begining of each month and decide, together, when the NHL mandated "days off " will be ...... but still keeping the "subject to change" provision in mind as the Coach does have the final say ......... so I suspect seeing how they had accumulated 7 out of the previous 10 points in their previous 5 games leading into the break, Boucher left the scheduled "days off" were he and the team leaders agreed on.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Boucher unlocking karlssons and chabots potential

OTTAWA SENATORS LINES FOR last night's game
EVEN STRENGTH
FORWARDS

DEFENCE

POWER PLAY
FORWARDS

DEFENCE

#154.5%KARLSSON,ERIK
#227.3%KARLSSON,ERIK - PHANEUF,DION
#318.2%CHABOT,THOMAS - PHANEUF,DION
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The way this team loses is pathetic. There is just no push back. They just accept it. No emotion or leadership

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The way this team loses is pathetic. There is just no push back. They just accept it. No emotion or leadership
They work for crazy people. I think that has something to do with it. They see all the dumb trades and self inflicted wounds over the years.
Probably feels like quicksand. Although....still not a good excuse if any truth.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They defend until the last five minutes of the third lol. If anything I think they’ve bought into the system TOO much. Lol.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

s7Dr0rN.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad