Confirmed with Link: St. Louis Blues claim Penguins forward Kasperi Kapanen off of waivers

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
How was he in the last few games for you guys?
The points have dried up a bit since Vrana came over and he's drifted really close to the "invisible" side of the spectrum. But I'm not sure that's entirely a bad thing. He's been on the line with Vrana and Buchnevich and they've been our best line of late. KK seems to be the "defensive winger" or "grunt work" guy in the group and he's -1 with 1 assist. However, given that we've allowed 23 goals in our last 5 games(17 in our last 4), that really isn't that bad. I would like to see him produce a bit more, but he's not even close to being our worst forward. Definitely an upgrade on Logan Brown or Josh Leivo.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The points have dried up a bit since Vrana came over and he's drifted really close to the "invisible" side of the spectrum. But I'm not sure that's entirely a bad thing. He's been on the line with Vrana and Buchnevich and they've been our best line of late. KK seems to be the "defensive winger" or "grunt work" guy in the group and he's -1 with 1 assist. However, given that we've allowed 23 goals in our last 5 games(17 in our last 4), that really isn't that bad. I would like to see him produce a bit more, but he's not even close to being our worst forward. Definitely an upgrade on Logan Brown or Josh Leivo.
To be fair, you or I would be upgrade over Logan brown or Josh leivo.

Reactions: southsider

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Got a goal tonight. Has definite skill. I think he is still adjusting to our system and linemates. I also heard they are trying to get him to skate more inside and made plays there.

I'm optimistic. Good player.
he seemed to like to pull up using a sharp turn to the right..... when played on the left side it would put him towards the boards. if he's on the off wing it puts him in the middle of the ice, giving him a much more dangerous shot. is that still the case?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
he seemed to like to pull up using a sharp turn to the right..... when played on the left side it would put him towards the boards. if he's on the off wing it puts him in the middle of the ice, giving him a much more dangerous shot. is that still the case?
Yes, Kappy in the middle has shown to be better than Kappy on the perimeter.

It's an holistic thing, though. Our defensive strategy has changed a little and that his helping Kapanen.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I think it's a lot simpler than that.
KK is better when he's the shooter on his line.
Let him rip, and he'll produce.
Put him in a defensive or set-up role and the numbers will suffer.

Reactions: BlueOil

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
He’s got skill and speed, but he still seems slightly off. It may be our system.

I’m rooting for him on every shift. I love second chance success stories. Love to see him get at least a point per game from here on out.

Reactions: Mike Liut

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
he kind of looks like phil kessel from some angles, so i think he needs hot dogs
I was just wondering if I was clueless about hockey and met Kessel at a bar and he mentions that he is a NHL star, would I believe him? LOL

Probably not.

Kappy can’t be like Phull Vessel.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueOil

smakki

Oct 8, 2021
Surprisingly positive player so far. Like, he has all the qualities to be top 6 in any team but some reason (work ethic?) has always been lacking. Maybe St.Louis is what he needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad