SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone catch what Karki did to earn the unsportsmanlike? Lol, less than a week ago he earned the teams most gentlemanly player award!
nothing worse than the other rat, gazizov playing the violin not once, not twice, but 3 times the other night. we were lucky tonight. i fear if gillespie was in net, we don't win that game.

that was a terrible head shot. i don't know how it wasn't even looked at. the reffing in this league has taken a nose dive. and our linesmen are still the worst in the league. they miss so many calls it's crazy. for both sides lol

Reactions: 93MemCup and HF92

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I thought that was a great atmosphere to kick off the playoffs. Not an ideal game for the Hounds but nice to overcome adversity and grab the first game.

I think we should all chip in to get linesman Miller a pair of glasses so he can see the blue line.

BMB seemed to be very engaged and it was a pleasure to watch. I liked the the hustle and intensity he displayed.

Any thoughts on how long Beck will be out, and will we see a suspension for Namestnikov?

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Probably deserved a blindeside hit penalty in game, but principal contact was to shoulder. 1 game max (pun intended) but wouldn't be surprised to see no suspension.

This is coming from a Rangers fan who just saw Max injure one of our players. At least Beck had touched the puck.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Probably deserved a blindeside hit penalty in game, but principal contact was to shoulder. 1 game max (pun intended) but wouldn't be surprised to see no suspension.

This is coming from a Rangers fan who just saw Max injure one of our players. At least Beck had touched the puck.
IMG_5431.jpeg

Should have been 48.4 in the rule book.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
What surprised me about the hit on Beck was the unwillingness to even review it. All season long we have seen that type of play called a major so that they could at least review it and then reassess the play on video after.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
They also did not review the crosscheck to the Guelph kids face that the broadcast showed then probably wished thet didnt
Yep they were consistent thats for sure. The "Guelph kid" was also the player that delivered the hit on Beck. If they call the first one that never happens. Not saying it was ok to do, but when you don't control the game you kind of open the flood gates to more bad plays.

Reactions: 93MemCup

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
the hit on beck is no better than the one Boulton sat 10 games for... your move OHL.
Same player put Ranger rookie Dman Reid out of commission. Same type of blindside hit. No call. Swick threw a couple of punches on the offender got five games. No replay shown until someone found one a few days later. One would think the league would see a pattern.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Same player put Ranger rookie Dman Reid out of commission. Same type of blindside hit. No call. Swick threw a couple of punches on the offender got five games. No replay shown until someone found one a few days later. One would think the league would see a pattern.
the only consistency is inconsistency.
good on Farwell for being so vocal lately on his podcast. he's been spot on!

Gotta love this league lol

agreed. only in the OHL will words on a group chat get you a tougher suspension than trying to take someone's head off.

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
That hit on Beck was insane and should be reviewed but I do question what the league can do they deemed his "blindside" hit on Reid was clean so I'm not sure it's fair to use that as a repeat offender in review. Plus we learned in Kitchener when the London player punched and unwilling Misaljevic multiple times the call on ice does matter and because of roughing call on the ice by the ref the league didn't give a suspension just ten days before the Swick incident. So I guess long story short I doubt the league can do very much without looking even more ridiculous, and a word of advice don't try and fight him or you might end up with your own Swick. Good luck moving forward and knock Guelph out!

Reactions: HF92

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
This hit and any other similar hit I find it hard to classify it a " blind side " hit when the blow was to the front of the player. Carry on.

fair enough. blindside might not be the best adjective. but in its place you could say "a late hit to the head of a vulnerable player".

So I guess long story short I doubt the league can do very much without looking even more ridiculous

that sounds like a challenge...lol

theres very little that the ohl could do to surprise me at this point. they are constantly moving the goalposts on supplementary discipline and don't seem to understand how it undermines their credibility.

george parros and the nhl are even worse!

Reactions: KRangersRookie

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
That’s great to see. I wonder how Cairns feels now after he was so emphatic with Dean why the hit didn’t deserve a penalty.
Anyone hear how Beck is doing?

And does anyone know what Karki said on the bench after he scored to get the USC call so quickly?

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
That’s great to see. I wonder how Cairns feels now after he was so emphatic with Dean why the hit didn’t deserve a penalty.
Anyone hear how Beck is doing?

And does anyone know what Karki said on the bench after he scored to get the USC call so quickly?
Pretty tight lipped. Hopefully Beck makes it back at some point this series but it seems unlikely with there being no information. I too am curious about Karki.

Need a good start tonight to gain momentum early.

Reactions: staubitz

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone notice this in Ruiccis article?

Notes:
Veteran Julian Fantino served a one-game, league-imposed suspension on Thursday.

The league penalized the winger for abuse of an official, which resulted in a 10-minute misconduct in last Sunday’s season-ending 9-2 loss to Saginaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad