GDT: Spidey's On Fire! Panthers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The next THREE games are need to wins. The Metro is so tight right now so if we can get 6 points this week from should win games, we will be alittle more comfortable in the standings
I’m still scarred from the past few seasons to say that’s any games are must/need wins, but I tentatively feel that we should handle the next three and hope for a split with Columbus.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Yup.

Think he’s been there since the mid 00’s. I thought it was Dave Strader before tbat.
If I remember correctly it was the 06/07 season. I used to tape all those mid 2000s games and I remember the Panthers changing their PBP guy the 2nd year after the lockout.

edit: it seems even Panthers fans can't stand him and would rather listen to our broadcast.

Last edited:

HischieR13

Mar 16, 2009
Strong Island
I know this is off topic but I am going to the game tonight and I had a few questions, Can they make jerseys in the den still? will it be ready that night or does it need to be shipped?

also, are there major differences between the reebok fanatics jerseys and the Authentic?(pics would be great) They have a cyber Monday sale going on nhl.com so I thought now is the time to pull the trigger if any.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
This needs to be a win. No exceptions, no excuses.

A loss tonight will be very disappointing.
I feel like that too but at the same time it's a tough thing to say in pro sports. They can still beat any team in the league on any night if they get some saves and the Barkov/Huberdeau line does its thing.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Figured I'd hit ya'lls GDT for a quicker response:

Is there a spot in the building with TVs that may show other games? Keep getting free tickets to Devils games through my girlfriend's work and I never turn down live hockey, but agreed to go to this one before I realized it was Flyers/Penguins night. Trying to watch a small slice of my terrible Flyers game tonight if possible.

Don't worry, you guys are 2-0 already this season with me in the building. Just trying to sneak off to see some Pennsylvania hate.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I'm worried about tonights game, we havent had a clunker in a while and with an opponent like Florida who knows how pumped up we are to play them, we'll see.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm worried about tonights game, we havent had a clunker in a while and with an opponent like Florida who knows how pumped up we are to play them, we'll see.

I'm more worried cause of that whole seven games in twelve nights thing, and pretty much every game they've gone to the wall...at some point you'd figure it catches up to them, but hopefully they can scratch out tonight's game and get some rest after.

If they lose I don't think it'll be cause of taking them lightly though, they just went to the wall to beat Florida a couple weeks ago in a game they really got dominated in stretches :P

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I would classify the Winnipieg game as a "clunker"
Even if it was just a 3 minute stretch of a breakdown

yeah that was a bad game , but they were also playing well at the time and we were out in western Canada where we have some lame games
At home tonight against the Panthers, my Spidy Sense is giving me bad vibes !

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Has there been a time where HFboards members here meet up at a game?

A lot of us old-time members on this board did. Both at/before games and occasional non-Devils related stuff. For example, if I remember correctly, a bunch of us met at a bar in Hawthorne/Hackensack a long while back...like 2009ish. There was another one where probably two dozen or so members pre-gamed at Hells.

The down years for this team really brought up division on the boards and thinned out a lot of that crew (likely along with age and family responsibilities that come with it).

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I'm more worried cause of that whole seven games in twelve nights thing, and pretty much every game they've gone to the wall...at some point you'd figure it catches up to them, but hopefully they can scratch out tonight's game and get some rest after.

If they lose I don't think it'll be cause of taking them lightly though, they just went to the wall to beat Florida a couple weeks ago in a game they really got dominated in stretches :P

I forgot we even played Florida already !
you might be right about wearing down with so many games lately, and many going extra innings, we did look a little gassed in the third period in Detroit the other night.
Maybe there's plenty of Red Bull in the dressing room tonight !

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If I can stay awake long enough I'm going to watch this game from a heated pool with a Pina colada. Problem is I'm already in 5 deep.

Reactions: Tretyak 20 and JK3

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I know this is off topic but I am going to the game tonight and I had a few questions, Can they make jerseys in the den still? will it be ready that night or does it need to be shipped?

also, are there major differences between the reebok fanatics jerseys and the Authentic?(pics would be great) They have a cyber Monday sale going on nhl.com so I thought now is the time to pull the trigger if any.

Pretty sure they still customize jerseys within the same night. Just put the order in early as possible and it should be ready by the 3rd period, or at least by end of the game I would think. Just ask them before putting in the order.

The differences between reebok replica vs. authentic in part depends on which authentic we're talking about. The 2.0 is what the players used to wear. Some of the differences that come to mind are: front crest is thicker and embroidered to the sweater, not the thinner heat pressed logo on the replicas, also the sizing tag on the lower front hem is not present, the elbows have some sort of reinforcenent sewn in, there's a fight strap in the back, the shoulder section looks a little longer to me but that might be a difference in fit, and finally the main sweater material and other materials throughout are a bit heavier and higher quality than the replicas. The breathing perforations throughout are different as well, hard to describe.

If you haven't already, try the jersey discussion thread for better info on the reeboks or the Prudential thread stickied up top to ask about the Den.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
giphy.gif

HAHAHHAAHAH, this gif is fking awesome!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If I remember correctly it was the 06/07 season. I used to tape all those mid 2000s games and I remember the Panthers changing their PBP guy the 2nd year after the lockout.

edit: it seems even Panthers fans can't stand him and would rather listen to our broadcast.
Some seem to like him and others don’t.

He’s so annoying and his hometown during goal calls is weird. Guy sounds sexually turned on when calling goals. He’s also a raging homer on twitter. He pretends it’s a good team they got down there and how great ownership is and how things are improving.

It’s like pipe you f***in tool.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His voice is almost as annoying as cangi
I think he’s worse than that.

Not to mention that he has corny sayings, especially during OT goals. I remember Dadonov scoring against us in OT and he went “Ohhh!!! WHO’S YOUR DADDY?”

And one really dumb one was when David Booth scored to tie the game against us years ago and he screamed “The Booth the Booth the Booth is on fire!”. I was like “Dude, he tied a regular season game early in the season. That wasn’t a cup clinching or even a playoff berth clinching goal. f*** off you stupid f***in homer!”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad