Spezza, L. Karlsson traded to DAL for Chiasson, Part II: Cue the next whipping boy.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Does Chiasson play both wings or does he operate exclusively on the right side? If not, we have some interesting depth at the RW developing...

Bobby Ryan (assuming he re-signs)
Mark Stone (big year for Stoner to prove himself)
Curtis Lazar (I read somewhere they prefer him on the wing)
Alex Chiasson
Chris Neil
Erik Condra
Cole Schneider
Buddy Robinson

After seeing this, I almost wish they'd develop Lazar as a center, to spread out the depth a little bit. In 3 years, we could be running with a lineup similar to this:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone
Puempel - Lazar - Chiasson
Prince/McCormick - Pageau - Robinson/Schneider

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wikstrand - Claesson
Boro

Lehner
Dreiger

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Probably Phillips, especially if he gets the C. Then Michalek, then Cowen, then Anderson, then Lehner, then Ryan, then Chaisson, then Karlsson.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Oops, read that fast and thought you were talking about next cap. Just saw Michalek though.....

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Does Chiasson play both wings or does he operate exclusively on the right side? If not, we have some interesting depth at the RW developing...

Alex Chiasson
Chris Neil
Erik Condra
Cole Schneider
Buddy Robinson

After seeing this, I almost wish they'd develop Lazar as a center, to spread out the depth a little bit. In 3 years, we could be running with a lineup similar to this:

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wikstrand - Claesson
Boro

Lehner
Dreiger

Lazar is a center. They want him to play wing to get used to NHL hockey and then slot him to center like he should be.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Ran into a sports analyst from one of the major stations who I guess was relaxing in Ottawa after a day of covering Spezza Watch 2014.

He had a few but he insisted the Sens were better off without Spezza. Called him a "career loser" who has never won anything in his life and its because of the way he plays.

I'd be cool with wishing him the best, but I'm really angry that he vetoed a trade to Nashville so he could get himself to Dallas.

**** Jason Spezza.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ran into a sports analyst from one of the major stations who I guess was relaxing in Ottawa after a day of covering Spezza Watch 2014.

He had a few but he insisted the Sens were better off without Spezza. Called him a "career loser" who has never won anything in his life and its because of the way he plays.

I'd be cool with wishing him the best, but I'm really angry that he vetoed a trade to Nashville so he could get himself to Dallas.

**** Jason Spezza.

That's a smart, smart man.

Agreed on all accounts. Ya, Spezza has his rights yadee yadee ya but man would that Nashville deal look amazing right about now.

I'm still pretty happy we got anything for Spezza, tbh. I was just hoping Murray manipulated the market to get a total steal.

Spezza will never be a winner, even though I think he'll play his *** off next year for his new contract and to show everyone he's still good. Lol, good riddance.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's not necessarily illogical for a fan base or for a decision-maker to identify whipping boys. By definition, they stick out because they seem to have a bigger share of the responsibility for a team's losing ways. It's just good diagnostic skills to want to get rid of that big share first.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Alex Chiasson
Chris Neil
Erik Condra
Cole Schneider
Buddy Robinson

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wikstrand - Claesson
Boro

Lehner
Dreiger

I think this is kind of the interesting aside of the trade. The right side is crowded. Schneider however is more of a LW. Lazar is certainly a natural C. The added RW depth and vacant center position definitely leads me to think that they see Lazar as a C on this team in the very near future if no other significant moves are made.

I'm not ready to saddle up on Chiasson though. The awkward silence on his part may indicate that he may be involved in another trade if Murray's words are sincere.

There could definitely be an interesting battle between Pageau and Lazar in camp for that last (or third line?) center spot. I wish Da Costa was there too. This could have been his big chance. What a waste.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
feel for you guys on this trade, VAN got jipped for Kesler probably worse but he only had 1 team on his list.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you lose and ultimately end up bottoming out with. Look at Boston with Joe Thornton. Atleast you guys have decent youth with Turris/Karlsson/Zbad/Lazar, definitley some building blocks there. Are you guys rooting for Spezza? Most Canucks fans want Kes to suffer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wonder who the player we are getting is. I don't think we can count ROR out. Methot + a prospect.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Does Chiasson have a twatter or something? He doesnt seem to exist on social media. How do people know he hasnt said anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad