Soo Greyhounds 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I find this post odd because
A) Williams usually his best down low. Probably most athletic goalie in league laterally. His strength is lower given his smaller frame. Your best bet is to beat him up high, shorter goalie
B) Williams is the reason Erie is where they are this year. The teams MVP. So-so doesn't get you 52 wins. When he's on his game he's as good as the rest of them in the league and top goalie

Also before you get all jumpy that he's hurt and won't play, I believe his head hit goalpost as said by Erie media and Knoblauch. He's fine

If you want something to discuss how about the fact that both first games your anthem singers totally botched the Canadian anthem!!! That young woman the first night was.....pardon the expression.....TERRIBLE!! I'm sure had WE done as sh***y a job on the American anthem there would have been dozens of posts on it. :sarcasm: Have a great night and enjoy the game everyone. GO HOUNDS!

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
If you want something to discuss how about the fact that both first games your anthem singers totally botched the Canadian anthem!!! That young woman the first night was.....pardon the expression.....TERRIBLE!! I'm sure had WE done as sh***y a job on the American anthem there would have been dozens of posts on it. :sarcasm: Have a great night and enjoy the game everyone. GO HOUNDS!

Actually I for one don't care. This is junior hockey and volunteer anthem singers. Not my problem to worry about

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Well, that'll likely be that. Don't really expect to come back. Nothing but happy about how this season went, especially down the stretch. A team that everyone had written off upset Sarnia, and played neck and neck with a very strong Otters team for a while. Most of our roster should be back, obviously excluding overaged players, and Halverson. Could be a scary team. Future is bright in the Soo.

I think what we saw tonight was expected. Erie knew they had to win, and came out strong and got it done. Will be watching on Friday, should be a good game.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Well, that'll likely be that. Don't really expect to come back. Nothing but happy about how this season went, especially down the stretch. A team that everyone had written off upset Sarnia, and played neck and neck with a very strong Otters team for a while. Most of our roster should be back, obviously excluding overaged players, and Halverson. Could be a scary team. Future is bright in the Soo.

I think what we saw tonight was expected. Erie knew they had to win, and came out strong and got it done. Will be watching on Friday, should be a good game.

Your right, this playoff experience will only help this young team. As much as im disspaointed that it is unlikely that we come back from this deficit, im excited for the future of this club.

Nice to see some of the draftees at the game tonight, especially Barrett. Looking fprward to watching him play next year in a hounds jersey.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Your right, this playoff experience will only help this young team. As much as im disspaointed that it is unlikely that we come back from this deficit, im excited for the future of this club.

Nice to see some of the draftees at the game tonight, especially Barrett. Looking fprward to watching him play next year in a hounds jersey.

Do we have a development camp this year? I know last year it didn't happen because of the playoffs. Wouldn't mind getting out to see some of these players.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Let's hope they have another upset game (or more) in them! I'd love to see them force a Game 6...and so on!!! :handclap: GO HOUNDS

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
So tired of watching syn not pass I guess won't change now. Gave up 1st goal.

Quite honestly even though he had 45 goals this year he was an a**hole on the ice. Never tried at all...or rather only turned it on if he had a partial break on a Dman. Terrible leadership on the ice with body language just like Cam Newton. Wayyy to much talent to play that poorly most nights! I hope someone with the Bruins gives him a reality check at their training camp this fall!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Thank you for all your hard work to Tyler Hore and Gabe Guertler our graduating OA's! Guertler is a particular favourite of mine!

Many thanks to Brandon Halverson on a great playoff run.....we're not even getting to the 2nd round without his fantastic play!! Cheers to you and best of luck, we hope you'll look back on your time here fondly! :handclap:

Mayday3*

Quite honestly even though he had 45 goals this year he was an a**hole on the ice. Never tried at all...or rather only turned it on if he had a partial break on a Dman. Terrible leadership on the ice with body language just like Cam Newton. Wayyy to much talent to play that poorly most nights! I hope someone with the Bruins gives him a reality check at their training camp this fall!

If you're trying to negatively compare someone, don't use the best active player in that sport.......

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
If you're trying to negatively compare someone, don't use the best active player in that sport.......

Cam newton is not the best active player in football. Most athletic? Maybe. But 'best' is a stretch..

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
As an Otter fan I have to say that your team played very well. They were true sportsmen. It was, by far, the cleanest series I have ever seen by 2 teams. Halverson was a big factor in your success, and after the game you could see that the Otters players were mightily impressed. Every player gave him hugs, high fives, and extra time. He was a trooper. Congratulations to your team. You have a lot to look forward to next season.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Good series to the Soo. Fast team with young skill and a great goalie. Halverson made big saves all series. Just a bit too young right now but will surely be back and better next year assuming they figure out the net situation after Halverson leaves.
Also as buzzed mentioned in Erie thread, there was a big mutual respect between the two teams. I think Erie gave their props to your young squad and especially Halverson. Each player gave an extra tap on the pads to Halverson for his game play not just this series but in his career. Strome, Betz, Dermott had a longer chat in the handshake line.. Especially Strome. was awesome to see that between Strome and Halverson, two stars in the league having that moment after a long battled series. And then the crowd roared when Williams came up to Halverson with a smile and shrug almost as if to say "it was quite the battle" and then they embraced and had a small chat. Great to see that class at the end of the day between 2 teams. Certainly a level of respect.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Doesnt suprise me to see these 2 teams show so much class and respect towards each other. Especially since they have been playing each other in the playoffs for maybe 3 years in a row.

Hounds fought hard against a very good Otters team. In the end, Erie was just too much to handle. The Soo gained alot of playoff experience playing 12 games. Most of these players should be returning next season with the exception of Tyler, Gabe and Brandon. Best of luck to these 3 young men. And looking forward to how the roster shapes up for next season.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Doesnt suprise me to see these 2 teams show so much class and respect towards each other. Especially since they have been playing each other in the playoffs for maybe 3 years in a row.

Hounds fought hard against a very good Otters team. In the end, Erie was just too much to handle. The Soo gained alot of playoff experience playing 12 games. Most of these players should be returning next season with the exception of Tyler, Gabe and Brandon. Best of luck to these 3 young men. And looking forward to how the roster shapes up for next season.
Katchouk is a monster. Verbeek showed amazing speed and grit for a smaller guy yet missed the last few games of the series, and Kopacka and Gettinger were also noticeable. SSM is my darkhorse team next season. Tons of speed and skill and now have this experience from this season. I wonder if Raaymakers becomes something?

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
They were true sportsmen. It was, by far, the cleanest series I have ever seen by 2 teams.

There were only 3 teams with under 700 PiM in the regular season....Erie at 655, Ottawa at 638 and the Hounds at 605. The league average was almost 800. Well done!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Katchouk is a monster. Verbeek showed amazing speed and grit for a smaller guy yet missed the last few games of the series, and Kopacka and Gettinger were also noticeable. SSM is my darkhorse team next season. Tons of speed and skill and now have this experience from this season. I wonder if Raaymakers becomes something?

Thanks i do think we'll have a good team but the entire defense needs to be addressed first of course.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
As hockey fans, we have heard too many times that in key games or playoff series a team's best players have to be their best players.
I would like to think that this was TRUE for Erie but NOT for our Hounds. Just take a look at the score sheet from Game 5. The big guns for Erie were Strome, T. Ryaadyish and DeBrincat - incidentally, their top line.
In the whole series for the Hounds, Senyshyn and Guertler combined had one assist. This cannot be accepted in such a crucial playoff series.
It is also hard to take when we have a 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 and we CANOT muster a shot on goal. We need to find a quarterback for our power play moving forward!
Instead, if everyone performed like Halverson, Katchouk, Verbeek and McIntyre the series could have been prolonged.
Nonetheless, we as a team , gained valuable playoff experience and both teams played a " clean " series and had respect for each other.
Moving forward, I would automatically have McIntyre as one OA and look for possibly 2 quality OA defensemen for next year.
Thanks for the season and all the best for a great season next year - Go Hounds Go!!!

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Moving forward, I would automatically have McIntyre as one OA and look for possibly 2 quality OA defensemen for next year.

It appears that Bobby McIntryre and Medric Mercier are the only 2 eligible players to return as overagers next year. It will interesting to see what these 2 players plan to do next year and if they are invited back as OA's. A trade could also be a possibilty depending who is available and if the Hounds want to go with 3 OA's to start the season.

The defense looks like they can return 7 of the 8 players from this years roster, minus Tyler Hore.

White (2013 - 2nd round)
Bouramman (2014 import draft)
Hallowell (2014 - 12th round)
Timmins (2014 - 4th round)
DeMeo (2015 - 3rd round)
Calvas 2015 - 14th round)
Mercier (overage)

And here are just some names of defensemen drafted by the Hounds that will be given a chance to compete with the above names.

Corson Green (2015 - 5th round)
Isaiah Payne (2015 - 11th round)
Holden Wale (2016 - 4th round)
Peter Muzyka (2016 - 4th round)

An overage defenseman would really compliment this group next year. Unfortunately, that would most likely mean a trade of one of those 7 that are predicted to be penciled in as our defense for next year. Really looking forward to how this off season shapes up regarding our roster.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
It appears that Bobby McIntryre and Medric Mercier are the only 2 eligible players to return as overagers next year. It will interesting to see what these 2 players plan to do next year and if they are invited back as OA's. A trade could also be a possibilty depending who is available and if the Hounds want to go with 3 OA's to start the season.

The defense looks like they can return 7 of the 8 players from this years roster, minus Tyler Hore.

White (2013 - 2nd round)
DeMeo (2015 - 3rd round)
Mercier (overage)

And here are just some names of defensemen drafted by the Hounds that will be given a chance to compete with the above names.

An overage defenseman would really compliment this group next year. Unfortunately, that would most likely mean a trade of one of those 7 that are predicted to be penciled in as our defense for next year. Really looking forward to how this off season shapes up regarding our roster.[/QUOTE=

I know it's still fresh so i'm sure a summer in between would help, but these 2 i wouldn't want to invite back. Unless there is absolutely no one better as an OA candidate Defense in the league, which would be a bad sign for this coming team. :(

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Seeing as we also should have....unless we traded it away of course...a decent high import choice coming up this year maybe we can find a true impact player there instead of or replacing Bouramann/Tokarov?

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM

White (2013 - 2nd round)
DeMeo (2015 - 3rd round)
Mercier (overage)

An overage defenseman would really compliment this group next year. Unfortunately, that would most likely mean a trade of one of those 7 that are predicted to be penciled in as our defense for next year. Really looking forward to how this off season shapes up regarding our roster.

You're missing a few people. Ryan Da Silva is D also, and hes big, and personally I thought he should have been on THIS years team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=268702

I cannot see Mercier returning, I see SSM trading him.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Seeing as we also should have....unless we traded it away of course...a decent high import choice coming up this year maybe we can find a true impact player there instead of or replacing Bouramann/Tokarov?

If Goose is returned, then Tokarov is odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille