Soo Greyhounds 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hell of a game. People on the Erie board talking about some inconsistency in the Otters play. I'm fairly confident in saying the Hounds' aggressiveness especially on the fore check at times really contributes to that. Tonight was different than game 1 and 2 to me, the Hounds played really well and continued to push when they could have just got it to overtime. Color me impressed. Wednesday's huge though, if they come out like that I have no doubt we can make this a series. It will be interesting to see an update on Williams, possibly groin?

Also, for all the crap they get, the refs were pretty good tonight. Thought it was decent both ways.

gotodnet

Dec 12, 2014
Nice win for sure. Nice to see Guertler through down for a nice spark to the team. Don't know why he got a 10 extra ten, but like the aggressiveness. Mac, big time tonight !!! Great Jam.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Wow what a game! Hounds came out and worked their butts off and it showed. Much better effort than game 2, we generated alot of scoring chances, we could have had a couple more goals. Im loving Macintyre, kid has alot of skill and speed, good to see him get the winning goal. I also loved the intensity as well, kudos to Guertler for shaking things up, didnt think he deserved an extra 2 and a 10 though.

And kudos to the crowd being loud and vocal, even though it was less than 4,000. Lets do it again on wednsday and square this series up!

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Thought bannister did a very good job of working his bench tonight, especially with verbeek out and guertler off for 17 minutes in the third. He showed he had confidence playing Pucci in the third which was a very gutsy move that paid off.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Thought bannister did a very good job of working his bench tonight, especially with verbeek out and guertler off for 17 minutes in the third. He showed he had confidence playing Pucci in the third which was a very gutsy move that paid off.

Bannister has really impressed through this playoff run in my opinion. I'll admit I wasn't his biggest fan earlier on. But like the team, he appears to have settled - and dialed in for the playoffs. More nights than not they're ready to go. They play hard, aren't afraid to go into the corners and actually WIN puck battles. Nothing against this roster, but on paper Erie is probably a far better team than us. Watching the series you probably couldn't tell a lot of the time. I am one of the people that still believe Keefe got outcoached against Erie last year. I don't know that I've seen that in either series. Future is bright in the Soo, it's nice to have a consistently competitive team again.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Bannister has really impressed through this playoff run in my opinion. I'll admit I wasn't his biggest fan earlier on. But like the team, he appears to have settled - and dialed in for the playoffs. More nights than not they're ready to go. They play hard, aren't afraid to go into the corners and actually WIN puck battles. Nothing against this roster, but on paper Erie is probably a far better team than us. Watching the series you probably couldn't tell a lot of the time. I am one of the people that still believe Keefe got outcoached against Erie last year. I don't know that I've seen that in either series. Future is bright in the Soo, it's nice to have a consistently competitive team again.

With the team we had he most certainly did. I'm so pleased with this group of kids playing their hearts out....nothing against Speers but i want to make Katochuk the captain..NOW! LOL If the returning players and incoming ones follow his desire and heart we truly have something special for the next couple of seasons.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Any word on Williams....looked like a groin pull or hamstring the way he stretched out on the last goal.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
William is ok he did not look bad at all sort but I just think he just made it look like he got hurt just look at the replay

A couple people on twitter said it looked like he hit his head on the goalpost.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I've been very impressed with the Hounds so far. Sure, on paper, Erie is the superior team. But the games are won on the ice. If Halverson continues his steady play, an upset is possible. I still believe it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I've been very impressed with the Hounds so far. Sure, on paper, Erie is the superior team. But the games are won on the ice. If Halverson continues his steady play, an upset is possible. I still believe it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

We beat Sarnia, no one saw that coming...and then you look east at what Niagara is doing in the Kingston series....OHL Playoff hockey, where anything is possible!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hounds are a great young team whose skill and experience is under rated by most. This series is the toughest series in the west because of the travel alone. Hounds have a few experienced kids. Can't take them lightly or you shoot yourself in the foot. Getting clutch goaltending goes along way also.

Uncle B

Dec 28, 2015
Shoot Low..

Hounds need to shoot low...Williams not as good as everyone makes him out to be. Erie D is great, Williams so-so. Poor rebound control. Although last night he made some great saves for Erie. Just need to keep shooting low and driving the net.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hounds need to shoot low...Williams not as good as everyone makes him out to be. Erie D is great, Williams so-so. Poor rebound control. Although last night he made some great saves for Erie. Just need to keep shooting low and driving the net.

He's like a pinball machine. But we keep shooting at the Otter on his chest. Also, is he fine after the hit on Monday? Didn't look too bad but something definitely could've happened. Believe it would be the groin if it anything. Happened really fast.

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
GoooooooooooHounds! Morgan Frost looking very good for a rookie......promising future........Playoff experience this year to pay off big next year for our young roster..........wish our backup netminder was getting some experience but Halvy's the man.....Boris should be Captain some day.......he's a Cast Iron Beast!! Bannister getting it done........had my doubts earlier in the year......Winning the Sarnia series was the best playoff achievement in a long time based on the youth and experience of the roster......and to follow it up with a good showing against Erie a credit to Bannister and the coaching staffs work.......

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
GoooooooooooHounds! Morgan Frost looking very good for a rookie......promising future........Playoff experience this year to pay off big next year for our young roster..........wish our backup netminder was getting some experience but Halvy's the man.....Boris should be Captain some day.......he's a Cast Iron Beast!! Bannister getting it done........had my doubts earlier in the year......Winning the Sarnia series was the best playoff achievement in a long time based on the youth and experience of the roster......and to follow it up with a good showing against Erie a credit to Bannister and the coaching staffs work.......

Nothing bad can come out of this. Kids, coaching staff (specifically Bannister as HC) gaining a ton from this push. I don't really care if we win at the end of the day, as long as they're putting out a good effort. That being said... if we continued to be fecal agitators, I wouldn't mind..

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
Looking forward to the game tonight and having a number of questions answered:

1) Will the attendance break the 4,000 mark at least once during this post-season? Come on folks, we are being treated to some good hockey in this series! That having been noted, the noise level Monday night was great!

2) Will Gabe Guertler and Alexander DeBrincat continue to display the bad feelings that were evident between them last game (the fight + the pushing/shoving/words at the end of the game)? Two Americans fighting on Canadian soil – tsk, tsk.

3) Will Tim Gettinger and Jack Kopacka finally make an appearance this post-season? After 10 games they have four points between them. Mr. Gettinger was averaging 0.65 points per game during the regular season with Mr. Kopacka just a shade behind him at 0.64 PPG. While others on the team may have upped their production, given their high placement in the latest NHL Central Scout Final Rankings, one expects more of these two. One almost wonders if Gettinger is protecting an injury – he has been so tentative. His minus 9 “+/-“ rating is also the highest on the team.

Anyway, one thing we don’t have to wonder about will be the start of the game. The Otters will be attacking ferociously – hopefully the Hounds will stand their ground and push back hard!

Go Hounds!

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie
Looking forward to the game tonight and having a number of questions answered:

1) Will the attendance break the 4,000 mark at least once during this post-season? Come on folks, we are being treated to some good hockey in this series! That having been noted, the noise level Monday night was great!

2) Will Gabe Guertler and Alexander DeBrincat continue to display the bad feelings that were evident between them last game (the fight + the pushing/shoving/words at the end of the game)? Two Americans fighting on Canadian soil – tsk, tsk.

3) Will Tim Gettinger and Jack Kopacka finally make an appearance this post-season? After 10 games they have four points between them. Mr. Gettinger was averaging 0.65 points per game during the regular season with Mr. Kopacka just a shade behind him at 0.64 PPG. While others on the team may have upped their production, given their high placement in the latest NHL Central Scout Final Rankings, one expects more of these two. One almost wonders if Gettinger is protecting an injury – he has been so tentative. His minus 9 “+/-“ rating is also the highest on the team.

Anyway, one thing we don’t have to wonder about will be the start of the game. The Otters will be attacking ferociously – hopefully the Hounds will stand their ground and push back hard!

Go Hounds!

#3 = both players are nursing extreme colds and it shows. They will be ready tonight. Mark my word!!!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Ok so am i better to use my Shaw On The Go to try and get local channel 10 for the game.....or use the OHLive feed. I'm at work and streaming in to my laptop so i'd like the best possible picture...or are they the same?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
#3 = both players are nursing extreme colds and it shows. They will be ready tonight. Mark my word!!!

I certainly hope that's the case as we need everyone to step up. Each game gets ratcheted up a notch and Erie will push back really hard tonight! GO HOUNDS!!!!

h10*

Jan 12, 2011

I find this post odd because
A) Williams usually his best down low. Probably most athletic goalie in league laterally. His strength is lower given his smaller frame. Your best bet is to beat him up high, shorter goalie
B) Williams is the reason Erie is where they are this year. The teams MVP. So-so doesn't get you 52 wins. When he's on his game he's as good as the rest of them in the league and top goalie

Also before you get all jumpy that he's hurt and won't play, I believe his head hit goalpost as said by Erie media and Knoblauch. He's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad