Soo Greyhounds 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
I think bouramann should go back to sweeden and take 2,000 slap shots a day until training camp arrives.
I think 10 year olds can shoot the puck harder then him. Has anyone ever seen him take a slap shot from the point this season. He flicks the puck like 5 year olds learning how to shoot, and this is the guy who was the quarterback on our power play all year. Don't have a problem with his skating ability because he does that very well and his stamina is real good also. If he learns how to shoot a puck from the blue line don't have a problem with him returning because he could score 20 power play goals alone with the amount of open space he normally has. Perhaps greyhound coaching staff should have shown him video clips of Ryan Sproul and Josh Godfrey shooting the puck on the power play. Two former hounds who learned how to shoot the puck on the power play. Even go as far back as Jake Muzzin to show how to shoot a puck.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
If Goose is returned, then Tokarov is odd man out.

I'd keep Tokarev and get rid of Bouramman. Makar is younger, smarter, better puck-handler and showed a pretty decent upside for a rookie learning the North American game. Bourammann, to me, has not built on the promise he showed in his first year with the Hounds-if anything he went backwards.....and I'm not sure his point totals make up for the number of goals his give-aways have resulted in....and shooting the puck is the least of his downside.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
I'd keep Tokarev and get rid of Bouramman. Makar is younger, smarter, better puck-handler and showed a pretty decent upside for a rookie learning the North American game. Bourammann, to me, has not built on the promise he showed in his first year with the Hounds-if anything he went backwards.....and I'm not sure his point totals make up for the number of goals his give-aways have resulted in....and shooting the puck is the least of his downside.

We need experience on the back end... this sounds like a personal thing with you and Goose , ive seen several posts in regards to him. He needs to strengthen his passing and thats it...hes a SOLID two way dman. Skates VERY well with the puck and has had two good years with the Soo. We have enough young depth upfront, we can trade off Tokarev for a BETTER, YOUNGER import up front, and keep the experience on the back end.

As stated above, we need the experience on the back end.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
I think bouramann should go back to sweeden and take 2,000 slap shots a day until training camp arrives.
I think 10 year olds can shoot the puck harder then him. Has anyone ever seen him take a slap shot from the point this season. He flicks the puck like 5 year olds learning how to shoot, and this is the guy who was the quarterback on our power play all year. Don't have a problem with his skating ability because he does that very well and his stamina is real good also. If he learns how to shoot a puck from the blue line don't have a problem with him returning because he could score 20 power play goals alone with the amount of open space he normally has. Perhaps greyhound coaching staff should have shown him video clips of Ryan Sproul and Josh Godfrey shooting the puck on the power play. Two former hounds who learned how to shoot the puck on the power play. Even go as far back as Jake Muzzin to show how to shoot a puck.

Not all defencemen need to score, he puts it in lightly for a rebound or off the back wall for a second chance... and to be honest, noone on our team had the ability to shooting the puck properly this year..lol.

You need to remember, as fans, we see the ice differently than they do on the ice...fans dont understand that much.

You're also comparing some elite defencemen to Goose...which isnt quite comparable lol. He all around is not up to those guys level of play....

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Not that i like Bouranann but if you take a look he is the only Defencemen with the most points

GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG SOG FOW
68 6 40 46 -5 43 3 0 111 6

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Bourmann didn't impress me much all season, but he was our best puck moving defenseman in the playoffs. He upped his game. If he can keep that level of play up all next season he would be a great asset to the team.

If playoff Bourraman is back he'll be a great piece for our backend. If regular season Bourraman is back I don't want him.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I too watch far too much Liquidator for my own good. I don't know that we'd trade him yet. I'd want to wait to see what kind of effort he shows next year. I'd want a decent young dman back though.
I agree about watching the liquidator. Great lessons for how to turn yourself into a weasel.:laugh: Maybe Kitchener's GM should take a few lessons from him. Nice to see the effort by the Soo team in the play offs. Threw a scare into the Otters for sure. Should bode well for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad