Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
What sort of percentage do you get in trade-ins nowadays? The deal I'm looking at is a Pro, GT Sport, CODWWII and Overwatch or Destiny 2 for £320, I figure I'd get what, £40 back for COD and Destiny?
Don't forget that those games might not be physical copies, so you might want to confirm to the place where you're planning to trade-in that if they'll accept codes.

(unless this bundle is created by the seller itself)

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Picked up Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn for $50 OTD tonight at the BF sale at BB.

Tons o'people waiting in line when the store opened up at 5, although I think I'll just buy online next year, especially since BB has early access for Elite members, example, if I really wanted an iPad at $250, that was the time to do it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Cheapest place I can find Yakuza 0 in Canada is at Gamestop, so... guess it's worth a try tomorrow. Probably easier to deal with in Canada since people are still working.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I honestly thought Gundam versus was an old ps3 game that got a NA release for ps4. Is it an actual new game?

Yes new game and a NA release for the first time for this type of Gundam game. The previous ones were Gundam Extreme/Vs/Full Boost which was an arcade series in Japan and had PS3 releases over there. I managed to get a copy while I was over there as I fell in love with it.

Grabbed Versus as soon as it came out.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Don't forget that those games might not be physical copies, so you might want to confirm to the place where you're planning to trade-in that if they'll accept codes.

(unless this bundle is created by the seller itself)
f***ed it. Deal is no longer on the site and when you try to load the page it has an error. Seething.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Picked up two wireless controllers for $38 a piece at game stop and also bought the new wolfenstein for $25 and the kingdom hearts pack too. Some good deals. I got there mid day and wanted Persona 5 and Witcher but both of those were sold out.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
So I impulsively bought one and have "Last of Us" (don't know what this game is), "Uncharted 4", "Horizon" (reason why I bought the system), and "Bloodborne" (another no idea what this is) all coming. Is that a good start of games?

It's a good start.
Horizon was fantastic, as is The Last of Us. The Uncharted series is generally well received (I've only played the first).
Can't comment on Bloodborne really as I've never looked into it. Heard good things, though.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Bloodborne is good but you need to understand the dark souls formula when playing the game. Once you're satisfied with your level in an area just ignore the enemies and explore. The dark souls genre is all about opening the next shortcut or getting to the next bonfire/lamp, not necessarily how many enemies or level ups you gain.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I know we had a thread on Persona 5, but I can't seem to find it. I liked Persona 4 up until you were forced to do social links, which I hated. I liked the story and combat part of that game. Does Persona 5 make you do all that stupid social link crap, or is it more story and combat focused?

The social aspects are some of the best aspects of the series IMO, but they've taken massive steps forwards with each of the past two games. There's more to do socially in P5, and more rewards for doing it.

Last edited:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I'm thinking about purchasing a PS4. I have a PS3 now but haven't played it in about 2 years. I haven't paid attention at all to the PS4. What do I need to purchase with the console? Obviously games, headset, but is there anything else?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm thinking about purchasing a PS4. I have a PS3 now but haven't played it in about 2 years. I haven't paid attention at all to the PS4. What do I need to purchase with the console? Obviously games, headset, but is there anything else?
Playstation plus is pretty much mandatory. You can't play any game online without it.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Good to know. SO basically like XBox live? Is there problems with hacking online? One reason I stopped playing PS3 was the hacking.
Yea its basically the playstation version of Xbox live.
Usually once or twice a year some group of hackers take down psn for a bit but usually its pretty good regarding hackers.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Titanfall 2 if people still play it and Destiny 2 if you're into that type of game. Both call of duty and battlefront 2 are underwhelming. Maybe battlefield 1. Not really much else out there right now. Fortnite battle Royale is free and pretty fun, but it's third person.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Skyrim VR is amazing.

Cannot wait for DOOM VFR

How do you like it? got it for my bro for his new PSVR. I read mostly positive reviews but a few negative also.

So help me if it's a deluge of FFXV spinoffs.

Just give me XVI.

You KNOW its going to be that haha. Honest question, has there been rumors FFXVI is being worked on? Took a few years for XV to release after 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad