Confirmed with Link: Soderberg to Avs - 5yrs @ 4.75AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He absolutely isn't NHL-ready. This is coming from someone who's a huu-uuge fan of his, but also someone who's seen him throughout last season. I really hope Avs draft him, for some seriously short-sighted reasons (a Finn in Avs finally...) but no way in hell is he ready for NHL yet. He might be the best Finnish forward prospect in some time, but no way in hell is he ready for the NHL in October.

Rantanen is not a solution to anything for 2015-16. Nevertheless, PICK HIM

He's far more NHL ready than anyone else we'll draft at 10, aside from Crouse.

He's actually played in a mens league and performed well. While that's the first time I've said he's NHL-ready...I've called him very close everywhere else and I stand by that.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Part of me wants Rantanen more because I heard the Panthers are interested in Rantanen. Anything to piss off Panthers fans will make me happy.

LOL. We took Landeskog from them, we took Mackinnon from them, and now we take Rantanen.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I think it's fitting that the asset Sakic traded to get Soderberg was the eventual result of him convincing Ryan Smyth to sign here in 2007.

Smyth -> Quincy -> Downie -> Talbot -> Caron & 6th rounder -> Soderberg

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think it's fitting that the asset Sakic traded to get Soderberg was the eventual result of him convincing Ryan Smyth to sign here in 2007.

Smyth -> Quincy -> Downie -> Talbot -> Caron & 6th rounder -> Soderberg

I always like these, especially the Lindros trade one. Now I cant wait to see 5years from now what RoR turns into.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I always like these, especially the Lindros trade one. Now I cant wait to see 5years from now what RoR turns into.

Elliott is all we have left of the lindens trade now, right? (Tanguay doesn't count)

johpers

Aug 20, 2003
Sverige
Visit site
He can only play centre because of his eye.

Soderbergs eye injury is not the reason. Carl is a natural center and has always played best as a center. Every time a coach has tried to use him as a winger, it has not gone so well, and this was a fact even before he got his eye injury. Even Boston realized this fact

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
This is what I want:

McGinn - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacKinnon - ???
Tanguay - Soderberg - Everberg
McLeod - Mitchell - Winchester

??? could be filled by #10 draft pick, UFA, Bleackley, Hishon, or a forward from the ROR trade.

Soderberg is definitely one of the best third line centers in the NHL, no doubt about it.

It still feels extremely strange for me and probably other Swedes too though using a great center like Soderberg for third line duties with limited icentime. Poor asset management, well, if Duchene and/or MacKinnon fails to deliver Soderberg will for sure gets his chances. Tanguay is getting old and Everberg... well, he is a big question mark, difficult to guess.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Soderberg is definitely one of the best third line centers in the NHL, no doubt about it.

It still feels extremely strange for me and probably other Swedes too though using a great center like Soderberg for third line duties with limited icentime. Poor asset management, well, if Duchene and/or MacKinnon fails to deliver Soderberg will for sure gets his chances. Tanguay is getting old and Everberg... well, he is a big question mark, difficult to guess.

Everberg's #s are still a big question mark, but he showed really nice defensive instincts, forechecking instincts, a surprising sense for simple but clever passes, and did a really good job using that huge body to shield the puck. He needs to start putting pucks into the net to become a high end third liner, but I think he's already safely a legit NHL bottom 6er if he doesn't get complacent.

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
I'd rather think the lines as:
Tanguay - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacK - McGinn
Rendulic - Soderberg - Everbeast

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd rather think the lines as:
Landeskog - MacK - McGinn
Rendulic - Soderberg - Everbeast

Rendulic should start the year on the first line in the AHL. He'll get called up once injuries strike, but let him get confident using his skills in NA and adjusting to the angles of small ice in the offensive zone.

I guess they start with either:
Landeskog - Soderberg - MacK
McGinn - Malkin - Everberg/???
McCleod - Winch - Everberg/???

or

McGinn* - Duchene - Iginla*
Landeskog - MacK - Tangs*
Malkin - Yeti - Everberg/???
McCleod - Winch - Everberg/???

With one of the three guys with * next to Landy-MacK and the other two with Duchene, and the ??? being either the 10th OA, a UFA, a piece we get in the ROR trade, or a piece we make a small trade for after the ROR trade.

Rendo can join Everbeast and Yeti on the third line over the course of the season, when he's got more confidence in his scoring and skill.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That answers it. We will see how it goes, I doubt it lasts all season. Our top 6 looks great though.

Landy-Soderberg-MacK
Tangs-Duchene-Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad