Sekera-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Holden-Stuart

Sexy, sexy lineup.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
With the new found space... I'm guessing a 3rd liner at some spot gets signed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers 1m1 minute ago
#Avs GM Joe Sakic suspects Carl Soderberg will center Gabe Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon. But obviously that's up to Coach Roy

Little more context to the quote.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Posted this in the Offseason thread, but Sakic says that Hishon WILL be qualified, Caron will NOT be qualified.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't mind if they have visions of Soderberg being the 2C right now, but I have a feeling that MacKinnon will be taking that spot, very soon.

FoppaForsberg*

I don't mind if they have visions of Soderberg being the 2C right now, but I have a feeling that MacKinnon will be taking that spot, very soon.

Yup. What they say now and what happens during the season are two totally different things.

example: last summer with Stuart.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I'd like someone signed to fill in the top 6, it would be amazing if by some miracle that Grigorenko figures it out and plays admirably to get Soderberg back to third line center. Times like these you wish you had a stud forward on a ELC to fill in the top 6 aka what Hishon should of been. I'm just a little weary of getting another UFA forward.

Last edited:

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Don't mind it for a bit but hope that mackinnon or grigorenko can figure it out and become the second line C

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005

People should also remember that Seguin spent four years on the wing before becoming a full time center. It's not going to kill MacKinnon or his development if he stays there for a bit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I gotta admit that this deal is quite the gamble the more I think about it. Not sure he is worth this.

Probably isn't worth this but he's a good player and should help us. I thought around $4M/yr was a decent price for him but he was always going to get more than that.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I gotta admit that this deal is quite the gamble the more I think about it. Not sure he is worth this.

I just wonder what the master plan really is in regards to Soderberg and who will eventually become the #2?

Isn't he being paid too much to be a #3? not really good enough to be a #2 for more than spot duty?

I originally thought that Mack would slot into the #2 now, but maybe they are thinking something different.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I just wonder what the master plan really is in regards to Soderberg and who will eventually become the #2?

Isn't he being paid too much to be a #3? not really good enough to be a #2 for more than spot duty?

I originally thought that Mack would slot into the #2 now, but maybe they are thinking something different.

Yeah I really don't think Soderberg is a genuine 2. But we have been spoiled with some pretty great centres for a while.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Do you think he will be a serviceable #2? I really don't know too much about him except for what I have been reading.

I don't think he is gonna make a fool of himself, but certainly not as strong as we have had the last five years. Since Duchene was added behind Stastny really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad