Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I have to ask y'all something

In the Trade Rumours board, there's been arguments that Soderberg will improve on his point totals playing with Landeskog and MacKinnon, no argument better linemates he had in Boston

On the other hand, there's people saying he'll be the 3C behind Duchene and MacKinnon, with Mitchell at 4C.

So which will it be?

Of course this is assuming ROR is traded

I think MacK will get first crack at the 2C role w/ Yeti behind him at 3C, but if he struggles, Yeti will center him and Landy

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think he will get to do both. He will absolutely get the chance to center the 2nd line IMO. That might even be the plan for next year.
After that I see him gradually turning into our #3 C after Mac takes over unless he really surprises us with his offense.

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
So who is this magical winger/center alternating in those spots while Soderberg's finding his place in the Avs?

Can we have a lineup for both scenarios?

Really not trying to troll anyone, just trying to understand this whole situation.

member 116861

So who is this magical winger/center alternating in those spots while Soderberg's finding his place in the Avs?

Really not trying to troll anyone, just trying to understand this whole situation.

This is what I want:

McGinn - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacKinnon - ???
Tanguay - Soderberg - Everberg
McLeod - Mitchell - Winchester

??? could be filled by #10 draft pick, UFA, Bleackley, Hishon, or a forward from the ROR trade.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Mack is the floater...

Obviously some names could swap around

McGinn-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-MacK-Tangs
_____/Mitchell/Hishon/Rendulic/whoever-Soberberg-Everberg

Tangs-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-Soderberg-MacK
McGinn-Mitchell-Everberg

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I have to ask y'all something

In the Trade Rumours board, there's been arguments that Soderberg will improve on his point totals playing with Landeskog and MacKinnon, no argument better linemates he had in Boston

On the other hand, there's people saying he'll be the 3C behind Duchene and MacKinnon, with Mitchell at 4C.

So which will it be?

A combination of the two. The fact that he can play wing and centre means he'll likely move around a fair bit.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
This is what I want:

McGinn - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacKinnon - ???
Tanguay - Soderberg - Everberg
McLeod - Mitchell - Winchester

??? could be filled by #10 draft pick, UFA, Bleackley, Hishon, or a forward from the ROR trade.

That third line though. I like this move a lot..

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The icing on the cake here would be to draft Rantanen 10th overall. He's an NHL-ready RW who could slide into that 3rd line rather nicely. Oh, and he's also 6'4.

Man we're a huge team if that comes to be.

Same can be said for Crouse really, too.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Carl is home in Malmö right now. In the famous Zlatan house. My friend who basically is the beat writer for his swedish team by heart, Malmö, is working on getting an interview with him.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
The icing on the cake here would be to draft Rantanen 10th overall. He's an NHL-ready RW who could slide into that 3rd line rather nicely. Oh, and he's also 6'4.

Man we're a huge team if that comes to be.

Same can be said for Crouse really, too.

So who are you picking if both are available?

member 116861

Part of me wants Rantanen more because I heard the Panthers are interested in Rantanen. Anything to piss off Panthers fans will make me happy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That third line though. I like this move a lot..

I'd swap Tangs and McG so that that third line has a shooter for EVB and Soda to feed, but yeah those are the lines I hope we end the year with.

Though I could see Malkin doing well alongside Yeti and EVB:
Tanguay - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacK - McGinn
Everbeast - Yeti - Malkin

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
If we plan on signing Rads next year, I think we should go Zacha or Crouse. Zacha is risky, but he has all the tools to be an elite #1C and can also play wing. If Zacha is there, I don't think we pass him up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait wait... There are panther fans in the world? And we are in a feud with them?

Winning the MacKinnon lottery, that organization was desperate for a franchise gamechanger in MacKinnon.

Also guys, if you have time right now I recommend reading the Bieksa to Sharks thread, so much quality gold in it. :laugh:

Chambers and Dater should collaborate on a book about time travelling in the wrong direction.
Wow. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They would just get lost and would never return.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm really starting to uneasily hope Crouse or Rantanen are available at #10. I don't love the look of our top 6 with ROR out and Soderberg in, am I the only one?

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006

He absolutely isn't NHL-ready. This is coming from someone who's a huu-uuge fan of his, but also someone who's seen him throughout last season. I really hope Avs draft him, for some seriously short-sighted reasons (a Finn in Avs finally...) but no way in hell is he ready for NHL yet. He might be the best Finnish forward prospect in some time, but no way in hell is he ready for the NHL in October.

Rantanen is not a solution to anything for 2015-16. Nevertheless, PICK HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad