Sochi 2014

Fulcrum

I'm sure there will be at least one unit of KHLers on the roster. The question is, who will be the top Russians in the KHL in two years?

If by Top Russians you mean Ovi, Kovy, Datsyuk, Malkin - then NHL. Simple answer is their contracts.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
i'd be surprised if the guy who was injured in the olympics didn't make the team, i'd never heard of him before, but was insanely impressed, i think he was number 42, but i'm not 100%

I think you mean Sergei Zinoviev.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I'm sure there will be at least one unit of KHLers on the roster. The question is, who will be the top Russians in the KHL in two years?

Well, if Tarasenko and Kuznetsov stay, then maybe them, but I think they'll eventually head to NHL.

Other then them, Radulov, Shipachyov and Shirokov are all playing well and still young.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Big difference between first 2 lines centers and last lines. Not too happy with Burmistrov. He's a solid guy but last Olympics centers for last 2 lines were much better. Anisimov is Ok but the roster depth falls a lot in terms on center players quality. Need another center elite quality or close to elite guy.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think rather than building a team where all 4 lines are all offense, we need a smarter aproach - where last two lines will be shut down with an ability to cheap in - Burmistrov and Anisimov fit the bill just right.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
We'll see how Shipachyov does at WC (should be there).

Other then Griogorenko, Khokhlachev and Namestnikov are talented Centers also that might develop quickly.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
do you see Shipachyov on the first or second line in the Olympics?

I don't know if I see him there at all.

Ideally, it would be Grigorenko or one of Khokhlachev/Namestnikov developing quickly and one of Anisimov/Burmistrov taking a step forward offensively before the OG.

Shipachyov has some skill, but not as talented as those guys.

But if he impressed at the World Championship, I can see him making it.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Khoklachev - 2013 WJC MVP
was really impressed by him at WJC. If makes it to NHL next season and plays well i'd take him over Burmistrov

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I see Datsyk and Malkin as the 1-2 line centerс, Anisimov and Burmistrov as 3 and 4?

Neither one is accomplishing much in the NHL right now. Burmistrov is only 20, so he has time to improve. I'm not sure about Anisimov - there may be better big ice prospects than him.

Fulcrum

I think Anisimov is capable of more than what he is showing right now, and even more on the big ice with good linemates.

I know this is pretty far fetched, but if Nichushkin is where Kuznetsov is right now in a couple of years, or maybe even better- wouldn't we want him on the team? He has the talent. Watching him at the U17, he already has NHL speed and size is very good. He would be like Malkin at 2006 Olympics...

I don't really see Shipachyov as an Olympic Calibre of player. He is a very efficient scorer, but I don't think he would make that next elite level.

Kulemin is another guy who is on the fence. He can be a real solid workhorse, but this season he's ineffective.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
really, you think Grigorenko is a two way center you need on your third line?

Well he's not going to be a top 2 center, and our center depth is weak. It would be nice to have 3 scoring lines that's why I suggested it. It's not like we absolutely need a checking line, it's not small ice.

I guess if we wanted a responsible 3rd line; Burmistrov or Anisimov would suffice.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
really, you think Grigorenko is a two way center you need on your third line?

I think he has amazing talent and skill at the offensive end of the ice, but is more of a liability in the Russian zone. Allowing for his impairment due to injury, he played woefully bad in the defensive zone when other teams were cycling and forechecking during the 2012 WJC. He does not show a physical side to his game such as you see with Ovechkin and Kovalchuk.

Fulcrum

I think he has amazing talent and skill at the offensive end of the ice, but is more of a liability in the Russian zone. Allowing for his impairment due to injury, he played woefully bad in the defensive zone when other teams were cycling and forechecking during the 2012 WJC. He does not show a physical side to his game such as you see with Ovechkin and Kovalchuk.

You can teach the guy how to play defense in 2 years. But his offensive talent is undeniable.

+ Bragin was happy with his 2-way game. Considering the injury, so was I.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad