Sochi 2014

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Now that the roster for Vancouver has been announced, we can continue our tradition of predicting which players will be invited to the next Olympiad.
Some of the line-ups posted over four years ago were amazingly accurate...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Grebeshkov, Tyutin, Korneev, Semin all get reinvited.
I think we will see Kulemin (the one from Toronto), Tarasenko, Anisimov, Filatov ( a big may be )...Tkihnov?

and the forth line will be centered by S. Fedorov with Fetisov likely to come back again))))

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
OV - Datsyuk - Semin
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Radulov
Filatov - Anisimov - Kulemin
Kabanov - Loktionov - Taresenko
Frolov

Markov - Nikulin
Tyutin - Grebeskov
Volchenkov - Goncharov
Voinov - Chudinov

Bryzgalov
Varlamov
Proskuryakov

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Well, assuming that NHL lets them go....

Ovechkin - Malkin - Semin
Kovalchuk - Anisimov - Filatov
Grachev - Loktionov - Kabanov
Radulov - Datsyuk - Kulemin

Markov - Volchenkov
Kulikov - Tyutin
Korneyev - Grebeshkov
Nikulin - Goncharov

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Bobkov

- Hopefully Datsyuk and Markov don't decline too much in 4 years.

- I think Kulemin and Anisimov will both develop into good 2-way forwards.

- On the 3rd line, I prefer Grachev as a Center and Loktionov as a winger, but it looks like their respective teams are trying to develop them the other way.

- We have a bunch of other forward prospects that I was considering.

- We have several talented offensive-minded defensemen (Voynov, Alexandrov, Zubarev, Orlov, Zaitsev, Chudinov, etc.) that I was considering adding, as well as a couple of stay-at-home d-men (Emelin and Anikienko).

-

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I'll start with forwards:

Squad:
Ovechkin-Loktionov-Semin
Kovalchuk-Malkin-Radulov
Filatov-Anisimov-Grachev
Frolov-Datsyuk-Kulemin

Spares:
Kabanov-Churilov-Zherdev
Tikhonov-Bodrov-Tarasenko

HS

May 17, 2006
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=587134
Link for a previous thread.

Ovechkin - Burmistrov - Semin
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Kulemin
Filatov - Anisimov - Radulov
Frolov - Datsyuk - Tikhonov
Zharkov - Loktionov - Grachev

Tyutin - Volchenkov
Grebeshkov - Nikulin
A. Markov - Voinov
D. Orlov - Goncharov
Kulikov - Anikeenko
Korneev

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Bobkov

HS

May 17, 2006
what have you all been smoking putting Burmistrov on the first line...his ceiling is a Kuryanov - type player, imho

Currently we have only three centres in NHL and all of them look to be a lock for 2014. Then we have several solid but unspectacular 87-88 born centers in Churilov, Klyukin, Krysanov and Bodrov, couple of 80 born veterans in Tereschenko and Zinoviev, and promising youngsters with Loktionov and Burmistrov leading the pack. There is no definite option here. And don't see why Burmistrov can't be a one.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
2010 team V Potential 2014 side

Who would win. I understand a lot can happen and new players can arise but your personal 2014 team V 2010 team for next month What is the better side?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Defense is a little trickier to predict. Many of the current Olympians have a good chance of returning in Sochi. Markov, for example, is the oldest, but it's hard not to imagine him being back. Barring the unforseen, Grebeshkov and Tyutin should only improve and be back as well. While Volchenkov plays a style that wears the body and includes a high risk of injury, his chances are also good. Nikulin should at the very least still be in the mix, and Korneev will hopefully continue his development and warrant consideration as well.

Other than that, there aren't many presently established players that seem to be likely candidates. Of those currently on the cusp of the national team, only Kulyash and Kondratiev are young enough to have any prospects of being competative in 2014. So younger players will probably have to grow into the remaining spots on the roster not filled by returnees. Here is my defensive corps of those most likely to do so:

Kulikov-Anikienko
Vishnevskiy-Voynov
Goncharov-Zubarev
Alexandrov-Nikitin

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Ovechkin - Loktionov - Semin
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Tarasenko
Kabanov - Datsyuk - Radulov
Filatov - Anisimov - Grachev
ex: Frolov, Kulemin

Kulikov - Nikulin
Orlov - Volchenkov
Korneev - Grebeshkov
Tyutin - Voinov
ex: Goncharov, Anikeenko

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Bobkov

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Of those currently on the cusp of the national team, only Kulyash and Kondratiev are young enough to have any prospects of being competative in 2014.

Kirill Koltsov and Anton Babchuk are possibilities also.

I hope these players make improvements.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Defense is a little trickier to predict. Many of the current Olympians have a good chance of returning in Sochi. Markov, for example, is the oldest, but it's hard not to imagine him being back. Barring the unforseen, Grebeshkov and Tyutin should only improve and be back as well. While Volchenkov plays a style that wears the body and includes a high risk of injury, his chances are also good. Nikulin should at the very least still be in the mix, and Korneev will hopefully continue his development and warrant consideration as well.

Other than that, there aren't many presently established players that seem to be likely candidates. Of those currently on the cusp of the national team, only Kulyash and Kondratiev are young enough to have any prospects of being competative in 2014. So younger players will probably have to grow into the remaining spots on the roster not filled by returnees. Here is my defensive corps of those most likely to do so:

Kulikov-Anikienko
Vishnevskiy-Voynov
Goncharov-Zubarev
Alexandrov-Nikitin

Solid lineup. I think all the players have good chances, but I'd rank Zubarev and Nikitin a little behind the others. I think the guys with the best chances are Kulikov (plays in the NHL at very young age, by 2014 he'll have experience), Goncharov (I guess he'll be playing in the NHL), Voinov (same) and Alexandrov (same). Anikienko is a tough defenseman with a big shot, things that don't hurt in international hockey, and this might give him a chance, though he doesn't really score as much as Kulyash or Dmitri Vorobiev 2-3 years ago.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I haven't watched any Vityaz games, but the 2 young players that are having a good statistical season are Center Vadim Berdnikov (22 years-old) and Defenseman Dmitri Megalinsky (24 years-old).

Considering their supporting cast, their numbers are impressive.

Future candidates?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
And finally, the goaltending should be handled by Bryzgalov, Varlamov, and whomever (it's currently neigh impossible to perdict) else.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00