Sochi 2014

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
It's a stretch.... Would you say TO and Washington are the same region?

Well u know what i mean. Its not like im gonna make a list of every Oblast and Republic and then divide them into regions. Volgograd is one of the largest cities in the Southern European part of Russia. The same area/region that Sochi is situated in. Its obvious that these terrorists primary target is something bigger than a bus full of People.

And u russians got my sympathy. Im not bashing russia.

TheMachiavelli*

With the deadline approaching I decided to mull over a possible Russian team. Please state any suggestions, changes and opinions.

**Forwards:**

* Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
* Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Radulov
* Kulemin-Malkin-Tarasenko
* Kokarev-Tereshenko-Tikhonov
* Extra: Hard to predict, most likely will be Perezhogin/Popov; I want to see Nichushkin or Mozyakin

**Defense:**

* Markov-Emelin
* Voynov-Tyutin
* Medvedev-Nikulin
* Chudinov-Ryasensky/Belov

**Goalies:**

* Bob; Varlamov; Eremenko

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The complete Russian roster is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Sergei Bobrovsky, Semyon Varlamov, Alexander Yeryomenko.

Defenders: Anton Belov, Alexei Emelin, Andrei Markov, Evgeny Medvedev, Nikita Nikitin, Ilya Nikulin, Fedor Tyutin, Slava Voynov.

Forwards: Artem Anisimov, Pavel Datsyuk, Denis Kokarev, Ilya Kovalchuk, Nikolai Kulemin, Evgeni Malkin, Valeri Nichushkin, Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Popov, Alexander Radulov, Sergei Soin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Alexei Tereshenko, Viktor Tikhonov.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
is it me or is russia more concerned about placing players on team who are loyal to Russia/KHL

if you look at their roster, there are some head-scratchers and im thinking its bc of the KHL...

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
is it me or is russia more concerned about placing players on team who are loyal to Russia/KHL

if you look at their roster, there are some head-scratchers and im thinking its bc of the KHL...
Well, the only forgotten player from the NHL is Alexander Semin who definitely should have made the team and I think the vast majority of fans will agree.

There are no other NHL players who should have made the team although I probably would have picked Kulikov. At the same time, an NHLer like Anton Belov has no business being on this roster.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia

Yes, it's just you.

The only league-biased position is the 3rd goalie. And it's not much of a bad choice over Nabokov and Bryz either.

Last edited:

TheMachiavelli*

So lines could look like this:

Forwards:

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Tarasenko
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Radulov
Kulemin-Malkin-Popov
Kokarev-Tereshenko-Tikhonov (Soin)

Defense:

Markov-Emelin
Voynov-Belov
Nikulin-Medvedev
Tyutin

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
@TheMachiavelli

Good job on the roster prediction a couple days before it was announced. Your prediction is almost perfect with the exceptions of Semin and Chudinov.

TheMachiavelli*

Who will replace Radulov? IMO, I don't think Semin should; actually this is where Mozyakin might shine...

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
@TheMachiavelli

Good job on the roster prediction a couple days before it was announced. Your prediction is almost perfect with the exceptions of Semin and Chudinov.

In the other roster thread I predicted the entire defense right .:naughty: And got all but 2 forwards right : Semin & Perezhogin.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Who will replace Radulov? IMO, I don't think Semin should; actually this is where Mozyakin might shine...

Why is everybody already obsessed with replacing Radulov? Stamkos is on the canadian roster for puck's sake! We're over a month away. They all will get well.

Last edited:

TheMachiavelli*

So how will the lines look? If Bill said he had plans for Nichushkin, where would he play, I can't see him taking Tarasenko's space on the top 6.

TheMachiavelli*

With the addition of Semin, I think that is how the lines will look now.

Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Kulemin-Anisimov-Tarasenko
Kokarev-Tereshenko-Popov (Tikhonov)

Markov-Emelin
Voynov-Belov
Nikulin-Medvedev

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Not impressed with the KHL guys. Radulov stupid penalties that costed the team twice, Medvedev with a terrible penalty at the end which almost costed them again, Terschenko absolutely abysmal out there. Tereschenko has poor puck control/turnover machine. If that was a one off game then okay, but wow was he bad and the defensive play, well he didn't rock the PK as advertised. The first goal thats his man that escaped him to score the goal.

Popov looked very good out there, not playing on the greatest line however.

Other than that, most of the players looked ship shape. Even Kovy looks very rusty - passes off the mark, missed a series of shots from wonderful set ups from Datsyuk (those used to be his bread and butter).

I would easily put Svitov in over tereschenko for next game. Would like to see more out of Semin.

The D was solid aside from a few rusty Nikitin clearing attempts. Belov is way better on the big ice.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Popov was excellent, you're right.

Yeah, let's try Tikhonov and Svitov out there. Tereschenko can ride the pine for all I care. Svitov will of course take over his duties on the PK.

Belov had some good shifts, indeed. Nikitin, Medvedev make me nervous, even though both showed good things at times.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Radulov should be banned from Russian NT team forever same as Semin.
Ovechkin seems uninterested to play defense and should be sidelined or benched sometimes same like in 2006 Turino.
( Best part of Ovechkin so far was that deflected nut-shot for referee maked me ROFL a lot )

Nicushkin so far is probably best 2 side forward i ever seen to play for Russia right after Datysuk after long time, good moment was when he grab puck from Kane i think from behind.
Very nice suprise.

I still can`t understand why Biladelunov choose shiet defenceman like Tyutin, Medvedev, Nikitin though.

Where is Zubarev ?

Anyway Yakupov, Panarin, Kulikov should be really tested in IIHF WC 2014 in Belarus.

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Belov had some good shifts, indeed. Nikitin, Medvedev make me nervous, even though both showed good things at times.

I agree, those 2 guys are shaky at times, and then sometimes they make a great play. I have watched Nikitin a lot in Columbus and that seems to be the usual, very steady until that one shaky play where he cant clear the puck out of his own zone. Happens every once in a while for him.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Fetisov sounds off on Radulov, ouch. Also, how cheap are those goofy pegs in the nets. They are actually flexible, the most ridiculous thing! Even more ridiculous is the amount of time that the net was sitting like that, the refs should have skated over and adjusted it. Whats even worse was that Quick knocked it off by his own power... I just feel like the Russians were cheated in the worst way on that play.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Radulov should be banned from Russian NT team forever same as Semin.
Ovechkin seems uninterested to play defense and should be sidelined or benched sometimes same like in 2006 Turino.
( Best part of Ovechkin so far was that deflected nut-shot for referee maked me ROFL a lot )

Nicushkin so far is probably best 2 side forward i ever seen to play for Russia right after Datysuk after long time, good moment was when he grab puck from Kane i think from behind.
Very nice suprise.

I still can`t understand why Biladelunov choose shiet defenceman like Tyutin, Medvedev, Nikitin though.

Where is Zubarev ?

Anyway Yakupov, Panarin, Kulikov should be really tested in IIHF WC 2014 in Belarus.

Overreaction. The defense was excellent. This team is playing well.

This negativity is not sensible.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I hate to say this, but finita la comedia :(

This is over, probably more devastating loss then Vancouver, at least there was a hope back then - some good games like Vs. Czechs and the loss against Canada still left hopes for Sochi, but now... what's left now? :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad