Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
So after a loss,

Draisaitl sucks
McDavid is a shell of his former self
Skinner is the worst goalie in the league
Holland should be fired

Did I miss anything?

The only thing I hated in this game were the turnovers at the blueline and Flames coming in on Skinner without an Oiler within 4 feet. That kind of sucked.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Refreshing to hear, helps in the room too.
When doesn't Drai take responsibility or blame himself? Its commonplace. Drai was even putting blame on himself in playoffs. While scoring unheard of 13G/12GP.

Its Drais nature to be self critical. Its not isolated thing with him.

The thing is though Drai will do this kind of thing again, and won't learn much from it because it has nothing to do with decision, it has to do with Drai being meteoric and sometimes losing it. Drai often times is cool enough to think the bigger benefit like when he' telling Nurse not to lose it but in the heat of the moment Drai gets in exchanges when he's getting hacked. It doesn't get through to him that his engaging increases the targeting on him.

Not faulting him. He see's a lot of close checking and teams isolating him and McD. Its frustrating for all player getting heavy coverage. What reduces the frustration? Results and getting to goals. McDrai have no SC's, and this is the frustration we tend to see overriding.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So you filtered by goalies who have started 40 games and Skin we is 8th of 9 you say he isn’t far off? Lmao this has got to be sarcasm right?
Unfortunately not. Then we have other guys in here saying the solution to our problems is to bench "terrible" Drai.

"Terrible Drai" who has 5G 14pts in 10GP since ASG. Terrible Drai who created the goal last night plowing the Flames goalie and had a goal and an assist in previous game in our only two goals.

Yeah, the answer you hear from some fans here is bench Drai, bench his lazy ass, Give his minutes to Connor Brown (the same posters defended Brown acquisition resolutely) and give Skinner more games. Everything will be fine apparently if you do that. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I see people always asking for accountability from McDavid and Drai. Can we actually start asking the other players to step up for once too? Too many floaters on the team who seem to get a pass.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I see people always asking for accountability from McDavid and Drai. Can we actually start asking the other players to step up for once too? Too many floaters on the team who seem to get a pass.
Naw aint't happening, someone like Nuge (core) for ex., has been spotted more often on a milk carton other than on the 1st unit PP

Reactions: Drivesaitl

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

These are the guys that need to step up:

RNH - play faster and get to the middle of the ice. He's currently in that "mode" where he's standing around, dusting pucks off and has a degree of comfort sitting with the puck on the boards and turning it over.

Kane - prohibit this player from making a centering pass, especially out of the D zone. Step 1 - stop making east/west passes at both blue lines Step 2 - get it deep and hit Step 3 - shoot the damn puck. He needs to simplify the game and stop trying to make cute plays with the puck.

Ceci - cut out the f***ing pinching, period. Tons of other holes here, but if he does just this one thing we will cut out the 1-2 GAs per game that are directly caused by his pinching

Bouchard - all else is good - except his newfound addiction to trying to dangle players at the offensive blue line. Stop.

Brown - don't need to say anything here

McLeod - get to the middle of the ice

Reactions: frag2 and Zguy370

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

RNH - play faster and get to the middle of the ice. He's currently in that "mode" where he's standing around, dusting pucks off and has a degree of comfort sitting with the puck on the boards and turning it over.

Kane - prohibit this player from making a centering pass, especially out of the D zone. Step 1 - stop making east/west passes at both blue lines Step 2 - get it deep and hit Step 3 - shoot the damn puck. He needs to simplify the game and stop trying to make cute plays with the puck.

Ceci - cut out the f***ing pinching, period. Tons of other holes here, but if he does just this one thing we will cut out the 1-2 GAs per game that are directly caused by his pinching

Bouchard - all else is good - except his newfound addiction to trying to dangle players at the offensive blue line. Stop.

RNH 3X against Calgary baled and just pushed the puck up ice because he sensed a hit was coming. Would've broke the eggs in his pocket. He's back to that Nugey this season. Which becomes more apparent in uber physical games.

The guy has played 80% of the season with McD and he recently had only a dozen goals. lol

Reactions: Zguy370

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
RNH 3X against Calgary baled and just pushed the puck up ice because he sensed a hit was coming. Would've broke the eggs in his pocket. He's back to that Nugey this season. Which becomes more apparent in uber physical games.

The guy has played 80% of the season with McD and he recently had only a dozen goals. lol

To me Nuge's game is kind of the litmus test for the team. Generally if he is playing well the team is playing well, when he's not the team isn't.

When he's off he staples himself to the boards and basically waits to turn it over. He's there right now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To me Nuge's game is kind of the litmus test for the team. Generally if he is playing well the team is playing well, when he's not the team isn't.

When he's off he staples himself to the boards and basically waits to turn it over. He's there right now.
Teams have been keying on Nuge when he gets the puck on PP since ASG. The pass back to D is being read as well.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

RNH kind of make up for the fact McDavid hovers on defense tho. He also helps on the PP and PK. He always been vanilla tho.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Teams have been keying on Nuge when he gets the puck on PP since ASG. The pass back to D is being read as well.

Another thing that isn't helping is the break in puck carrier forcing the pass to Nuge standing about half a foot inside the blue line for him to fumble away. It's maddening.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

You kind of do. Look at the fourth line's stats in the Calgary game. Holloway - Ryan - Brown were the one line that controlled the game in terms of possession. They were a strong suppression line.

Yes, Brown needs to start scoring. And that may happen at some point. But he's playing like an effective fourth liner. Still.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Excuse me who is getting paid more? Who is expected to lead? You obviously should expect way way more out of them. And you must not have good eyesight, people on here complain nonstop about our role players and other lines lol. I saw mcdavid float and let his guy go and directly cost oilers 2 goals in the first and he rarely shoots in prime position and hasn't scored in over 2 weeks. Don't worry the lesser players are ridiculed all the time. Our whole team right now is not committed to defense and our goaltending has been very suspect. But we expect our leaders to get us out of the funk. Do we have leaders?

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You kind of do. Look at the fourth line's stats in the Calgary game. Holloway - Ryan - Brown were the one line that controlled the game in terms of possession. They were a strong suppression line.

Yes, Brown needs to start scoring. And that may happen at some point. But he's playing like an effective fourth liner. Still.

I'll give much more credit to the play of Holloway pushing those results than anything Brown ever did.

Simply not totally imploding is not a high enough standard to be considered playing good enough IMO.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll give much more credit to the play of Holloway pushing those results than anything Brown ever did.

Simply not totally imploding is not a high enough standard to be considered playing good enough IMO.
Brown has been doing that ever since he and Ryan have started playing together. Lowetide's article this morning outlines the kind of impact Brown makes suppressing on the fourth line.

People need to look at what that line is. It's an effective fourth line.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Brown has been doing that ever since he and Ryan have started playing together. Lowetide's article this morning outlines the kind of impact Brown makes suppressing on the fourth line.

People need to look at what that line is. It's an effective fourth line.

That 4th line would get murdered by a team with any depth, especially with Ryan at C. as recently as the Bruin game a line of Janmark - Ryan - Brown got badly slapped around before McLeod mercifully got rotated into Ryan's spot.

That's a great 4th line if you're trying to snag the last wild card spot and hope for the best. That 4th line is very far from sufficient on a team that is supposed to contend.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That 4th line would get murdered by a team with any depth, especially with Ryan at C. as recently as the Bruin game a line of Janmark - Ryan - Brown got badly slapped around before McLeod mercifully got rotated into Ryan's spot.

That's a great 4th line if you're trying to snag the last wild card spot and hope for the best. That 4th line is very far from sufficient on a team that is supposed to contend.
That line did the same throughout the majority of that heater. This is a combination of players that is outchancing opposition despite heavy defensive starts.

Every team in this league has depth players and callups filling those roles. The purpose of your fourth line is to suppress at even strength, establish OZ pressure and preferably house impactful special teams players.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That line did the same throughout the majority of that heater. This is a combination of players that is outchancing opposition despite heavy defensive starts.

Every team in this league has depth players and callups filling those roles. The purpose of your fourth line is to suppress at even strength, establish OZ pressure and preferably house impactful special teams players.

The 4th line was only not a joke when Hamblin centred it, then it has slowly devolved ever since he was sent down. Brown is a non-factor in this equation.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The 4th line was only not a joke when Hamblin centred it, then it has slowly devolved ever since he was sent down. Brown is a non-factor in this equation.

To think there are actually posters batting for such an abysmal player in Brown.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yet he consistently plays more than all of them. I suppose that's just a coincidence.

Read the article. That Calgary game was a microcosm of what's wrong with this team this season. Too many guys thinking that they can outscore their faults.

Also noticed that you doesn't have any issues with Perry's game in Calgary. The guy was awful. Tampa Bay -28 showing.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yet he consistently plays more than all of them. I suppose that's just a coincidence.

Read the article. That Calgary game was a microcosm of what's wrong with this team this season. Too many guys thinking that they can outscore their faults.

Also noticed that you doesn't have any issues with Perry's game in Calgary. The guy was awful. Tampa Bay -28 showing.

Corey Perry has done more in ~10 games than Brown has in ~50. I don't need to dump on Perry's game (which wasn't good against the Flames) to accurately point out that Brown is a zero.

Let me try and simplify a simple message further - when Hamblin was here the 4th line sawed off or outscored with a variety of different wingers, sometimes including Brown and sometimes not. Since Hamblin went back, the 4th line has been much worse, with Brown often a part of it.

I have no idea why you have staked out territory as the lone Brown supporter, but if you want to keep pretending that he's actually somehow a good 4th liner on a championship level team then I'll leave that with you to do you.

Reactions: frag2

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Excuse me who is getting paid more? Who is expected to lead? You obviously should expect way way more out of them. And you must not have good eyesight, people on here complain nonstop about our role players and other lines lol. I saw mcdavid float and let his guy go and directly cost oilers 2 goals in the first and he rarely shoots in prime position and hasn't scored in over 2 weeks. Don't worry the lesser players are ridiculed all the time. Our whole team right now is not committed to defense and our goaltending has been very suspect. But we expect our leaders to get us out of the funk. Do we have leaders?

Sorry, but I disagree heavily. Drai and McDavid have produced offensively and have been better defensively as well. Asking them to do more would be asinine at this point as they have done exactly what we wanted them to do the past few years; get better defensively.

And, no, saying a player is shit is not the same as pressuring them to be better. RNH, Nurse, etc, all get paid some big bucks too, if the qualification of asking them to be better is how much hey are paid, then we should be asking them as well to be better, not simply to just put all that weight on two players.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

I don’t see 9.25 on your list.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t see 9.25 on your list.

I don't see a reason to criticize him when he's trying to cover for a D partner that is horrendous in all situations, and is almost single handedly responsible for creating the rush opportunity against fiasco 2.0 this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad