Post-Game Talk: Sniffly Jets 5 Brady Led Punching Bags 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Shots heavily favoured the Sens, but that game felt more even than the score clock showed. Good on the Jets to bury their chances. Josh is having a monster season. Great for Rittich to have a strong game in relief of Hellebuyck. Hope Bucky's healthy enough to play one of the two games on the road.

Tkachuk remains a Tkachuk.
Good thing they award points based on the shots that actually go IN the net

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
First game live this season and man I love live hockey.

Morrissey was so fun to watch I don’t think I would have ever thought he had this level to his game. He is great in pretty much every situation. Just love watching his masterpiece.

Ville was fine, he was a little nervous and a touch off on his timing but he played a nice clean game without mistakes that were glaring. I thought Samberg moved well, and defends really well, but he was struggling handling the puck tonight.

The KFC PLD pair are so effective together in a thunder and lighting kind of way. The power with the finesse is tough to defend against. Very good chemistry.

It is such a pleasure watching Scheifele this season. Tonight he was just a touch off with his timing but he is a totally different player, fully bought in, much more intense and engaged.

Perfetti is a gem. He is so dangerous with 55 and I think they are building a great rapore. Smart, slick, kid that is a half step ahead on his reads.

I don’t disagree with Bones but loved the win….especially with the upcoming games.

Drove to the game so I had a drink with dinner but didn’t have a drink during the game since I was driving. Have to say its kind of fun watching the game beer free.

As I started my post off with……..I LOVE LIVE HOCKEY.

Winning > Losing

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Shocked and thrilled by the result.
I like how Dave was swatting loose rebounds away from the front of the net when needed.

I agree with other posters that they should try switching Perfetti into another spot on the PP.

If Ehlers is the first forward back I’d like to see a Perfetti-Scheifele-Ehlers line. We know what it looks like with Wheeler and it would be good to have an idea of how to deploy things if we get all top 6 forwards back at the same time.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Shocked and thrilled by the result.
I like how Dave was swatting loose rebounds away from the front of the net when needed.

I agree with other posters that they should try switching Perfetti into another spot on the PP.

If Ehlers is the first forward back I’d like to see a Perfetti-Scheifele-Ehlers line. We know what it looks like with Wheeler and it would be good to have an idea of how to deploy things if we get all top 6 forwards back at the same time.
I’d love to see pld and Schief Rock Paper Scissors for him considering both lines are playing with a tweezer as their 3rd guy.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don't know if David Rittich is a better goalie than Cam Talbot or if Wade Flaherty is that good of a goalie coach, but that was a good value performance by the backup tonight.

Can't ask for a better start than the 4th line getting on the board with their 1st shift. Congrats to Kevin Stenlund for his first as a Jet. Does he have a goal song yet? I agree with Kevin Sawyer he's not going to be an easy player to take out of the lineup. PK contributions are noticeable, particularly the one with Lowry in the box.

I mean you have to mention Josh Norrissey, that was some great leadership tonight. Unreal skill level on 3 Jets goals.

I think Dylan Samberg deserves some credit for a noticeable defensive effort, and some increasing confidence. I like the switch Bowness made to put him with Pionk and Dillon with Heinola, I'm not sure the conservative 3rd period showed any tangible results, but to my eye Samberg is playing better than Dillon, who looks a little worn down, and that kind of balances out the lineup. Gives me more optimism that Ville will get some games on the road. Not a bad game by the kid, but there is still room for improvement, as he says getting comfortable with his play.

Some highly skilled plays out there, also noticeable mistakes by each of the RWers in this game, which isn't so concerning when you think that a healthy lineup will probably take at least 3 if not all of them out of the lineup.

As for the Senators I think there's a decent chance that DJ Smith loses his job first. I couldn't for the life of me figure out Derrick Brassard was on the top line. I didn't even notice Alex De Brincat this game, and I wonder if that trade is going to turn into the second coming of the Duchene trade.

I did notice Nikita Zaitsev in an awful sort of way.

My boy Travis Hamonic was a -2, but the play he made on Dubois where he knocked him off the puck strengthwise to create a breakaway is exactly why I'd like to see him on the Jets playoff roster.

Good game for the fans, looked like it was a pretty fun atmosphere.

A little bit of optimism for the road trip after tonight's performance.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
We've had bad games, but we haven't often mailed it in, yet you expect us to do so twice in a row? That hasn't happened yet this year so why do you expect it now?
It is just a fear I have given the fact they are injury depleted, playing out east vs Boston and Wasington both teams are elite, it is yet another 3 in 4 nights and it is a couple days before a break.
I hope I am wrong.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Maybe not, some Boston media person might criticize our zoo or something to motivate our players. How dare they...:sarcasm:

751bwg.jpg
I heard they badmouthed the Oxford!!

• Haha
Reactions: macmaroon

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Great to take care of business in front of the home town fans with a depleted roster. Nice xmas present. Helle makes goalieing look easy, while BSD makes goalieing very exciting to watch, especially with some wild rebounds. But he got the job done and that's all you ask of the backup. Solid game.

Josh Norrissey is off the charts and top of his game defensively, offensively, creativity, IQ, execution. I imagine that Maurice and Huddy had to work together in tandem to hold him down and keep as much of his exceptional talent hidden as possible. Even then, we would see signs of it leak out during games. I imagine they would show him the tape after the games, tell him to stop being so damn good, follow the system to back up deep and let the other team shoot like crazy.

This injury stint is rough. I hope Blake's ball sack heals up quickly. I am frankly amazed that the revolving door of near league minimum guys are so effective under this coaching regime. But to compete with teams the likes of Boston and Washington, I think we are just too thin right now. Setting tree aside, we are down 5 starters. Damn. Could be a rough road trip. Then the Wild, who are red hot right now. But the compete in the team continues to be exceptional. Well done, boys.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great to take care of business in front of the home town fans with a depleted roster. Nice xmas present. Helle makes goalieing look easy, while BSD makes goalieing very exciting to watch, especially with some wild rebounds. But he got the job done and that's all you ask of the backup. Solid game.

Josh Norrissey is off the charts and top of his game defensively, offensively, creativity, IQ, execution. I imagine that Maurice and Huddy had to work together in tandem to hold him down and keep as much of his exceptional talent hidden as possible. Even then, we would see signs of it leak out during games. I imagine they would show him the tape after the games, tell him to stop being so damn good, follow the system to back up deep and let the other team shoot like crazy.

This injury stint is rough. I hope Blake's ball sack heals up quickly. I am frankly amazed that the revolving door of near league minimum guys are so effective under this coaching regime. But to compete with teams the likes of Boston and Washington, I think we are just too thin right now. Setting tree aside, we are down 5 starters. Damn. Could be a rough road trip. Then the Wild, who are red hot right now. But the compete in the team continues to be exceptional. Well done, boys.

It's kind of nuts to think how much they were suppressing Josh given his current play.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
A bit happier with Big Save Dave over the past few weeks.

Still gives me Pavelec flashbacks at times though, and that is the most unforgivable thing any goalie can do.

I've said it before, but he looks so much like Helly over the last couple games. His play and even his mannerisms. I guess that would be a natural tendency though.

Reactions: Stumbledore

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I don't think coaching is the central issue. They are young and their D isn't very good. Entering the season I had them outside the playoffs with 85-90 points and I think that estimate still looks reasonable. They just need more talent, particularly on D.
Their coach is pretty bad, IMHO. They also have the double whammy of injuries to key players.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah I have no idea where this came from with Josh lol.

I mean he showed it in juniors but there are countless examples of players never translating it to the NHL. To have a breakout this big this late in his career is very rare, but we absolutely love it and needed it.

To be fair he really was never allowed to try to translate under Moe. Maurice loved his shut down guy in JoMo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad