Post-Game Talk: Sniffly Jets 5 Brady Led Punching Bags 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’m a bit ticked off at Rittich..I had us at 5-2 but he stopped 35/36..
Awesome teamwork..better passing..
All lines getting fired up..
Stungun and Gagme were welcome surprises..
Lots of seconds on Winner-winner KFC dinner going on and the new 2022 Norrisey rally version on display.
Scheiff giving on-bench tutelage to new kids and a 4th line channeling their inner Swede. Even a Swedish goalie watching careful from the bench..
Great stuff.
We’ll need it for the Caps.
Is stenlund stun gun?
So much depth!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
xGoals does not align with the eyetest on this one and it's obvious why. Ottawa gives up lots of cross ice passes and passes from behind the net into the slot that generally don't look that dangerous to the models and they generate a lot of "banging away at the pads" type "shot attempts" that pump those numbers up but don't have a realistic chance of going in.

Best example, Connor's goal off of Morrissey's cross ice pass into an empty net was worth 0.04 xG whereas that "flurry" late in the 3rd with Batherson weakly trying to bang and the puck into the pads while having his stick checked was worth 0.49 xG lol

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I felt that the Jets forwards had Talbots number all night - mainly by getting in his grill.

godzilla-burning-godzilla.gif

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets played great tonight, with a lot of jump, and high energy. The biggest difference I see over last years team, is Bowness is utilizing the defenseman as offensive weapons, and it's paying off bigtime in spades. Morrissey is one of the teams leading scorers, and I believe in the Top 40 of all NHLrs in scoring. You have to wonder why Maurice couldn't see this ?

I'm also liking the play of Stenlund, and Axel. That Axel really hustles out there, and makes things happen. I see him becoming a regular with the Jets, and I believe he has 2 points in his last 3 games, including a goal. Way to go Jets !!!

Oh yeah, backup Goaltender Rittich played very well -- good to see.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Scheif's re-emergence has been a very pleasant surprise, and what the jets needed to be a playoff team again.

JoMo's ascendance to a top 5 D-Man in the league has been shocking to me, and what the Jets needed to become true contenders. It's not just the points, he's playing with a supreme confidence and swagger.

I always figured he'd be a quality top-pairing D-man, but by definition there are 64 top-pairing D-men in the league.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Bowness pissed in his post game press conference. Saying Jets gave up too much due to poor puck management and got away with certain things that they won't be able to against next 2 teams.

Good thing he didn't post in on HFJets or some would be calling him for being "negative" and "nitpicky" :sarcasm:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Reading solid reviews on the heinola and Dillon pairing.
Any thoughts?

Not bad, Heinola split time with Dillon and Samberg. I thought Heinola looked more comfortable with Samberg than Dillon, but they struggled changing positions along the blue line with both being lefties. I thought it was a pretty quiet game from Heinola considering how actively the Sens were shooting from anywhere. I didn't see anything to suggest he's not ready to make the jump.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After nodding off sometime during the second period, I managed to wake up to watch the third period, so that's my win for tonight...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Of course, now I'm not tired, so maybe I'll do a bit of skeet surfing...

giphy.gif

What? You've never heard of skeet surfing? You guys need to stay abreast of the latest fads you know...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Bruins has now been posted and is ready for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up for a GDT. If I can do them, so can you! There are plenty of games to choose from, including the one against Boston...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Bowness pissed in his post game press conference. Saying Jets gave up too much due to poor puck management and got away with certain things that they won't be able to against next 2 teams.

Good thing he didn't post in on HFJets or some would be calling him for being "negative" and "nitpicky" :sarcasm:
well if bowness was an hf poster he would be calling out the jets in every media availability he had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad