Smurfs and Patches score! Bruins humiliated 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Puck over glass, penalty every time no matter what. Even in OT in the playoffs. Punching a guy in the face over and over, while he's just standing there not doing anything. No penalty, this is playoff hockey baby!

:biglaugh:

It kills me when the fantasy trips, hooking and diving get called but the gratuitous blows to the head dont. Any attemp at a players head needs two IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
here's some of the weapons they confiscated on the way into Gilette stadium

LaEk5JI.jpg

the rusty meat cleaver is my favourite

To think that so many Habs fans were at the game.

They reported that the car containing the above arsenal, was parked in front of Gillette Stadium, right before the game. The more disturbing part -- it was found in an employee parking section. Turns out, he isn't a stadium employee. But since this is a sports site, we'll make a mental note that the stadium's employee parking is a free-for-all. :sarcasm:

The cops were called when complaints were made about the guy acting suspiciously and that's when his stash was found, at 11:00 AM.

The car's owner had been kicked out of a motel inn the day before (how unruly must your behavior be for that to happen, lol).

Bromson is charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct, possession of an electric stun gun and three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon.

Foxboro Police said the assault charges were due to Bromson’s “actions and words with an object that caused three witnesses to be in fear for their safety.”

(...)

Bromson, who police say was drunk during the New Year’s Day incident, is believed to be living out of his car.

So, a drunk guy with all that weaponry, what could possibly go wrong.

As for the rusted cleaver ... well, just confirms that the guy is living in his car. :sarcasm:

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I've seen enough Habs who can't and shouldn't fight get rocked big time in recent years.
Beaulieu got rocked this year and looked horrible his next game out.
Tinordi got severly hammered and could have jeopardized his career.
Moen, Parros etc. Prust was the only guy I wasn't afraid would get himself killed.
Eller pshaw...
There is a time and a place for a good scuffle but that wasn't it and Eller wasn't the guy.
How about **** you Bruins three guys having run Eller on the final shift because you lost the board game to him all night long you bunch of turds.

As I said he plays hard between the whistles and is strong, he held the guy with his gloves one which requires more strenght. Im pretty sure he could fare well in a fight he is strong and has good balance. Just sad he looked like a sissy right there.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Eller gave Montreal a ton of momentum by fighting Hayes. :sarcasm:

It's kinda funny when I see this type of argument with concern to fighting. Both teams engage in the fight so no matter what good play happens after the fact you can argue a direct correlation.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
You better make sure you're right if you're going to make such a condescending post.

Here is a question from a reporter after the game :
Reporter : "Michel, earlier this week in tampa bay, you gave max pacioretty a chance to shoot in the shootout and he said he was really struggling, he was shocked to get that chance, how do you feel he has reacted since having that opportunity to win the game and how much pressure you feel has come off his shoulders ?"

Michel Therrien : "Well, he's a player, first of all, Patch I got a lot of confidence in him, like tonight, the fact that Gallagher was back, they got so much success this season, putting those 3 guys together. And we already started planning that in their last game in the 3rd period, I don't know if you noticed, but we put Plekanec with Patch and I got a good feeling that Gallagher was going to be there for today, so we set the table for Gally's comeback."
Yep, MT couldn't wait to put them back together. Perfect accurate wording. Zero bias. Just going by what MT said. So I stopped reading your post after that since I just assumed it was going to be wrong like that first part of your post. :)

Dude, the argument wasn't that Therrien didn't want Gallagher playing with Pacioretty and Plekanec. The argument is that you claimed that Therrien couldn't wait to break up that line, which is not at all what the Therrien quote suggests.

Therrien inserted Plekanec back to his rightful position only when Desharnais's failure as a number 1 center had become all the more ridiculous in the Lightning game and the first and second periods of the Panthers game. If we believe, Therrien (his lie about Galchenyuk's request to play wing makes him untrustworthy here), sure, he wanted to reunite the original first line. But Therrien's history as a Habs coach suggests that had the Max - Deshairnais - Wiese line not been awful--had they been offensively threatening and successful, he wouldn't have broken them up in the third period of a game we desperately needed goals in to win.

He broke up the line because even he couldn't rationalize leaving them together anymore. It was a stupid and costly move to do so in the first place, and he only broke them up when he had very little choice but to do so.

Capitaine Subban*

You get punched in the face. You don't act like a punching bag. You show up some courage, you answer the bell and you punch back. You try to show some sense of honor and some pride, and you man up.

It was shameful.

:handclap: Yep Eller did look like a ***** there

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
poor guy sounds like a ****** xmas - seriously you have to be a major **** disturber to get kicked our of a hotel :laugh:

You're not kidding. Guys like him don't make it to hotels.

It was a motel that he got kicked out of. And the bar is pretty low at those places, where they typically let in a lot of shady characters who manage not to get kicked out. How out-of-it was this guy?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Even though goonery, and possibly fighting, may be on the way out it isn't out yet. Eller definitely needed to man up, throw a punch or two at least. Stick up for yourself and show the Ruins you will not turn the other cheek.

I still say to this day if whichever one of the Sedins it was had hauled off and decked Marchand when he was slapping their face that the Canucks would have won the cup that year. After Sedin did nothing that was it, the whole team was emasculated and had no chance at winning the cup.
Except that the score was 4-1 and the game was already well in hand when the Bruins tried to spark something for themselves. Absolutely no point in fighting them. The game was already won.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I don't agree at all but not at all.

It's hockey. Not boxing. I have no problem with guys fighting after a cheap shot or something but there was ABSOLUTELY no reason for Eller to drop there. Not at all. We were leading and the Bruins were frustrated. Eller had his first great shift of the game and did nothing remotely physical on that shift outside of winning puck battle. Hayes wanted to create momentum by fighting and Eller would have been dumb to answer to that.
Whats a joke is giving Eller a fighting major. I remember Barnaby used to goad players all the time into fights then turtle. The refs would give the attacker a 5 for fighting and Barnaby would be laughing on the bench.

Eller never even tried to fight or instigate but he gets the same minutes. NHL is a disgrace in the officiating of games compared to other sports they can't even use their brains to figure out how to properly officiate a game.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Whats a joke is giving Eller a fighting major. I remember Barnaby used to goad players all the time into fights then turtle. The refs would give the attacker a 5 for fighting and Barnaby would be laughing on the bench.

Eller never even tried to fight or instigate but he gets the same minutes. NHL is a disgrace in the officiating of games compared to other sports they can't even use their brains to figure out how to properly officiate a game.

The refs ****ed up. Eller didn't even deserved a 2 minute. Never dropped his gloves, didn't throw a single punch.

The call on the ice was 4 minutes each for roughing. Hayes clearly dropped his glove and threw punches at Eller, anyways, didn't change the outcome of the game.

NHL refs are the worst in professional sports.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...NHL officials do it all the time; one guy starts pounding on another guy who doesn't even take his gloves off, throw a punch, or anything and they both get fighting majors, once in a Blue Moon the guy who did the pounding gets an Instigator...and their excuse is always "the game was almost over and we were just trying to maintain order and get the job done"...blah, blah, blah...idiots...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The refs ****ed up. Eller didn't even deserved a 2 minute. Never dropped his gloves, didn't throw a single punch.

The call on the ice was 4 minutes each for roughing. Hayes clearly dropped his glove and threw punches at Eller, anyways, didn't change the outcome of the game.

NHL refs are the worst in professional sports.

Bush league and why a lot of Americans see it like the XFL or Monster Truck level of sports.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Wasnt Tinordi benched the last time he fought?
Yes, a fight where he punched up to defend the captain of the team.

Yet Torrey Mitchell fights ( well if you want to call it that) a career AHL player on day 1 coming off IR and that is peachy.

I thought Tinordi played well in the 2 games, but it seems the writing on the wall, a SAH D whose big and brings a modicum of grit has an uber short leash and likely isnt in the teams future ( barring injury). Its a shame. Hes not a superstar but hes a good cheap 5-6 and I hope he gets a chance somewhere if its not in montreal.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Say what you want, if you've ever been on a bench, you know the kind of vibe it sends to the team when you see one of your teammates bend over and turtle in front of an opponent without even trying. It's a loser attitude from one of the biggest losers to have donned this jersey in recent years.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
All I heard from my co workers that were Bruins fans was that the Bruins just didn't come to play, and they handed us the game. Nothing about being totally dominated by a better team. The wheel of excuses just keeps coming.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Ya, the non-fighter who had facial fractures should be fighting after a game is over for no reason at all.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Say what you want, if you've ever been on a bench, you know the kind of vibe it sends to the team when you see one of your teammates bend over and turtle in front of an opponent without even trying. It's a loser attitude from one of the biggest losers to have donned this jersey in recent years.

This post along with all your others in this thread tells us everything we need to know.
You just want Eller to get beat which is exactly what would have happened had he fought.
The last time we tried fighting these idiots we lost two fn forwards on one play. :rant:

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

[mod]

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Maybe like in Europe?

Fighting is hardly tolerated in even today's NHL game. It's silly to expect a guy who doesn't fight to drop the gloves with a 3 goal lead late in a hockey game. Especially when you consider how his coach often seems less than thrilled when a lot of the players do end up fighting.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Maybe like in Europe?

Fighting is hardly tolerated in even today's NHL game. It's silly to expect a guy who doesn't fight to drop the gloves with a 3 goal lead late in a hockey game. Especially when you consider how his coach often seems less than thrilled when a lot of the players do end up fighting.

I'm a strong believer in 'answering the bell' when you've got the frame and strenght of a Eller. What type of message does it send to a Subban who ends up having to wash his dirty laundry by himself vs Scrubby McKenzy after a dirty hit ? That his team is made of a bunch of smurfs and sissies, that won't even dare protecting themselves nor their star players. And if I recall MT didn't go all out benching Subban or blaming him for fighting, he backed him up. Do you seriously think MT would be pissed off losing Eller (one of the least used forwards) in a fight ? What worse for Eller ? Having his ice time reduced to under 10 mins ? Or looking like a sissy who won't even drop his gloves to defend himself, turtling and begging for the refs to do something, in front of millions of viewers ? Show some cajones for sakes, hold on for dear life but at least drop 'em. *****slap Semin is now tougher than Eller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad