Smurfs and Patches score! Bruins humiliated 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Has he ever been in a fight? In his entire career? What was more pitiful than him not fighting, was the ref and and linesmen just standing there expecting a non-fighter to fight when he didn't want to. An absolute joke of an officiating job. Shameful.

This + 1000

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You get punched in the face. You don't act like a punching bag. You show up some courage, you answer the bell and you punch back. You try to show some sense of honor and some pride, and you man up.

It was shameful.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
You get punched in the face. You don't act like a punching bag. You show up some courage, you answer the bell and you punch back. You try to show some sense of honor and some pride, and you man up.

It was shameful.
Agreed. Eller looked like a sissy. Plays hard between the whistles but is soft as butter after the play. He looked like a Sedin without an ounce of their talent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agreed. Eller looked like a sissy. Plays hard between the whistles but is soft as butter after the play. He looked like a Sedin without an ounce of their talent.

I've seen enough Habs who can't and shouldn't fight get rocked big time in recent years.
Beaulieu got rocked this year and looked horrible his next game out.
Tinordi got severly hammered and could have jeopardized his career.
Moen, Parros etc. Prust was the only guy I wasn't afraid would get himself killed.
Eller pshaw...
There is a time and a place for a good scuffle but that wasn't it and Eller wasn't the guy.
How about **** you Bruins three guys having run Eller on the final shift because you lost the board game to him all night long you bunch of turds.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've seen enough Habs who can't and shouldn't fight get rocked big time in recent years.
Beaulieu got rocked this year and looked horrible his next game out.
Tinordi got severly hammered and could have jeopardized his career.
Moen, Parros etc. Prust was the only guy I wasn't afraid would get himself killed.
Eller pshaw...
There is a time and a place for a good scuffle but that wasn't it and Eller wasn't the guy.
How about **** you Bruins three guys having run Eller on the final shift because you lost the board game to him all night long you bunch of turds.

Fighting is on the decline for a reason and Habs are getting rocked cause they'd much rather focus on talent and speed. Of course, it's all good and dandy if the league would simply enforce its rules, which as we all know, is not done consistently, so goonery will always be part of the game.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Has he ever been in a fight? In his entire career? What was more pitiful than him not fighting, was the ref and and linesmen just standing there expecting a non-fighter to fight when he didn't want to. An absolute joke of an officiating job. Shameful.

The only time anyone should be expected to fight is if they're in a fight for their life. We aren't cavemen, why are people expected to resort in violence to protect their manhood. I have nothing against you, but that was a dumb comment.

Yup. I have to agree. No reason at all to fight.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

It was shameful.

So better to flail wildly (since I don't think Eller knows how to properly fight), get destroyed and injured and out for some games, all in the name for manhood and pride? Because there is a much greater chance of that than him holding his own if he doesn't know how to fight. Would that be okay with you? Would that be the proper thing for him to do when there is no other reason for fighting other than pride?

Nynja*

It was shameful.

The neanderthals are at the Bruins boards, go post that garbage there

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If there's nothing to gain by fighting, don't fight. Simple as that.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Fighting is on the decline for a reason and Habs are getting rocked cause they'd much rather focus on talent and speed. Of course, it's all good and dandy if the league would simply enforce its rules, which as we all know, is not done consistently, so goonery will always be part of the game.

Not sure that I agree with this maxim anymore. Not after the changes I've seen the past two years as well as serious concussion-related lawsuits in the pipeline against the NHL and NFL. Both of these are watershed events that counter that maxim. Fast-forward a few years, this could change even more under a different commissioner.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Refs were trying to add to the show by letting that bullcrap go on. It was obvious Eller wanted nothing to do with that fight. Looked bad on him but worse on the refs. It was gross really.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Was pitiful to watch Eller turtle and act like a pansy though. Say what you want about useless violence or I don't know what, this was a loser attitude and a pathetic display. If you don't want to defend yourself, defend the jersey at the very least. You pathetic excuse of a man.

Sick post brah.
Man up or get rekt amirite?!

10/10 would read again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure that I agree with this maxim anymore. Not after the changes I've seen the past two years as well as serious concussion-related lawsuits in the pipeline against the NHL and NFL. Both of these are watershed events that counter that maxim. Fast-forward a few years, this could change even more under a different commissioner.

I didn't say goonery was integral to the game or that they weren't trying to eradicate it.

Merely that there are rules to deal with it but they are not being consistently applied.

It's not a maxim, but an undesirable outcome. The concussion issues are forcing the league's hand, no question.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

So anybody that refuses to engage in a meaningless fight despite being baited is a sissy?
Some here seem to have a serious inferiority complex..
Who freaking cares man..Eller has never fought..there is zero purpose to this other than satisfy weird fans.
What's funny is I'm sure all the fans criticizing him are the same ones who'd make fun of him for dropping the gloves and looking like Semin.

Did you ever think for a second that Eller was at the end of a shift? Guys like Prust even refuse fight invites because they're tired from a full shift. Or you know..maybe he's not a total moron and actually cares about the possible consequences of getting into a fist fight on ice.
So of you guys talk like these are virtual players in a video game.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

It was shameful.
Only thing shameful was the Bruins starting crap in a game they'd been thoroughly outclassed in. That's the Boston way. If a guy doesn't want to start in some staged fight that's up to him. Absolutely zero reason for him to have gotten a penalty for it.

Boston's done this over and over again and we always decline. It drives them crazier and then we beat the crap out of them on the scoreboard. I see zero reason to deviate from this strategy. As for Julien, he can go jump in the lake with his goon tactics.

We had nothing to gain here. The Bs were trying to start crap and there was zero reason to engage them. And it should've resulted in a PP for us but that's a different story.
Couldn't care less about a player being soft between the whistle esp if he plays hard between them. Get your priorities straight.

The game has evolved and the cavemen have been left behind. Deal with it folks.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

It was shameful.
There is a very fine line there...most would disagree with you...no right or wrong, but the situation dictates, I think Eller was good to do what he did...
The only place I see for a fight any more, is to defend a team-mate from a dirty hit, it could charge the group so to speak, other than that fighting is illegal, so why at that point would Eller fight?
Bruins are the Bruins, no one ever does this to them, but I wouldn't mind the Flyers creaming a Crychee or Bergeron just to see what would happen? ;)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Actions speak louder than words. One guy has his gloves off and is attempting to punch, while the other has gloves on and is holding on.

In the eyes of the officials, this constitutes equal penalties for both players. That is not exactly discouraging the goon tactics.

However, I will concede that the league is making progress on their concussion issue (with still a long way to go), but goonery and concussions aren't necessarily the same thing.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Even though goonery, and possibly fighting, may be on the way out it isn't out yet. Eller definitely needed to man up, throw a punch or two at least. Stick up for yourself and show the Ruins you will not turn the other cheek.

I still say to this day if whichever one of the Sedins it was had hauled off and decked Marchand when he was slapping their face that the Canucks would have won the cup that year. After Sedin did nothing that was it, the whole team was emasculated and had no chance at winning the cup.

Nynja*

yo guy Hayes rekt Eller and Eller being a total puss played right into the B's hands and gave them all da momentum. Eller is such a pansy and him not fighting let the Bruins get back in the game. Chek dis goal by the Bruins after the fight, this is all Eller's fault for not fighting.
[NHL]2015020565-777-h[/NHL]

sick goal by Boston that got them in the game, a momentum changing fight!!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Even though goonery, and possibly fighting, may be on the way out it isn't out yet. Eller definitely needed to man up, throw a punch or two at least. Stick up for yourself and show the Ruins you will not turn the other cheek.

I still say to this day if whichever one of the Sedins it was had hauled off and decked Marchand when he was slapping their face that the Canucks would have won the cup that year. After Sedin did nothing that was it, the whole team was emasculated and had no chance at winning the cup.

There's a couple ways of looking at it. The way I saw it, sedin was doing a good thing because Marchand surely had taken a penalty and he was not retaliating. A powerplay was going to be his reward. Except it wasn't.

It's the type of stuff that just adds fuel to the conspiracy theorists, and its not necessary.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There's a couple ways of looking at it. The way I saw it, sedin was doing a good thing because Marchand surely had taken a penalty and he was not retaliating. A powerplay was going to be his reward. Except it wasn't.

It's the type of stuff that just adds fuel to the conspiracy theorists, and its not necessary.

Puck over glass, penalty every time no matter what. Even in OT in the playoffs. Punching a guy in the face over and over, while he's just standing there not doing anything. No penalty, this is playoff hockey baby!

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad