Smackdown Live Part 20: The Phenomenal Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only issue here is if your going to keep DB face then essentially would that not be a slight turn for Sami and Kevin as well.... I think we are all in some what of an agreement that DB is going to help KO and SZ win the match so they don't get fired and stick it to Shane...... So for that to to happen and DB stay face then i don't think Sami and Kevin could stay heel or am i missing something.

You’d just start shifting the focus and then put KO/Sami into a tag feud or something.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How isn't Rusev a massive star yet?
He is to me, I love Rusev

He will because Shane has become a heel. DB will stay face in all of this.
It will be interesting that a face GM will help a couple heals and the heel Commish uses faces. I am curious if this will in turn make Sami & KO faces by association and turn Nak and Orton into heels. Because let's be honest, beating up 2 guys after a match is a heel tactic too.

Lol that promo by the women... Good god. Ruby was ok, but the rest? Horrible. I didn't even understand 90% of what Sarah Logan said.

Am conflicted rn

that said if everything she says could be badly captioned live, that would be amazing

its weird. but i hope it becomes a thing.
we never understands what she says..
I am just going to lump all the Sarah Logan stuff together.

First that subtitled video was hilarious.

Second, everything Sarah said was supposed to be gibberish, they want her to come off as a crazy backwoods redneck and she is nailing it.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Max Landis' tweets on the main SD story is pretty good.

24796725_10159902708570722_8782000019734027763_n.jpg

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Smackdown Live. The storylines are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical booking most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also KO's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Smackdown Live truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in AJ's existential catchphrase "Too Sweet," which itself is a cryptic reference to NJPW's Bullet Club. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Shane McMahon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sarah is getting ridiculous scripting based on what Vince McMahon thinks a backwoods Kentuckian talks like. No different than any other character who calls victim to his stereotyping.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It has been 5 months since the WWE title main evented a PPV, and it might not main event Clash.

That is pathetic.
Nah. What's pathetic is your attempt to spin that into something that has meaning when it really doesn't.

There's only a single show in that timeframe where you can make an argument that the title should have gone on last, but I think it's more than reasonable to argue that the match that did go on last was the correct choice.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nah. What's pathetic is your attempt to spin that into something that has meaning when it really doesn't.

There's only a single show in that timeframe where you can make an argument that the title should have gone on last, but I think it's more than reasonable to argue that the match that did go on last was the correct choice.

The biggest title in the company has not main evented a show in months. That is pathetic. There is no spin.

This includes Summerslam where the new red belt main evented instead.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The reality is that the Raw title is on the same level as the Smackdown one. That's how it is now, it's how it's going to be (or at least that's the aim of it). Summerslam had the bigger match (Lesnar 4-way) on last, with Smackdown second last. That's how it should have been. Survivor Series had the 5v5 match, which is how it should have been. The Raw PPVs, unsurprisingly, didn't feature the Smackdown title.

The single Smackdown show in that time frame was Hell in a Cell, where the Owens vs Shane match went on last. You can make the argument that Shane wrestling is a bigger occasion, so is fine to go on last. And with how the match ended with Zayn it made for a far better ending of the show too. So I'd have put that match on last over the title match every time, at the very least you have to agree that there is an argument for which match to go with.

So yeah, your complaint really is silly when you actually look at the cards that have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad