WWE: Smackdown Live part 15 -- WELLNESS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You guys need to stop acting like your complaints about Jinder being champion were willfully ignored. This isn't Vince being out of touch with the times, this is Vince deciding that he wants an Indian champion to appeal India. They knew this won't go over well in North America and simply did not care.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
You guys need to stop acting like your complaints about Jinder being champion were willfully ignored. This isn't Vince being out of touch with the times, this is Vince deciding that he wants an Indian champion to appeal India. They knew this won't go over well in North America and simply did not care.

If anything, it's short term.

People always complain about WWE pushing the same people. And when they try something new(which Mahal certainly fits), they'll still complain. Especially the steroid thing(though i'm sure it is somewhat true)as he doesn't look that vastly different than he was in NXT. Compared to 3MB? Sure.

It's all about appealing to India and Mahal is at least decent. This isn't Great Khali for god sakes. Mahal should be in the position of Owens right now as US champ but that's WWE for you.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If anything, it's short term.

People always complain about WWE pushing the same people. And when they try something new(which Mahal certainly fits), they'll still complain. Especially the steroid thing(though i'm sure it is somewhat true)as he doesn't look that vastly different than he was in NXT. Compared to 3MB? Sure.

It's all about appealing to India and Mahal is at least decent. This isn't Great Khali for god sakes. Mahal should be in the position of Owens right now as US champ but that's WWE for you.

No...I'm gonna have to say you're wrong here.

Here he was in NXT...

jinder-mahal-nxt-1494489397-800.jpg

Here he was at the end of August last year...

Fullscreen%2Bcapture%2B8302016%2B91549%2BAM.bmp.jpg

You..think that's even close to what he looks like now?

051_SD_04182017cm_0223-0173c8ed299533bcaf7186851e1d849e-620x400.jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, Jinder is roided to the gills. Pretty impressive "transformation" for such a short period of time. He's going to explode during his title reign anyways.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You don't transform like that in 6 months. You can diet and train however you like, but transformation doesn't happen like that in 6 months naturally (using 6 months as his February physique, which is similar to the way it is now).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

If they knew this wouldn't go over well in North America and didn't care, wouldn't that be a case to say they did willfully ignore the complaints about Jinder? I think everyone knew this was the route they were going with once it got out that Jinder was getting a push for India. lol

I just hope that whatever damage they do to their brand by doing this for the sole purpose of expanding their brand in a part-time place for them like India isn't going to stay with them too long. You look at the lineage of past WWE champions and none of them, the worst ones you could think of, were as bad in terms of overness as Jinder Mahal currently is. And hell, that title didn't have all that many really poor champions. The World title did sure but the WWE Title actually held up pretty well over the years. They've effectively ended that now. That's going to stick with them whether they see that or not.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they knew this wouldn't go over well in North America and didn't care, wouldn't that be a case to say they did willfully ignore the complaints about Jinder? I think everyone knew this was the route they were going with once it got out that Jinder was getting a push for India. lol

I just hope that whatever damage they do to their brand by doing this for the sole purpose of expanding their brand in a part-time place for them like India isn't going to stay with them too long. You look at the lineage of past WWE champions and none of them, the worst ones you could think of, were as bad in terms of overness as Jinder Mahal currently is. And hell, that title didn't have all that many really poor champions. The World title did sure but the WWE Title actually held up pretty well over the years. They've effectively ended that now. That's going to stick with them whether they see that or not.

You're right, that's what I meant to say. Was typing on a phone at the time.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im happy to post in more of a running-commentary style if people just wanna follow the thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad