Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

loppa*

I was not talking about alternatives here, the simple fact is that the club owes a huge amount of money to both players and coach. I fail to understand how are we even allowed to play. And also, is playing in a good league really that much better when our team is so weak? Another season of antihockey incoming. Can't wait.

I don't know specifics regarding that stuff, or about payments of any club, so, don't ask me.

I just want to see the team do well.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Oh my goodness. :laugh: I was feeling really sorry for MedveÅ¡čak fans when there was news about his try-out in Zagreb, and now this...

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I will always remember his "great" performance against France in 2014. The best part was him telling the fans to think about themselves after the game :laugh:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
30 minutes ago on medvescak's official page PR said he is on practice.... This is really confusing, are there 2 Vlach's :laugh:

EDIT : sorry, at that time facebook moderator was "unaware" that he signed with Slovan

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Continued bad press for Slovan. Netík is another former player (after Ružička and Brejčák) who came forward today saying he still hasn't been paid for one half of the previous season.

I heard that Slovan's plan is to pay their debts to the players for last season in installments of 5% per month, which would eventually erase their last-season debts to the players by 2017 or 2018 (I forget). :amazed: That's pretty embarrassing, and if they kicked Slovan out of the KHL because of that right now, no one could really complain. (The NHL likely wouldn't allow such a club to start a new season, without having paid all its debts from last season in full before the puck drops in the new season.)

Also, Slovan parted ways with Ölvecký today, after 3 seasons. Looks like Říha didn't like him too much? :amazed:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Continued bad press for Slovan. Netík is another former player (after Ružička and Brejčák) who came forward today saying he still hasn't been paid for one half of the previous season.

I heard that Slovan's plan is to pay their debts to the players for last season in installments of 5% per month, which would eventually erase their last-season debts to the players by 2017 or 2018 (I forget). :amazed: That's pretty embarrassing, and if they kicked Slovan out of the KHL because of that right now, no one could really complain. (The NHL likely wouldn't allow such a club to start a new season, without having paid all its debts from last season in full before the puck drops in the new season.)

Also, Slovan parted ways with Ölvecký today, after 3 seasons. Looks like Říha didn't like him too much? :amazed:

Few days ago i saw a spot in TV, where was a short interview with Riha. The point of that was, that current players have still headache from salary issues. Also new ones. But Riha after that said, in the last few days is the situation a little bit better...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Ha! A short while ago, I was paying at a local supermarket close to Slovan's stadium, and paying to the cashier just in front of me was (Czecho-)Slovak and Slovan legend Jozef Golonka, now aged 77. I got him to sign his autograph with his finger onto my iPhone (selfies are too trite, right?!):

Golonka-20150801.jpg

Oh, and as a true-blue hockey fan, I don't really care that his opinions are extremely unpopular nowadays. (Yes, Golonka seems to be a pal of the extremely unpopular and controversial Slovan owner, and he got into a public strife with Gáborík and others a few weeks ago.)

PS: It's not the first such famous sports victim I caught while shopping... I once also captured Olympic gold medalist in tennis, MiloÅ¡ Mečíř, at IKEA, and got him to sign his autograph for me on an IKEA paper measure-tape. :naughty:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Haha, nice catch! I would wipe my ass with it...

Not safe to do with an electronic device. Meanwhile, it's 22 days till season start, and KHL.ru is still sound asleep. As of right now, no game times in the games schedule:

http://www.khl.ru/calendar

... nor any possibility to purchase a webcast subscription for the new season:

http://video.khl.ru/page/subscription_page

They will probably leave it to the very last minute like last year, when the "early bird" opportunity for subscribers was open for like 2 or 3 days before the opening game of the season. You know, the "Russian way" of doing business. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad