Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
For next season, I'm especially optimistic if we finally get rid of certain notorious players (I don't need to spell it out, do I). There's just no place for "dead weight" on a bona fide play-off team. It can cost you dearly in these tense, hair's-breadth situations.

You mispelled Nagy and Bartovic

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Especially a certain (pardon my French) defenseman.

OK, so Slovan led CSKA 2-0 when going into the final period in Game 2. Slovan also led CSKA 1-0 when going into the final period in Game 3. And Slovan is right now also leading CSKA 1-0 prior to final period in Game 4.

Still, CSKA is leading 3-0 in games, and may well win tonight, too. And then HFBoards posters who never watched the games will be saying the same bull**** for years to come that they say about Slovan in the 2013 KHL play-offs, when Slovan supposedly got "swept" by eventual champions Dinamo Moscow, just because it was 4-0 in games. :shakehead Especially Games 2 & 3 back then were similarly close to those against CSKA this year. Slovan actually had real scoring chances in overtime of Game 2, but it was Dinamo who scored. Instead of 0-3, it could easily have been 2-1 for Slovan after 3 games. Just like this year...

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Just returned home, good 4 hrs drive. Loved the arena, great fans, easy to find parking space in nearby residential area.

It all started with a big mess, i think it was pretty much 7 or 8 or even more straight mins of CSKA pp, however Slovan was good in pk. Followed by a break out and nice snipe by Surovy. In the 2nd half of the game CSKA slowly but steadily killed Slovan, not only with goals but all over, systematic. It was hard for Slovan's boys to come out of their own zone, not to mention problems with entering CSKA's zone.

Radulov is a character. I got a feeling that all the whistles and boos fire him up even more. He's all over the place, that face and helmet position hehe. Easy to hate if he plays for opposing team but if you pay attention to his manners in hand shake line and also his clapping towards opposing fans, i think he appreciates and values things (remember last year when they chocked against SKA). His passion for hockey is undeniable and he shows big heart, love that guy, one of my fav players.

Brust is a character as well. His waving to Sorokin was hilarious. Was bummed that Slovan lost but this game was pretty much all CSKA.

Will be coming back for sure.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Just returned home, good 4 hrs drive. Loved the arena, great fans, easy to find parking space in nearby residential area.

It all started with a big mess, i think it was pretty much 7 or 8 or even more straight mins of CSKA pp, however Slovan was good in pk. Followed by a break out and nice snipe by Surovy. In the 2nd half of the game CSKA slowly but steadily killed Slovan, not only with goals but all over, systematic. It was hard for Slovan's boys to come out of their own zone, not to mention problems with entering CSKA's zone.

Radulov is a character. I got a feeling that all the whistles and boos fire him up even more. He's all over the place, that face and helmet position hehe. Easy to hate if he plays for opposing team but if you pay attention to his manners in hand shake line and also his clapping towards opposing fans, i think he appreciates and values things (remember last year when they chocked against SKA). His passion for hockey is undeniable and he shows big heart, love that guy, one of my fav players.

Brust is a character as well. His waving to Sorokin was hilarious. Was bummed that Slovan lost but this game was pretty much all CSKA.

Will be coming back for sure.

Very well said. Now he's become a father recently, I guess he will become even more mature and less monstrous. Though even as he is, Radulov is a great player and well, I don't know him personally of course but I believe he is not that annoying in real life. :laugh: It's about guts which Jokerit fans complained a lot about yesterday after the loss against Torpedo. Some guys bite their opponents and Radulov is one of them. In fact, while watching him, I sometimes find myself asking, how is this guy off ice? I mean, just think about Radulov receiving a penalty and his awesome "I will give you all painful, long deaths." look directed at referees.

Anyway, now the season is over for Slovan, I expect to see some good transfer news or at least something optimistic in here in near future. See you guys in next year, even in a better position!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Slovan put up a great fight and made it a pretty interesting series. CSKA was just too powerful, but the Slovakian guys have no reason to consider their season a failure.
Radulov is a true superstar. He plays with skill and heart, can't be intimidated and responds to the pressure well.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
respect to slovan team, respect to CSKA how they playes, and especially radulov..
he is just amazing, he cannot stand still, he moves all time, he is shaking to get the puck ;-)
we could see how happy CSKA was to win the games as it was such a tough fight..if the series is 3:1 for slovan now, they also cant complaint ;-)
shame now break is 6 months , luckily we go to st.petersburg for championship in may...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad