Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Jeglic, Tičar and Nedorost extend their contracts, also Svarny signs with Slovan according to Slovan's twitter account. Your team is starting to take shape guys.
looks good.
Cam Barker, Michal Sersen and Ivan Baranka are close for re-signing...
Barry Brust, Mislav Rosandič and Marek Viedenský are also rumoured to come
..shame that hudacek and netik did leave,.. i guess they didnt have the nerves to wait in that uncertain period about future...

loppa*

Jeglic, Tičar and Nedorost extend their contracts, also Svarny signs with Slovan according to Slovan's twitter account. Your team is starting to take shape guys.

I wonder if they can sign a third Slovenian guy...

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Or some would say a slovak, as he has dual citizenship and has been in Slovakia since he was ten years old, or so the slovak wikipedia says. He's not a product of the croatian hockey world at least...

Ok. :yo:

zamo86*

They would maybe consider him, problem is that he is under contract. Seems pretty decent though.

Jeglič, Tičar and Sabolič would turn some heads playing together on the same line. I expected him in Bratislava last year, but he ended up in Prague instead. Buying out his contract by Slovan is probably very unlikely.

loppa*

Jeglič, Tičar and Sabolič would turn some heads playing together on the same line. I expected him in Bratislava last year, but he ended up in Prague instead. Buying out his contract by Slovan is probably very unlikely.

Has Slovan done anything to try to get him?

loppa*

Well they should have. After all, all hockey teams do what internet message board posters recommend them to do! It's obvious all NHL GM's follow HFBoards Transaction Board very closely.

Damn dawg, they're slipping up big time!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Jeglič, Tičar and Sabolič would turn some heads playing together on the same line.

I think first two turned quite a few heads last year, even without Sabolic. Not sure if he really is such a necessary part of that line.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Well they should have. After all, all hockey teams do what internet message board posters recommend them to do! It's obvious all NHL GM's follow HFBoards Transaction Board very closely.

Well that still would not be that bad as our football league clubs' scouting. I am pretty much sure all teams search foreign players through Football Manager game's database and Youtube videos.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Pavol Skalický, Mislav Rosandič, and Patrik Bačík, Samuel Petráš
4 young 20 years old kids get a chance, i like this...first 2 contract 1 year, others take part the 2 months..

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Barker signed for 2015/2016.

Cam Barker? Urgh, are they going to hire an assistant for him to follow him to avoid the clubs? If they do they may get some talent but yeah not a fan.

Me neither. Total nonsense in my opinion, but whatever, I'm already used to this kind of logical moves by Slovan.

Is Barry Brust attracting high dollars these days? Garnett is a top end goalie for european leagues. Brust is not, IMO. Brust was not that good in NA. Hope they aren't blowing the budget on him for sure.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What can I say, I stand corrected. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but apparently it does to some people in hockey world (see also: Dallas Stars).

Is Barry Brust attracting high dollars these days? Garnett is a top end goalie for european leagues. Brust is not, IMO. Brust was not that good in NA. Hope they aren't blowing the budget on him for sure.

Garnett and Brust are at nearly same level at this point, performance-wise. Money-wise, all Garnett is probably still more expensive but just because of reputation from his glory days back in the past. Nevertheless, Brust is proven KHL commodity and those don't come very cheap, at least 10 KHL teams could use him as a starter at this point.

Also, Brust wasn't THAT good in NA, but his achievements in the AHL are far greater than Garnett's and he had an AHL career many goalies playing in Europe can only dream off. Calder Cup, twice an All-Star and all that.

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Cam Barker? Urgh, are they going to hire an assistant for him to follow him to avoid the clubs? If they do they may get some talent but yeah not a fan.

Brust has been pretty good last 2 seasons in the KHL, he can't be cheap. Definitely not for us. It's always nice to have 2 good goalies, but who's gonna play up in front?? Viedensky and Spirko may be solid additions but I still find our offense pretty mediocre. And I would rather not mention defense, that seems like a total tragedy to me.

loppa*

Brust has been pretty good last 2 seasons in the KHL, he can't be cheap. Definitely not for us. It's always nice to have 2 good goalies, but who's gonna play up in front?? Viedensky and Spirko may be solid additions but I still find our offense pretty mediocre. And I would rather not mention defense, that seems like a total tragedy to me.

A good goalie quickly becomes not so good when there is a poor defense. :/

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Also, Brust wasn't THAT good in NA, but his achievements in the AHL are far greater than Garnett's and he had an AHL career many goalies playing in Europe can only dream off. Calder Cup, twice an All-Star and all that.

I don't know what Holden Caulfield was smoking, especially as a fellow LA Kings fan. Brust had an outstanding career overseas, except for the NHL. At the time Brust joined the Kings, it was such an atrocious team not even Brodeur could have saved it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad