Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I knew there was chance judging by how things were looking after season.. luckily that chance got proven now as it actually capitalized. Well, what's the last time I didint know things... :cool: :smoke:

Great to have Slovan in. Actually it means more than you'd first think one team can mean.

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Great to have you guys still in the league! Now I can still enjoy my KHL hockey one hour away from Vienna :D
Will guys like Sersen and Baranka extend their contracts? Since I can recall someone in the old thread saying they want to stay if you guys continue in the KHL. They would be pretty important for you since you don't have a single defenseman under contract.

loppa*

No info yet. There are only 7 players with a contract:

Denis Godla, Milan Bartovič, Matt Murley, Ladislav Nagy, Peter Ölvecký, Dominik Rehák, Andrej Å ťastný.

What about the pair of Slovenians?

Great to have you guys still in the league! Now I can still enjoy my KHL hockey one hour away from Vienna :D

If an average fan wants to go from Viena to Bratislava and back, without driving, what would the best way be? Busing, or Train? And do give me some details on this. I know it might be a bit off topic, but, still, I'd appreciate it if someone can answer this.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
What about the pair of Slovenians?

If an average fan wants to go from Viena to Bratislava and back, without driving, what would the best way be? Busing, or Train? And do give me some details on this. I know it might be a bit off topic, but, still, I'd appreciate it if someone can answer this.
jiga jeglic & rok ticar told weeks ago they like to stay if KHL is continued, so we will see...
there is direct train vienna main station hauptbahnhof to bratislava main station, takes around 1 hour 5 minutes, every 2 hours departure.
last departure from BA back is 22:43 (arrive vienna 23:48) which is good to catch for evening games (start usually 19:00)...BA main station is about 2 1/2 km away from arena, bus is going there,.. or if you walk about 25 minutes :)
...but as i live in a suburb southwest of vienna, as well my parents by law live close to the arena, we always go by car- takes me total 1:15 compared to minimum 2 1/4 hours by public transport - and i know exactly where to get easy parking close to arena:)

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria

Train is the best way with public transportation and the easiest way to get there as a average fan, like geri said you need about 1 hour. You can go by car but if you don't know where to park you could have a bad time, so train is pretty much the best option, and it's more relaxing than driving by car. It's very convenient aswell since the bus to the arena starts from the central railway station aswell, bus drive is about 10 minutes. The ticket costs 15€ and includes the train from Vienna to Bratislava and back from Bratislava to Vienna, plus the ticket for the train acts as a day ticket for public transportation on the day of the arrival, so it's pretty cheap considering what you get for the price thanks to the agreement the austrian and slovakian federal railways have to improve tourism to Slovakia. Trains go every two hours and the last one from Bratislava to Vienna is at 22:43 perfect for the evening games like geri said.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Rock N Roll! :yo:

Roster?

From new guys there is talk about Marek Viedensky, Milan Jurcina, Ivan Svarny and Rastislav Spirko.

New head couch should be Miroslav Kyhos.

According to GM Maros "The Taxidriver" Krajci, the team will be at least so strong as last season.
What actually isn't any great news. :) Slovan was very bad last season.

Reway

Jun 11, 2009
Slovakia
Barry Brust, Michael Garnett, Marek Viedensky, Rastislav Spirko, Ivan Svarny, Milan Jurcina...all of them rumored to Slovan

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Also, Svarny is not much better than Jurcina. I don't believe we can make the PO with defense consisting of players like them.

At least, he can play his game without serious deffects which isn't the case of Jurčina. I would not mind having him as a 6th or 7th defender.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
There should, at long last, be official news, perhaps even a press conference, today, Wednesday, 1st July 2015.

Still no information, as of this minute, on the line-up, and season tickets still cannot be bought! :amazed:

I hope that given the disaster of the previous season, season ticket prices will drop significantly. I would find anything over €400 for the cheapest season tickets (for new purchasers) obscene.

The season ticket price increase between Slovan's KHL seasons 1 and 3 was obscene, although the team's performance went steadily downhill from season 1 to 3.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I thought Hudáček was officially gone to Sweden to join his goaltender brother's club there, so that KHL webpage doesn't seem reliable, although it says, "Updated July 1, 2015". Réway would be great for the crowd, of course.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
I thought Hudáček was officially gone to Sweden to join his goaltender brother's club there, so that KHL webpage doesn't seem reliable, although it says, "Updated July 1, 2015". Réway would be great for the crowd, of course.
yea would be great, but i also doubt it is correct..
i looked to jokerit, and moses was still there:)
anyway who knows... maybe hudacek stays if he had clause in contract for that situation? as he got nervous like netik and signed with other team:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad