GDT: Slovakia VS Czech republic

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs biggest weakeness would be our PK.. I'd honestly be okay if they shot a few pucks into the stands and put the Slovaks on the PP.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovaks with shot advantage... they've been better in 2nd to my eye.

Flek with a great chance.. and a save.lol Don't get me wrong, I love Flek but poor guy can't score.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I think the HF fans think Slovakia has a better chance against US.

Though this year the tournament is full of surprises I estimate USA stronger than Slovakia. But of course I can be mistaken and may be Slovakia proves me wrong. Finally, they beat Russia but it was at the beginning of the tournament. It's true Slovakia is very bad against Finland in the head-to-head matches. I don't know how it looks against USA.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
A. Musil was taken in top 100.. he's 24 now and has never really scored a lot at any level. Obviously good at draws and skating but I'm surprised there isn't more offence there. Him and David don't put up many points.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Though this year the tournament is full of surprises I estimate USA stronger than Slovakia. But of course I can be mistaken and may be Slovakia proves me wrong. Finally, they beat Russia but it was at the beginning of the tournament. It's true Slovakia is very bad against Finland in the head-to-head matches. I don't know how it looks against USA.
I could see them upsetting either. Lot of heart for this team and they play hard. you get into a quarter and everyone starts blockign shots, you shorten your bench a little.. anything can happen.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Sulak with 3 goals! He seemed a bit more invisible in the ibgger matches but a friendly derby and GB and the man comes alive!

I like how they've deployed him to be honest.. 3rd pair with a defensive guy. He's our Tyson Barrie.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Could the Czechs maybe have the most goal by dmen in this tournament?
We had a bunch of D goals against GB.

In general this is what our D is:

Hronek

The rest of the pool is indistinguishable. They're not bad and they all have their pluses and minuses for sure.. eg. Sulak can skate and Sustr is big. however, they are all a 6 out of 10 after Hronek who is a classic Czech D from a different generation (Spacek, Slegr, Hamrlik).

Book is still out on Hajek.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
For sure, I like him a lot. Yes, sometimes he do something stupid, but otherwise, he is that kind of player that every opponent hates.
Are you sure?lol

That's 2 straight goals that I'd hang directly on him.

He set up Stransky beautiful and he knocked into the stands for our last PP.

Nemo4

Jan 28, 2010
You guys sure you want Pospisil in your lineup?
Sure, what a star! One of the better Czechs today. Even better for Switzerland :laugh: He's a bum making stupid decisions and taking even more stupid penalties.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Haha, saving Hudacek for QF so he can be fresh allowing 3 goals in the first 10 minutes against USA. Guy is so overrated. Lantosi is another one, away from Cehlarik and Hrivik he is just no threat whatsoever.

Reactions: Nemo4 and Hemsky001

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So happy for Blumel.. Oil fan in the NHL!

He's been with this team since the first day of training camp which feels a million years ago.

I think he will eke out an NHL career as a very good bottom 6 player. Probably not for the Oil.

Really curious how AHL goes for him. He penalty kills, powerplays and is good at evens.

Definitely outperforming his draft position and a promising start. I don't think he'll ever be a star in the NHL but I do think a nice serviceable NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad