GDT: Slovakia VS Czech republic

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
They showed the bench leaving and it was Blumel, Zadina, Smejkal and A. Musil... all young guys. Very encouraging. Also Chytil as our 1C. Nice to see a young core for a game. Hajek on first pair as well.

Chytil is not playing unfortunately.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I´m afraid this will be super boring game, since both teams are already in. On the other hand, no injuries are needed before QFs. Excited to see Slafkovsky as a 1C, though.
Agreed.. no injuries.

Is Slaf a C naturally? What a nice bonus to the national team future if he is. Czechs tend to produce winger after winger.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not as bad as winning group A but getting rewarded with Canada in the qfs lol
I thougth Canada was winning that and would be in the quarters by the time this game started.

Am I the only one that is picturing that Germany vs Latvia game going to OT?lol

FTR.. I REALLY want a Canada vs Russia quarter.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Agreed.. no injuries.

Is Slaf a C naturally? What a nice bonus to the national team future if he is. Czechs tend to produce winger after winger.
He plays both, and he’s played C for national team. But I don’t think he’s natural C. As you can see his face off form is not very good :laugh:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Calm down, we are just avoiding Finland. Just don't get blown out today...
I agree avoiding them is ideal but US are damn good here... have a nice swagger and really good goalies.

Thursday will be awesome. Assuming Canada sneaks in I'm expecting at least 3 real good quarter games.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He plays both, and he’s played C for national team. But I don’t think he’s natural C. As you can see his face off form is not very good :laugh:
Thanks. I thought he was a winger. Big fan.. really hope it helps. Essentially, 1 or 2 NHL players a year and Slovaks will be right back where they belong! Anyone good in this draft? Our crop is not looking good.. Svozil dropped off to 16th in Europe and then Brabenec who is not a lock for NHL. Probably a couple of goalies and then some players that are years away from NHL (if ever).

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Radil! Please know I am aware this game means nothing and is not a reflection of our actual teams but I cheer to the end! Usually the end is a loss so I will enjoy any goal we score.lol

Of our regular scratches, he's the one I would've liked to see more of.

I'm surprised they didn't play Sekac because he has been snakebitten too... he needs more reps not rest. He didn't get to play in KHL finals because of an import rule.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What the f*** is Pospisil thinking? Did he not get the 'no injuries' memo.. he nut shotted Zadina and then jumped on him after.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
It's ironic: Czechs are on their way to 3rd place, but I'm not sure that playing Finland is better than USA?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Thanks. I thought he was a winger. Big fan.. really hope it helps. Essentially, 1 or 2 NHL players a year and Slovaks will be right back where they belong! Anyone good in this draft? Our crop is not looking good.. Svozil dropped off to 16th in Europe and then Brabenec who is not a lock for NHL. Probably a couple of goalies and then some players that are years away from NHL (if ever).

There is a big chance nobody gets drafted this year. 2022 and 2023 look very promising though.

Calm down, we are just avoiding Finland. Just don't get blown out today...

I feel like we're going for a blow out, so that Hudacek has a good game next game.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's ironic: Czechs are on their way to 3rd place, but I'm not sure that playing Finland is better than USA?
I think it's the same challenge.

We struggle with the North American teams and that style.
We struggle with Finns and their Sisu.

At this tourney, with our lineup, I consider us 50-50 against either. I'd consider us 50-50 against Canada too. And, quite hoenstly, if we got Latvia or Germany.. I'd say we are 55-45.

But our chances are just as good (or bad) against Finns or US here.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013

In my opinion for the Czechs there is no big difference if they play against Finland or USA. I think both are more or less on the same level this year.
But for the Finns it's a difference if they play against CZE or SLOVAKIA. It looks they will play against the Czechs and that will be the more difficult game for them I think. Sorry for the Slovaks here but I think Slovakia had been easier for the Finns I'm not saying that because I don't respect Slovakia.
Sorry I overlooked the ironie of yr post.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
In my opinion for the Czechs there is no big difference if they play against Finland or USA. I think both are more or less on the same level this year.
But for the Finns it's a difference if they play against CZE or SLOVAKIA. It looks they will play against the Czechs and that will be the more difficulte game for them I think. Sorry for the Slovaks here but I think Slovakia had been easier for the Finns I'm not saying that because I don't respect Slovakia.
Sorry I overlooked the ironie of yr post.
I think the HF fans think Slovakia has a better chance against US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad