• Provorov

Votes: 141 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
bruce-buffer_612x380_1.jpg

On the right corner in grey trunks we have weighing at 210 pounds with a 22-0 record.. FIGHTING OUT OF A SUBURB IN PHILLY...
Sasso09

On the left red shorts, weighing in at 209 pounds with a 38-4 record. FIGHTING.. OUT OF A GHETTO IN NEW JERSEY...
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
What is there to expand upon? Especially about the takeaways and giveaways lol.
Provorov is easily a better skater, everything else is debatable. And Provorov surely has an equal or better reach, he uses a chara sized stick (exaggeration)

You're just making stuff up, Like you have been all thread.

Please stop avoiding my question and list, name one player Slavin is better than on that list

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
bruce-buffer_612x380_1.jpg

On the right corner in grey trunks we have weighing at 210 pounds with a 22-0 record.. FIGHTING OUT OF A SUBURB IN PHILLY...
Sasso09

On the left red shorts, weighing in at 209 pounds with a 38-4 record. FIGHTING.. OUT OF A GHETTO IN NEW JERSEY...
WhiskeyYourTheDevils
I laughed... And you got my weight exactly correct.

I never lived in a Philly suburb, I lived in west Philly for 5 years during college, 27 years and currently in Chicago

PS Thanks for the undefeated record

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
hahahahah.... who is he better than?

Doughty
EK
Hedman
Keith
Weber
Subban
Josi
Suter
Burns
Vlasic
OEL

No argument for the above...

Lindholm
Pietrangelo
I could go on put you get the point.

Slavin needs to worry about being the best defenseman on his team (certainly debatable) before you anoint him top 10, let alone 5. Theres zero argument. high 20's low 30's'

He is better than Keith, Weber, Subban, Josi, Burns, Vlasic, and OEL.

I can't even believe you think it's debatable that Slavin is the best defenseman on the Hurricanes. That's honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever read on these forums.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Provorov is easily a better skater, everything else is debatable. And Provorov surely has an equal or better reach, he uses a chara sized stick (exaggeration)

You're just making stuff up, Like you have been all thread.

Please stop avoiding my question and list, name one player Slavin is better than on that list

It's debatable that Slavin is way better at stealing pucks and not giving them away? Slavin is definitely the better skater and way better defensive player. Like, it's not even remotely close.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Slavin is a freaking stud. If this guy played on a contending team, he'd be recognized as such. And let's not forget he's only 23, he's not even in his prime yet.

You look at what Pietrangelo is now for the Blues, i have no problem seeing Slavin at similar level some time in the future.

Provorov is really good with fantastic potential, but for whatever reason i think he's not going to quite meet the extremely high expectations a lot of people have, maybe it's bias but yeah, we'll see.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Slavin is a freaking stud. If this guy played on a contending team, he'd be recognized as such. And let's not forget he's only 23, he's not even in his prime yet.

You look at what Pietrangelo is now for the Blues, i have no problem seeing Slavin at similar level some time in the future.

Provorov is really good with fantastic potential, but for whatever reason i think he's not going to quite meet the extremely high expectations a lot of people have, maybe it's bias but yeah, we'll see.

Slavin gets a bunch of hype, and for good reason.

What Pietrangelo is now? He's always been a difference making player. Hitchcock coaching style just handcuffed the Blues' team offense.

Provorov has exceeded expectations. Many Flyer's fans didn't expect the offensive skills that Provorov displayed in juniors to translate well to the NHL. He's shown some potential for growth in point production, too. He's a clear 1D with great upside.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

I can't even believe you think it's debatable that Slavin is the best defenseman on the Hurricanes. That's honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever read on these forums.
Dude.... He's not close to better than any of those guys.... wow, you just made anything you've said before and anything you say in the future irrelevant.

I legit had to think fast and make sure it wasn't april 1st or there wasn't a hidden sarcasm emoji, but nope. You're dead serious.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
It's debatable that Slavin is way better at stealing pucks and not giving them away? Slavin is definitely the better skater and way better defensive player. Like, it's not even remotely close.
If Slavin is better defensively it's certainly not by much. Provorov possesses elite defensive ability already. I've seen both skate often, Provorov is easily the better skater. If Slavin was half as good as you say or think he would have signed a 7 year 8 Mil contract, not a 7 year 5.3 Mil contract.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

I
Give
Up

Seriously there's no point.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
When I watch Slavin I see a lot more of what Whiskey sees than what everyone else sees.

The kid is special and dictates the flow of the game, and his gap control, edgework skating backwards, and defensive zone IQ are all among the best in the league. Provorov is awesome, but his *those things* PROJECT to be at the top of the league. Slavin's currently occupy that spot.

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
You're just throwing out random names. Drew Doughty was fat* at 18. Erik Karlsson was a stick of 165 at the draft- he's put on 25-30 pounds since then. Lindholm and Fowler haven't improved from the "1st pairing defensenen" to "top tier Norris contender" that you guys are arguing for Provorov, which is the improvement I'm asking for.

I'll grant Hedman. That's it.

No, I said that just looking at his age and presuming he will improve because of that and nothing else is wrong

What is this "nothing else" though? Do you genuinely believe the only reason players get better at the NHL level is because they get bigger/more athletic? The best players in the league are constantly honing their skills and developing their game. The logic that a young player isn't likely to get better because they are already mature is highly questionable considering you have over 17,000 posts on a site based on prospects and player development.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
What is this "nothing else" though? Do you genuinely believe the only reason players get better at the NHL level is because they get bigger/more athletic? .

No, I said that the main chunk of development from 18-24 is from a) growing from the body of a teenager into the body of a man and b) from acclimating to the general speed of the NHL game.

So...if Provorov already has his man body, and he already is playing at NHL speed, then how, exactly, is he going to significantly improve his game from 1st pairing d-man right now to perennial Norris contender? I was told that he can gain experience, but when I asked for examples of this happening, I got one that wasn't inherently laughable- Victor Hedman.

I don't get why this is so hard to grasp. It was said at the draft that Provorov was the "safe" pick, that he was close to the finished product at 18 because of these very attributes, etc. etc. And there are loads of players who come into the League hot and then never really improve because they were already at their peak at such a young age.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
No, I said that the main chunk of development from 18-24 is from a) growing from the body of a teenager into the body of a man and b) from acclimating to the general speed of the NHL game.

So...if Provorov already has his man body, and he already is playing at NHL speed, then how, exactly, is he going to significantly improve his game from 1st pairing d-man right now to perennial Norris contender? I was told that he can gain experience, but when I asked for examples of this happening, I got one that wasn't inherently laughable- Victor Hedman.

I don't get why this is so hard to grasp. It was said at the draft that Provorov was the "safe" pick, that he was close to the finished product at 18 because of these very attributes, etc. etc. And there are loads of players who come into the League hot and then never really improve because they were already at their peak at such a young age.

I get what you're trying to say honestly, and your best example would be Ekblad. this doesn't apply to Provorov who literally is getting better with every game played

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad