Rumor: Slava Voynov not returning to KHL team, focused on coming back to the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
How many years is that?

Most likely one season.

The NHL is probably treating him as a Group 4 RFA "Defected Player". Though it's possible he's been treated as a Group 2. Since this is a special agreement between the NHL and PA there's no way to know for certain unless it gets reported in the media.

Voynov would also be facing an NHL suspension when he returns. Probably between 25 and 40 games in my opinion.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Wasn’t he suspended indefinitely in the nhl? Is he allowed back into the league?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Most likely one season.

The NHL is probably treating him as a Group 4 RFA "Defected Player". Though it's possible he's been treated as a Group 2. Since this is a special agreement between the NHL and PA there's no way to know for certain unless it gets reported in the media.

Voynov would also be facing an NHL suspension when he returns. Probably between 25 and 40 games in my opinion.
Thanks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wow such puritanism here. I'm sure that his banishment from the league has absolutely nothing at all to do with his nationality. As for his wife:Slava Voynov Wife Update: Marta Varlamova Accepted Blame For Domestic Violence Incident In November In Letter To Prosecutor? [PHOTO]

Now compare this case with all around hero Patrick Roy. Hmmm.

P.S. Voynov and his wife are still together. Roy and his wife are not...
It makes me sick that I have to bring this up but a harsh reality of domestic assault/abuse is that women often take responsibility for their victimization. This could mean literally nothing.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Wow such puritanism here. I'm sure that his banishment from the league has absolutely nothing at all to do with his nationality. As for his wife:Slava Voynov Wife Update: Marta Varlamova Accepted Blame For Domestic Violence Incident In November In Letter To Prosecutor? [PHOTO]

Now compare this case with all around hero Patrick Roy. Hmmm.

P.S. Voynov and his wife are still together. Roy and his wife are not...

Lol this isnt about Canadian vs Russian nationality

It's about 2000 vs 2018

Reactions: dingbathero

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I could have sworn his legal issues would make it difficult to return to the states? Even for work?
I think both Canada and the US have grounds to not grant him a visa. He didn't play in the WCoH, I think partially due to visa issues (or expected issues). How it works in practice is a bit difficult to say.

It's a bit unprecedented I think. Most of the high profile abuse cases have been domestic to the US lately, so obviously visa issues don't come into play - just league rules. In this, we have a conviction for domestic violence with jail time, and he left the country I believe before the deportation proceedings, making them moot. It's an open question as to whether he could come back to the US as a tourist - forget as a worker.

Reactions: SI90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad