Rumor: Slava Voynov not returning to KHL team, focused on coming back to the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The game of hockey literally contains assault, I'm sure every year there are several NHL players who beat people up even outside of the game; and nothing happens. This was a mutual argument that apparently didn't even involve punches being thrown? It's pretty ridiculous that this should blackball someone from continuing to have a career in something they worked their entire life to attain.

But the keyboard moralists, who have never lost their tempers, would be offended.

Who knows what the circumstances were. The wife may have done something egregious. It happened, what, four years ago? He's lost a ton of income as a result already and the wife has forgiven him. He's probably highly unlikely to repeat what he did.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It was a general point, and it was partially made because plenty of people in this thread seem to think his career should have been over because of it.

I won't get into the second point because it's a political statement, but you're absolutely wrong about that being a foundation behind the criminal justice system. Very, very wrong.
Please - tell the lawyer more about he's wrong about the purpose of punishment as holding people accountable for past mistakes. I'm listening.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
But the keyboard moralists, who have never lost their tempers, would be offended.

You mean the "keyboard moralists who have never beat their wives", I assume? Because I fail to see how merely not beating your wife somehow makes you a "keyboard moralist". Pretty disturbing take, really. Calling those offended by the choking of women "keyboard moralists" is . . . something else.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Players get into fights at bars all the time, Patrick Kane beating the crap out of a taxi driver and got accused of rape. His career is still intact. Hell our entire sport contains fighting and hitting people. She says herself that he tried multiple times to deescalate the situation, even trying to sleep; when she started putting hands on him and they got into a shoving match and he shoved her into a TV. This shouldn't be career ending.

I was unaware of these circumstances. It's a no brainer for a reasonable person. A reasonable DA wouldn't have charged him.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
The game of hockey literally contains assault, I'm sure every year there are several NHL players who beat people up even outside of the game; and nothing happens. This was a mutual argument that apparently didn't even involve punches being thrown? It's pretty ridiculous that this should blackball someone from continuing to have a career in something they worked their entire life to attain.
If I hypothetically were convicted of beating my wife, I would lose my bar license and could no longer work in the job that spent me years of training (not to mention money) to be a part of. Them's the breaks. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Second - Peoples lives ABSOLUTELY should be and are ruined over past mistakes. That's the whole foundation behind our criminal justice system.

:laugh:

let me guess...not a law school graduate?

anyway...

guy's a very good defenceman. I'd take him on my team.

lots of self-righteous people ITT. who have never made a mistake that hurt someone else in their entire lives -- good for them I guess.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Who knows what the circumstances were. The wife may have done something egregious. It happened, what, four years ago? He's lost a ton of income as a result already and the wife has forgiven him. He's probably highly unlikely to repeat what he did.

Oh look, someone justifying domestic violence and abuse!

You're at terrible individual.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

holy shit... are you actually trying to say that there are situations where beating his wife bloody would be an appropriate response? You do know that's illegal right? And that he was charged with felony assault? Its not like "who hasn't gotten a parking ticket amirite"?

Also lmfao at "who hasn't lost their temper". People do that all the time. Lose their temper and decide that the way to channel that is beating your wife? Not so much.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I was unaware of these circumstances. It's a no brainer for a reasonable person. A reasonable DA wouldn't have charged him.

Actually, it sounds much more like the sadly typical case of an abused spouse changing her story to protect her husband. This is extremely common. You should try reading about abuse, frankly, since you come off as completely ignorant.

A "reasonable DA" is smart enough to see through that.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You mean the "keyboard moralists who have never beat their wives", I assume? Because I fail to see how merely not beating your wife somehow makes you a "keyboard moralist". Pretty disturbing take, really. Calling those offended by the choking of women "keyboard moralists" is . . . something else.
Do you know the circumstances, Mr. "I care so much"?

Take your morality play to the sewer of a political board on this site.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

anyway...

lots of self-righteous people ITT. who have never made a mistake that hurt someone else in their entire lives -- good for them I guess.

I've never felt the need to beat anyone I was dating.

And that is more than just a mistake. That is assault and abuse.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Domestic abuse happens frequently in the NFL... Don't thry just get suspended for a bit and come back?

A lot of people welcomed bertuzzi back, a crime that was at least equal to what Voynov did
I honestly don't know what they do in the NFL, but from what I gather that's probably not the example you would want to follow. Moreover - as has been mentioned - there are no corresponding visa issues for these NFL cases.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
holy ****... are you actually trying to say that there are situations where beating his wife bloody would be an appropriate response? You do know that's illegal right? And that he was charged with felony assault? Its not like "who hasn't gotten a parking ticket amirite"?

Also lmfao at "who hasn't lost their temper". People do that all the time. Lose their temper and decide that the way to channel that is beating your wife? Not so much.

He basically said "she was asking for it".

There's some seriously creepy stuff being said in this thread right now.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Domestic abuse happens frequently in the NFL... Don't thry just get suspended for a bit and come back?

A lot of people welcomed bertuzzi back, a crime that was at least equal to what Voynov did

Might have something to do with how there are misognyistic domestic abuse apologists that watch the sport / sports, and owners of teams with the same mindset, that have no issue with accepting that sort of person onto their team.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Actually, it sounds much more like the sadly typical case of an abused spouse changing her story to protect her husband. This is extremely common. You should try reading about abuse, frankly, since you come off as completely ignorant.

A "reasonable DA" is smart enough to see through that.

What's "typical" is your generalizing of a specific incident. You're applying your "one size fits all" to a conflict you know nothing about.

Talk about ignorance and close mindedness.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

anyway...

Yeah. There are a number of us that haven't choked their wives or beat their partners.

I do consider that good for us.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I've never felt the need to beat anyone I was dating.

And that is more than just a mistake. That is assault and abuse.

Then you havent been in a real relationship, lol. Not saying you should act on it by any means, but if you dont want to choke your significant other on the daily, you're doing it wrong.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
get over it, so him and his wife got into a scrap, should he be living under a bridge homeless forever ? he should have the RIGHT to work for an NHL team

Just get over domestic violence?

Nah, he shouldnt. It's not a RIGHT to play in a private league. It's a privellege, and he should lose that privellege since he is a domestic abuser and a violent person.

Reactions: The Macho Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad