Rumor: Slava Voynov not returning to KHL team, focused on coming back to the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Please - tell the lawyer more about he's wrong about the purpose of punishment as holding people accountable for past mistakes. I'm listening.

Lmao. Because you're a lawyer (by the way, you have no idea what my background is so I wouldn't be so quick to try to establish yourself as an authority who knows more about this issue than me), that makes your word law on what constitutes the "foundation" of the criminal justice system? Please.

Besides using a fallacy (argumentum ad vercundiam, the "argument from authority", or in this case, an appeal to an authority that is not actually an authority on the issue), you've also moved the goal posts. In the first post, you said, and I quote, "Peoples lives ABSOLUTELY should be and are ruined over past mistakes. That's the whole foundation behind our criminal justice system," and are now saying "the purpose of punishment as holding people accountable for past mistakes." Those are very different statements.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah. There are a number of us that haven't choked their wives or beat their partners.

I do consider that good for us.
Seriously - it's not that hard not to bloody your wife. I don't beat my wife every day. I'm getting quite good at not beating her.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What's "typical" is your generalizing of a specific incident. You're applying your "one size fits all" to a conflict you know nothing about.

Talk about ignorance and close mindedness.

Right. I am applying the general concept of "don't f***ing choke your wife" to this thread.

Very ignorant, Mr. She Asked For It.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
holy ****... are you actually trying to say that there are situations where beating his wife bloody would be an appropriate response? You do know that's illegal right? And that he was charged with felony assault? Its not like "who hasn't gotten a parking ticket amirite"?

Also lmfao at "who hasn't lost their temper". People do that all the time. Lose their temper and decide that the way to channel that is beating your wife? Not so much.

Have you read the police report?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Then you havent been in a real relationship, lol. Not saying you should act on it by any means, but if you dont want to choke your significant other on the daily, you're doing it wrong.

Nah, I think you're doing it wrong if you have the impusle to violently assault your parnter.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Lmao. Because you're a lawyer (by the way, you have no idea what my background is so I wouldn't be so quick to try to establish yourself as an authority who knows more about this issue than me), that makes your word law on what constitutes the "foundation" of the criminal justice system.

Besides using a fallacy (argumentum ad vercundiam, the "argument from authority", or in this case, an appeal to an authority that is not actually an authority on the issue), you've also moved the goal posts. In the first post, you said, and I quote, "Peoples lives ABSOLUTELY should be and are ruined over past mistakes. That's the whole foundation behind our criminal justice system," and are now saying "the purpose of punishment as holding people accountable for past mistakes." Those are very different statements.
Oh my god you're one of those.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Seriously - it's not that hard not to bloody your wife. I don't beat my wife every day. I'm getting quite good at not beating her.

I have such a good relationship with the woman I live with that I've managed for the past few years never to choke her, kick her, or throw her into a TV. I must just be a "keyboard moralist", though.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I have such a good relationship with the woman I live with that I've managed for the past few years never to choke her, kick her, or throw her into a TV. I must just be a "keyboard moralist", though.
Can't say I haven't choked my wife. But we're getting sidetracked here. :P

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This thread is just showing that HF is really filled with some disgusting pieces of garbage. I know we all joke about how toxic it is here because of pointless hockey threads, arguements over who's better than who, but this thread really does show that yea, this place has some really terrible people in it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nah, I think you're doing it wrong if you have the impusle to violently assault your parnter.
the-joke-you-sarcasm-detected-7347152.png

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's now a cliche to not beat your wife?

Also, if merely not beating my partner makes me "righteous", I really question what heinous stuff you condone (besides attacking women).
I'm not condoning beating women. I understand that it happens. I understand that sometimes situations get out of hand and that both sides bear responsibility.

I know that falls out side the feminine "women are always right" point of view of a cuck.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This thread is just showing that HF is really filled with some disgusting pieces of garbage. I know we all joke about how toxic it is here because of pointless hockey threads, arguements over who's better than who, but this thread really does show that yea, this place has some really terrible people in it.

Oh, I could've told you that, though. Every so often threads like this pop up and show the true character of some individuals. It's sort of a good thing that the "she asked for it!" folks scarlet letter themselves in this manner, though. I'd rather it be out in the open at least.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I honestly don't know what they do in the NFL, but from what I gather that's probably not the example you would want to follow. Moreover - as has been mentioned - there are no corresponding visa issues for these NFL cases.
How do you suppose the non American's in the NFL have their jobs?
A visa I'd assume?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I dunno about your moral compass, but choking women and beating them is pretty offensive to me. Regardless if I personally see it taking place.

You do you, though.
It's offensive to me as well but its not even a crime that relates to hockey.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not condoning beating women. I understand that it happens. I understand that sometimes situations get out of hand and that both sides bear responsibility.

I know that falls out side the feminine "women are always right" point of view of a ****.

So even though she may have asked for it, you're now not condoning the actions? Interesting.

Also, lol @ the "both sides to blame" argument. Nice to see that one arise. Good people on both sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad